adcooney
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

So I've put an issue in to them about 4 controllers not working. I'm basically stumped now. It appears for me at least, the 4th player is ALWAYS an input from the PC (which is either a keyboard or if I connect a controller to it an Xbox controller).

Wouldn't be a problem except for its probably out of range of my Pi so the wireless receiver wont work I don't think :/

I've now tested this on moonlight-embedded and moonlight-pc with the same game and the same controllers. Both have the same issue.

jackmomie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:55 pm

Hello,

first of all, sorry for my english and my general ignorance on this subject.

Now, I have a question regarding an error i encounter when i try to start the stream mode.
I have a Raspberry pi 2 with the latest version of moonlight (2.0.2) on it, I followed those instructions : https://github.com/irtimmer/moonlight-embedded. My main computer has a nvidia gtx 960 graphic card with the latest version of geforce experience.
I managed to pair moonlight with my main computer (with fix ip).
But when i try to start the stream mode with the command "moonlight stream" it does not seems to work. I do have big picture starting on the main computer tho.
After a while the terminal shows me those errors :
- Starting RTSP handshake .... connect() failed : 110
- RTSP OPTIONS request failed : 110
- failed : 110
- Error : cannot keep up


Voila ....

Can someone Help ? Thx in advance.

LordFahrenheit
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:29 am

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:42 am

jackmomie wrote:Hello,

first of all, sorry for my english and my general ignorance on this subject.

Now, I have a question regarding an error i encounter when i try to start the stream mode.
I have a Raspberry pi 2 with the latest version of moonlight (2.0.2) on it, I followed those instructions : https://github.com/irtimmer/moonlight-embedded. My main computer has a nvidia gtx 960 graphic card with the latest version of geforce experience.
I managed to pair moonlight with my main computer (with fix ip).
But when i try to start the stream mode with the command "moonlight stream" it does not seems to work. I do have big picture starting on the main computer tho.
After a while the terminal shows me those errors :
- Starting RTSP handshake .... connect() failed : 110
- RTSP OPTIONS request failed : 110
- failed : 110
- Error : cannot keep up


Voila ....

Can someone Help ? Thx in advance.

I'm having the exact same issue as you, however i got the stream to initially work with wifi, but when i switched to ethernet I get this output:
Initializing platform...done
Resolving host name...done
Starting RTSP handshake...connect() failed: 110
RTSP OPTIONS request failed: 110
failed: 110

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:52 pm
Location: Staffordshire, UK

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:38 pm

Anyone having issues with Windows 10 and the latest geforce drivers.
My stream is totally broken, trys to initiate the rtsp handshake and fails with error code 500.

Managed to get it to pair successfully but it won't steam. Was working fine before my machine updated to windows 10.

Played around installing different drivers etc and got it to stream a couple of times but with serious lag making it unplayable.
Tried a clean install of windows 10 and latest nvidia drivers from website but still the same, getting rtsp handshake error and the stream wont start.

Reverted back to 8.1 and it works straight away so it must be a windows 10 issue.

jackmomie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:19 pm

LordFahrenheit wrote:
jackmomie wrote:Hello,

first of all, sorry for my english and my general ignorance on this subject.

Now, I have a question regarding an error i encounter when i try to start the stream mode.
I have a Raspberry pi 2 with the latest version of moonlight (2.0.2) on it, I followed those instructions : https://github.com/irtimmer/moonlight-embedded. My main computer has a nvidia gtx 960 graphic card with the latest version of geforce experience.
I managed to pair moonlight with my main computer (with fix ip).
But when i try to start the stream mode with the command "moonlight stream" it does not seems to work. I do have big picture starting on the main computer tho.
After a while the terminal shows me those errors :
- Starting RTSP handshake .... connect() failed : 110
- RTSP OPTIONS request failed : 110
- failed : 110
- Error : cannot keep up


Voila ....

Can someone Help ? Thx in advance.

I'm having the exact same issue as you, however i got the stream to initially work with wifi, but when i switched to ethernet I get this output:
Initializing platform...done
Resolving host name...done
Starting RTSP handshake...connect() failed: 110
RTSP OPTIONS request failed: 110
failed: 110
i'll try to redo the installation pretty soon (with that tuto this time : http://www.theraspberrypiguy.com/raspbe ... -tutorial/)
i'll let you know.

It worked at one point, for 10 min or so, howewer i didn't do anything different than usual to run it so i really don't know how to reproduce the miracle.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:52 pm
Location: Staffordshire, UK

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Latest version of moonlight 2.1.1 is now working with windows 10.

silveradept
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:48 am

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:08 am

So, I'm running moonlight 2.0.2 on the latest NOOBS, streaming from a Win10 box with a Ti750 in it. Other implementations of Moonlight (Android) work just fine, but on my B+, I have an issue.

I start Moonlight fine from LXTerminal and it receives excellent input and output, but it appears that all the keypresses, mouse movements and clicks are being mirrored back into the X session. So a frantic gaming session ends up with having spawned six instances of Wolfram and a few other programs. I can't use the exit sequence mentioned in GitHub, either. Perhaps because the keyboard input seems to think the space bar is the number 2. Trying to shift into a new tty session (ctrl+f1) doesn't fix the problem, unfortunately.

I'd like to be able to spawn Moonlight in the X session and exit out back to X when done, without things having gone haywire in the meantime.

User avatar
Aaronaurus
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:32 am
Location: England, UK

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:17 am

Hi all, haven't tried this out yet but may do in the near future.

I was wondering if it is at all possible to be able to use the PC as normal use (say user 1) while the pair PI and PC operates a separate window/terminal/login (say user 2) at the same time?

Reason being is it would be nice to fork out the computers power to stream games to the PI, but allow someone to hop on the computer and still browse the internet if they wanted.

My guess is probably a big no :P

benjimaestro
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:04 pm
Location: UK
Contact: Website

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:44 am

I do this:

cmake ../

And it gives me error:

Code: Select all

You have called ADD_LIBRARY for library moonlight-common without any source files. This typically indicates a problem with your CMakeLists.txt file
-- Configuring done
CMake Error: CMake can not determine linker language for target: moonlight-common
CMake Error: Cannot determine link language for target "moonlight-common".
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/pi/moonlight-embedded-master/build
What does this mean and how do I fix it?! I have been trying for DAYS.

Fredthefrog
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:28 pm

You haven't installed cmake, I had this problem. Just use this;

sudo apt-get install build-essential
wget http://www.cmake.org/files/v3.2/cmake-3.2.3.tar.gz
tar xzf cmake-3.2.3.tar.gz
cd cmake-3.2.3
./configure
sudo make install

Compile and install moonlight:

cd moonlight-embedded-2.0
mkdir build
cd build/
cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../
make
sudo make install

strohfeuer
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:11 am

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:23 am

adcooney wrote:So I've put an issue in to them about 4 controllers not working. I'm basically stumped now. It appears for me at least, the 4th player is ALWAYS an input from the PC (which is either a keyboard or if I connect a controller to it an Xbox controller).

Wouldn't be a problem except for its probably out of range of my Pi so the wireless receiver wont work I don't think :/

I've now tested this on moonlight-embedded and moonlight-pc with the same game and the same controllers. Both have the same issue.
Has anybody a solution for this issue? I'm stuck with the same problem.

vander
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi guys and Girls,

I have tried, probably not hard enough, to stream my windows desktop to the RPi using Moonlight.

Is there a command to do this? if so, what would said command look like?

If not, is there plans to add such functionality in the future?

Thanks in advanced,
vander

User avatar
AikonCWD
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:50 pm
Location: Barcelona

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:02 am

Thanks for your work man! This is how moonlight looks on my RaspberryPi2

https://youtu.be/djBzL_jI1tk

Launched via emulationstation menu, Witcher 3 at 1080 @ 60 :D
My e-mail = aikon.bcn@gmail.com

grad.michal
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:10 pm

What is avarage "local" latency (from receive first package of frame to render frame) for 1080p, 60fps, 20Mbit/s?

I wrote some code (https://github.com/irtimmer/moonlight-e ... istics.txt) using clock_gettime that register start time for each frame in processRtpPayload (VideoDepacketizer.c) and end time in the end of decoder_renderer_submit_decode_unit (pi.c) and write it to log after specific number of frames. It is quite simple so I do not think there is a error there but if anyone actually see one please point it out.

It is showing that avarage execution time of each frame took between 0.83ms to 11ms (numbers from writing avg time for 1000 frames every 1000 frames while playing game).

I tried to measured audio latency using method described in Odroid forum (http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 00#p122644) and overall result was sth around 250ms. I am not sure if this test is correct as I am not sure if audio latency is same as video latency (both streams are running diferent threads).

However assuming both test are correct I wonder what is the reason of 240ms latency on top of hardware decoding? Both host and client is wired and ping is around 0.4ms. Iperf is showing that connection is very stable (no dropped or disordered UDP packages at all). Host machine has Windows 10, i7 6700@4500Mhz, and overclocked 970 so whetever GFE is using (either CPU or GPU) it should be as fast as possible). Client (RP2) is also overclocked: CPU to 1000Mhz and GPU to 500Mhz with force turbo enabled.

Pr0file
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:46 pm

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Hello guys.

First of all thank you for the work put on this.

I previously made a build of Moonlight Embedded 2.1.4 and successfully played on it.

With the new update I found a easier guide here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/220969/turn-a- ... moonlight/

But I'm having a issue installing moonlight-embedded tho. Here's what I get on the terminal:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install moonlight-embedded
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 moonlight-embedded : Depends: libenet1a but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
I'm sorry for an obvious lack of knowledge here but I'm stuck and no amount of searching is showing me the light.

Thank you in advance and once again thanks for all the work you've put into this.

irtimmer
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:46 pm

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:02 pm

You're probably trying to run the Raspbian Wheezy version on a Raspbian Jessie system.

See also: https://github.com/irtimmer/moonlight-e ... issues/355

1. Open terminal / ssh to your device
2. `sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list`
3. Change `deb http://archive.itimmer.nl/raspbian/moonlight wheezy main` to `deb http://archive.itimmer.nl/raspbian/moonlight jessie main`
4. Ctrl + O to write changes to disk, press ENTER to confirm
5. Ctrl + X to exit nano
6. `sudo apt-get update`
7. `sudo apt-get install moonlight-embedded`

Pr0file
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:46 pm

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:36 pm

Yes, that was the mistake I made @irtimmer.
For others finding this, I'm using Rasbian, installed by NOOBS.

Thanks for the help :)

PiAhoy
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:19 am

If you use GeForce Experience(or Steam?), you can select a normal application. Then you can try to open a file using Windows Explorer, and then stream your windows desktop to your RPi.

adcooney
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:10 pm

strohfeuer wrote:
adcooney wrote:So I've put an issue in to them about 4 controllers not working. I'm basically stumped now. It appears for me at least, the 4th player is ALWAYS an input from the PC (which is either a keyboard or if I connect a controller to it an Xbox controller).

Wouldn't be a problem except for its probably out of range of my Pi so the wireless receiver wont work I don't think :/

I've now tested this on moonlight-embedded and moonlight-pc with the same game and the same controllers. Both have the same issue.
Has anybody a solution for this issue? I'm stuck with the same problem.
This problem in the moonlight commons/c repository was fixed fairly recently. Cant recall exactly I could try to find it but it may now be available or you can make from the git repos.

Ive unfortunately abandoned moonlight along time ago as this bug was a blocker for me. I may try it again but Id have to set it all up on a fresh sd.

Niagasaki
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Mon May 30, 2016 9:07 am

Hi irtimmer,

I bought a 3.5 TFT screen for my Raspberry Pi 2 for playing with Moonlight embedded on this screen.

But I can't, when I play Moonlight, the video going on the HDMI but not on my screen 3.5. :?

Do you know why?
I have to change something, but what .. if you know tell me please :cry:

Regards,
Niagasaki!

User avatar
topguy
Posts: 3316
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:46 am
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Tue May 31, 2016 8:56 am

Niagasaki wrote:Hi irtimmer,

I bought a 3.5 TFT screen for my Raspberry Pi 2 for playing with Moonlight embedded on this screen.

But I can't, when I play Moonlight, the video going on the HDMI but not on my screen 3.5. :?

Do you know why?
I have to change something, but what .. if you know tell me please :cry:

Regards,
Niagasaki!
To decode the videostream effectively one has to use the GPU, the GPU can only work with the standard HDMI or composite output.
There is a program called "fbcp" ( framebuffer copy ) that can copy the contents of HDMI framebuffer to another framebuffer for TFT screen. Search the forum for it.

Niagasaki
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Tue May 31, 2016 1:21 pm

EPIC !
Thank You :)

firepro20
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Mapping a DS2 controller

Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:04 pm

How can I map a dualshock 2 controller? It seems after doing the moonlight map d2.map command and following instructions it still does not work.

abs_x = 0
abs_y = 1
abs_z = -1
reverse_x = false
reverse_y = true
abs_rx = 5
abs_ry = 2
abs_rz = -1
reverse_rx = false
reverse_ry = true
abs_deadzone = 17208
abs_dpad_x = 16
abs_dpad_y = 17
reverse_dpad_x = false
reverse_dpad_y = false
btn_north = 288
btn_east = 289
btn_south = 290
btn_west = 291
btn_select = 296
btn_start = 297
btn_mode = 78
btn_thumbl = 298
btn_thumbr = 299
btn_tl = 294
btn_tr = 295
btn_tl2 = 292
btn_tr2 = 293
btn_dpad_up = -1
btn_dpad_down = -1
btn_dpad_left = -1
btn_dpad_right = -1


What is the problem? This is the command I'm running

moonlight stream -60fps -1080 -app 'Sky Force Anniversary' -mapping /home/pi/Desktop/ds2.map -input /dev/input/event3 192.168.0.13

User avatar
Nfarrow
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Contact: Website

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:17 am

I've made a very easy install for Moonlight.

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/VeggieVampire/MoonlightAuto 
cd MoonlightAuto 
chmod 777 * 
./update.sh 
###It will reboot your Pi

####Relog back into the Pi
cd MoonlightAuto 
./install.sh 
Twitter: @farrownick
Instagram veggievampire
I own a lot of Pis....

User avatar
Dis93
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:30 pm
Location: Wuthering, Yorkshire

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:41 am

Argh!
How can I troubleshoot my moonlight install? It was working and now isn't. Could an update have borked things?
Running Moonlight 2.2.0, RPi 3b with Jessie updated to latest version with 4.4.13-v7+ kernel, my Win 10 box has Nvidia Experience 2.11.4.0.

When I launch moonlight, I get
Connect to x.x.x.x
but it just sits there. If I turn off my firewall on the Win 10 box (despite the Nvidia apps having rules to allow) I do get further but it is
Can't connect to server x.x.x.x
Pi 3B - RS one nine design clear case - Official Black 5v 2.5A PSU - HDMI>DVI-D - 32Gb Samsung EVO+ - Raspbian/Kodi/RetroPie
Pi Zero - Official White 5v 2A PSU - Raspberry Wifi - 32Gb Samsung EVO+ - Raspbian

Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests