DougieLawson

Re: Moonlight Embedded

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:24 am

Has the IP address for your RPi changed?
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

Since 2012: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Zero*2, 3B*3

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Do not send private messages.

Dis93

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:29 am

Hi Dougie,

No the IP address hasn't changed , both are fixed.
Anyways, it was a glitch, restarted my Win10 box, now it works. shrugs
Pi 3B - RS one nine design clear case - Official Black 5v 2.5A PSU - HDMI>DVI-D - 32Gb Samsung EVO+ - Raspbian/Kodi/RetroPie
Pi Zero - Official White 5v 2A PSU - Raspberry Wifi - 32Gb Samsung EVO+ - Raspbian

harmltc

Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:26 pm

I've setup Moonlight Embedded on Retropie/Emulationstation using different guides and i am very happy with the results. My X360 controllers are recognized and i can navigate every menu. When launching Moonlight Embedded (stream PC/Steam) i can still navigate menus and play games without any problem. Great!

The next step was to look for a rhythm game like Guitar Hero, and was found in the form of Phase Shift (http://www.dwsk.co.uk/index_phase_shift.html). Installed and worked like a charm. X360 guitar controller worked out of the box by connecting the USB wireless receiver to my PC (which i also use to my RPI3). Added the game to Steam so it can be launched by EmulationStation/Moonlight.

Now, when my X360 guitar controller is connected to my RPI3 using the wireless receiver, i can navigate all the menus in EmulationStation, all the menus in Moonlight/Steam, but when i launch Phase Shift the game freezes when i touch a button. Normal X360 controllers work fine in the game.

I know this might be a Phase Shift problem, but in the forums over there they couldnt really help me because they dont use this setup, so thats why i try it here. Also, Phase Shift looks like a great game to play from your couch using Moonlight, so it might interest others to help!

numotiv

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Hello there, not sure if this has come up before but I was wondering if its possible to stream in 4x3? I have a 4k monitor on my computer and I am streaming to my pi on a crt tv. I set the resolution to 320x240(I'm streaming n64/ps2 etc) which works fine but there is a black bar on the top and bottom. I can actually see a bit of the console text so clearly the image just isn't filling the screen.

volc

Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Hey guys just wanted to share my script for starting moonlight. Been using this quite a bit.
This script can wol your pc and checks with netcat if steam is ready. Then it will connect. No more running up and down ;)

#!/bin/bash
host='*.*.*.*' #Gamestream host you paired with
wol='1' #Set to 0 if you don't need wake on lan (install package wakeonlan)
mac='94:DE:80:66:XX:XX' #mac address of Gamestream host
port='27036' #Port to check if SteamStreaming is live
res='-1080' #Moonlight resolution
fps='-fps 60' #Moonlight frames per second
map='-mapping /home/pi/Moonlight/xbox.map' #Path of moonlight mapping file
#WakeonLAN
if [ $wol -eq '1' ]
then
wakeonlan $mac
fi

function fail {
echo $1 >&2
exit 1
}

function streamit {
local n=1
local max=45
local delay=2
while true; do
nc -v -z -w1 $host $port 2>/dev/null && break || {
if [[ $n -lt $max ]]; then
((n++))
sleep $delay;
elif [[ $n -eq 10 ]]; then
echo "Waited 10 seconds"
elif [[ $n -eq 20 ]]; then
echo "Waited 20 seconds"
elif [[ $n -eq 30 ]]; then
echo "Waited 30 seconds"
elif [[ $n -eq 40 ]]; then
echo "Waited 40 seconds"
elif [[ $n -eq 50 ]]; then
echo "Waited 50 seconds"
else
fail "Failed to stream from GameStream, is your Geforce Experience running?"
fi
}
done
}
echo "GameStream Ready, starting Moonlight"
moonlight stream $host $res $fps $map

#Gamestream start
streamit

Henster

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi,
Does the wireless Xbox one controller adapter dongle work with moonlight for the rpi? https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... Q4JhDRHIUQ Also, does this allow me to play 2 player if I got another controller (Games like gang beasts and niddhog)?

ZaLiTHkA

Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Greetings,

Maybe a bit of a pipedream here, but does anyone know if it's possible to use a Logitech G27 with this setup..?

I'm designing my own sim racing seat and frame (to build in the coming holidays), hoping to use it with something like this to play my Steam games (PC in my room) with my G27 on my lounge TV. But of course, the design will be different if this isn't an option, because it will need to work with the monitors at a different height.

So far this is the only thing I haven't managed to find any information on yet.. Any bright ideas?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:56 am

Has anyone had an issue with an XBox 360 wireless controller being identified by Steam as an XBox One controller through Moonlight?
I just did a clean install of RetroPie and as soon as I connect the controller doesn't work because of this. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard I use for any real typing, and that's how I get out of it.

DefaultName

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I just registered to ask for help and see that 1031982 has a very similar problem to mine. I have Moonlight up and running on a raspi2 (retropie), installed using TechWizTime's script. Streaming works great but I have a problem with my controllers:

I have two wired Xbox 360 controllers. Both are configured in retropie (not sure if this is necessary). When I stream I can only get Steam to recognize one of them and it shows up as an Xbox One controller. This means that right trigger seems to be mapped to start etc.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

Return to “Gaming”