delphiuk

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:58 pm

Could anyone help me with some weird behaviour in moonlight embedded? Im using 2.0.1 (the c-version), new to all of this (but not necessarily Linux) and I have installed xboxdrv, managed to get my wireless xbox360 controller to be recognised etc. but as soon as I start streaming (even with the mapping file used) the up and down on the left stick, and the d-pad and buttons dont work, the left and right on the left stick does.

I've used xboxdrv to check that all the axes are working correctly and made a mapping file using the command through moonlight, but I just can't seem to get this to work!

benjimaestro

Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:27 pm

How can I run this from a Python 3 script? So instead of doing 'moonlight stream -app Steam 192.169.1.1' in the terminal I could do this in a Python script?

Lombra

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:17 am

Look for a Python function to execute OS commands and then just put the exact command as a string.

adcooney

Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Has anyone had much success streaming Dolphin? Steam allows you to add 'non-steam' games to the library which I've done and I can launch games from Steam such as smash bros. When I stream though so far anyway its quite slow. Trying to improve performance to see if it can be playable. Its perfectly fine in terms of performance on my pc (i5 with a gtx970).

Lombra

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:01 pm

adcooney wrote:Has anyone had much success streaming Dolphin? Steam allows you to add 'non-steam' games to the library which I've done and I can launch games from Steam such as smash bros. When I stream though so far anyway its quite slow. Trying to improve performance to see if it can be playable. Its perfectly fine in terms of performance on my pc (i5 with a gtx970).
I've not tried that, no, but I should think the stream performance is largely independent of the streamed software. Are you able to stream something else with better results?

adcooney

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:34 pm

Yes I have streamed many Steam games in 720 and 1080p and all of them work almost flawlessly. There is noticeable lag however with Dolphin. So far I've turned the stream quality right down, set it to fast as well. Nothing yet; need to keep toying. It is borederline playable I would say.

adcooney

Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Nevermind I have fixed it. Was a setting in Dolphin causing my terrible FPS it would seem. Had to set 'Render to Main window' to true in the graphics settings.

Moonlight is working very well for me :)

benjimaestro

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Lombra wrote:Look for a Python function to execute OS commands and then just put the exact command as a string.
os.system("command") won't work. Command being what I posted earlier.

Fredthefrog

Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:07 pm

I have been trying for ages to get my pi to pair to my PC, I have a GTX 760 with latest GForce Drivers. I am using putty console for the moment until I get it to work. When I type in 'java -jar limelight.jar -pair xxx.xxx.x.xx' it should pair and I think it is trying to but it dosen't send up the pair message on my PC as GForce should. It works with my phone running android but not this which is really annoyihg me. I tried my PC name instead of my IP but that said 'Pair No route to host'. I have tried turning off my firewall but know I am just stuck. HELP.

adcooney

Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:36 pm

I suspect you may need to give some more information. Presumably you can ping the IP address you are using? Remember that local IPs are not static (although they can be) so your computer's IP address will change. I'm not using the same version unfortunately. If it works against android but not against the Pi I would check:
* The command is definitely the same and the IP is definitely your PC's.
* The Pi is on the Internet and can ping the PC
* That there isn't some setting on NVidias GFE that limits devices
* Firewall (but seems you have checked that).

I have given my PC a localized static IP address so I always connect to the same IP but I am using Moonlight not Limelight. My GFE -> Preferences -> GameStream are set to "On my network". You should make sure yours is set to that (or On my network and the Internet).

adcooney

Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Has anyone managed to get 4 player working with 4 controllers? Appears on mine it will only play 3 with the fourth as a keyboard even if no keyboard is attached.

Fredthefrog

Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:46 am

Thanks I got mine to work. Just started over and used latest version on moonlight instead. :D

For the controller situation I am not too sure. Mine is working fine. I use Xbox accessories 2.1 (Which I boot before I start streaming my games) and then have a cheep wireless gaming controller USB receiver adapter for Xbox 360 controllers which I plug into my pi directly. This connects up to 4 people fine. Probably no help but... yeah.

adcooney

Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:16 am

What games have you got running 4 player that you've tested? I may also have them. If this program actually supports it then it must either be the fact I am mixing wired/wireless or something in my Pi set up.

This "Xbox accessories 2.1" is something you run where? On the Pi or on your PC?

Also what version of Moonlight are you using?

Fredthefrog

Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:39 am

I am using moonlight 2.0.1.
I have been playing a Minecraft rip-off split screen game, it is a bit glitchy with the lighting but is over all fine to play.
I run the x-box accessories 2.1 on my pc. It works fine for my and is really helpful. I don't need to plug the receiver adapter for my x-box controllers into the pi because my PC is close enough by for the range to still reach but I do anyway. Remember to map your game-pad with 'moonlight map'.
I don't think wired wireless set up would be a problem. My PC is wireless and my pi is wired. As long as they are connected to the same network it should be fine.
Hope this was some how helpful.

adcooney

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:29 am

You've played Minecraft 4 player split screen? Have you played anything through Steam (that is where I have a problem I think)?

I am using Moonlight 2.0.2 (well I am building from source to be accurate). I'm assuming this Xbox 2.1 accessories are just drivers? Maybe I should checked mine.

Wired/wireless was in reference to the controllers not the internet connection. I am using two wired xbox controllers and 2 wireless (via a single receiver).

Cheers for your help though, don't suppose you have steam and can try a game or just launch the UI and see if all 4 controllers respond? :P

My controllers when connected to my PC use driver 2.1.0.1349.

Fredthefrog

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:09 pm

It isn't proper Minecraft only like it. I have played games through steam such as just cause 2. I see what you mean though by the keyboard and mouse being player one. I fixed this by either connecting the controller first then steaming the game if plugged into PC or I just plug it into my pi and map it. But I do have one problem; my controller works fine when streaming in big picture mode and not in a game but when I load up a game such as Skyrim it stops working... It is ok with some but not with all. The controllers work fine with these games when on there own and not streaming though. It is very weird.I am going to upgade my moonlight to see if this fixes the problem. But any ideas though.

adcooney

Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:19 pm

If I connect 3 controllers to my Pi and connect another ot my PC, 4 inputs can be used. It just seems like a PC input is always there and I cannot get rid of it :( I tried disconnecting my keyboard but to no avail.

Fredthefrog

Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:35 pm

I see what you mean, when I do 'moonlight steam -mapping xbox.map' my xbox controller works perfectly in steam big picture mode but when you start a game the controller no longer responds and the keyboard and mouse back at the PC is the only thing which works. I have done everything now but kill myself to get this to work. If you find a way please tell me. :cry:

adcooney

Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:18 pm

That probably suggests the game itself doesn't support the controller if the Steam overlay works. Does it have the controller icon?I've only checked a few games but they all have controller support.

Castle Crashers, Dungeon Defenders, Towerfall Ascension. I could test some games you have tried perhaps if I have them

I have written udev rules so my controllers always map to js0-js3 (see http://blog.petrockblock.com/forums/top ... post-89333). You could do the same and that would allow you to set the -input flag. If the Steam overlay is working with a controller though it sounds to me anyway like its the game.

Fredthefrog

Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks, I got the game to work I just had to get the right Xbox controller drivers installed on my pi. :D

Here is how https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Se ... controller
Last edited by Fredthefrog on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Camaraseti

Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi all, I've recently updated my 1.3 limelight to the lastest version of moonlight (I think it is 2.0.2) and well, my PS3.map won't work anymore as the new moonlight is coded in C... Could anyone give me (and everyone who has a similar problem), a little help about how to connect the ps3 controller on the new moonlight by bluetooth? Thank you in advance

Fredthefrog

Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:59 pm

I use a x-box controller which I just got to work with my pi. But I do know to get any controller to work you need the right drivers, here is a link on how to get your specific controller to work http://booting-rpi.blogspot.ro/2012/08/ ... ry-pi.html.

After you might have to map your gamepad, do this by 'moonlight map ps3.map' then follow the commands. Remember when booting to use this map for your controller by doing 'moonlight stream -mapping ps3.map'.

Hope this helped. :D

Camaraseti

Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Thank you very much! you deserve a medal!
I just mapped my ps3 controller and added it at the launch options like you said and worked like a charm! Thank you!

EDIT: I just ask it here because I didn't find any information about it, and I've been searching it... How do you start an app with spaces on it's name? For example, I want to stream League of Legends, but moonlight -720 60fps -app League of Legends [IP] -mapping ps3.map gives error. I just can't add it as a non-steam game niether because it crashes, I've tried it. Anyone who brings us some light about it? Thank you all!

adcooney

Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:04 pm

Try using a backslash. Alternatively rename the file so it has no spaces in it.

So try -app League\ of\ Legends

Fredthefrog

Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:28 pm

If that doesn't work try and find the .exe name for the game. For example if I wanted to stream Minecraft I would open G-Force Experience, go to preferences, go to game stream and find and then add the Minecraft executable. Then to stream that game I would do 'moonlight stream -app Minecraft.exe -mapping xbox.map'.
Hope this helps. :D

Return to “Gaming”