dartanyan

Re: 01/16 UltraSlim = Retro/Gaming/Q3|XBMC 12/13|Desktop + m

Thu May 08, 2014 8:37 am

Same problem here with the sound.

You can disable the noise in System Settings, under "Device time activity" (not know exactly text in english). Set value to "Disabled". But video playback is choppy, so I have returned to version 12.

Regards.

BattleGear

Thu May 08, 2014 11:06 am

updated xbmc too and have the same audio problems^^ + no visual (stays only flat) and no running videos in flv format!

please make a new Ultraslim 1.7 image!!!

greets BattleGear

Kruelle2000

Thu May 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Now i got XBMC Gotham working!

I hope that will work for you as well. I am really a beginner so backup before you try it ...

1. exit the emulationstation via the menu
2. update the raspberry kernel

Code: Select all

sudo rpi-update
4. reboot

sudo reboot
5. download gotham from the first page to your /home directory

cd /home/pi
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uh368dvs3l12xd/xbmc-rbp-14-20140505.tar.gz
6. install gotham

sudo su
updatexbmc

sudo apt-get install libxslt1.1
8. reboot again and enjoy Gotham

Kruelle2000

Thu May 08, 2014 8:47 pm

dartanyan wrote:Perfect.

Thank you! ;)

could you check if you can play mp3 files, using upnp and airplay?

To fix that i just tried a lot and make it work :!: :?: :
sudo apt-get install xbmc
and for airplay i had a look at this topic (http://www.welzels.de/blog/projekte/ras ... ay-client/):
sudo apt-get update
and
sudo apt-get install git libao-dev libssl-dev libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl libio-socket-inet6-perl libwww-perl avahi-utils

Mactep

Thu May 08, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi '

can you release an New Image :

-updated Kernel for Quake 3 :

http://www.raspberrypi.org/quake-iii-bo ... -a-winner/

-Final XBMC 13.0 Gotham

Thank you for your awesome Work!!

Stay Tuned!

BattleGear

Fri May 09, 2014 4:13 am

after the sudo rpi-update the new update from xbmc is running.

but plays no sd youtube videos! only hd videos :roll: have somebody a solution?

dartanyan

Fri May 09, 2014 7:22 am

I have a message on boot that says that root filesystem cant be checked because is not readonly but the system boots normaly.

I have managed to check /root editing cmdline.txt and booting with option "ro". Reboot and check is performed without errors during boot. Edited again cmdline.txt and deleted "ro" option. But after next boot the first message appears again, why?

I have edited /etc/rcS.d and write "no" in the option that forces the check every boot (ultraslim has this option in "yes" by default), but the messages continues appearing.

So no luck :cry:

Regards.

Rionoskae

Fri May 09, 2014 1:13 pm

I've tried the suggestions above regarding AirPlay in the new Gotham... Still no dice.

Has anyone been able to get AirPlay video playback working on IOS 7? ( music & pictures work fine... )

~Cheers

dartanyan

Fri May 09, 2014 1:37 pm

I have not tested yet.

Gotham seems a little unstable. With overclock sometimes hangs and need to kill the process to return to Emulation Station. With version 12 never happens. :shock:

I am thinking to return to version 12.

Regards.

dartanyan

Fri May 16, 2014 5:41 am

To update EmulationStation I need to run retro pie?

Regards?

Peteyjay

Sun May 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Hey guys. Had a bit of a time out from working on my pi-powered cabinet due to becoming an expectant father. But I'm back in business now!

Just wanted to pick your brains regarding a few issues I'm having.

1- My Pi is connecting to my network no problem and can be connected to from my laptop via SSH on it's static IP. However, it has recently stopped allowing me to view the file structure through Windows Explorer via the Samba share. Any reaosn why this has stopped working? And any known resolutions?

2- I have my Pi boot in to 1080p via HDMI and upon entering a game it will use the runcommand to enter into 720p mode. Is it possible to recreated the runcommand within the es_systems.cfg to boot at 1080p but then enter a much lower resolution such as 480p? Even 640p would suffice. To run stutter free I have had to stick my Pi into Turbo mode and it has began crashing sporadically. I'd really like to avoid that..

3- I have began designing a new set of themes for ES and am getting pretty excited about the results. I have a web design / coding background so won't have too many troubles coding the xml files necessary, but wondered if there were any tutorials or guides out there to lend me a hand in the process if advice is needed?

4- Lastly, transitions. Is it possible to remove the sliding page transitions present when moving between emulator systems? If I could remove these it would make my theme a lot more seamless and would prevent lag and delay whilst selecting consoles.

I VERY much appreciate all the great work and help people put into this and very much look forward to your replies.

Thanks guys in advance!!

Pete

dartanyan

Mon May 19, 2014 9:01 am

I am interested in solutions for your points 2 and 4, too. :roll:

Regards.

kenlui817

Mon May 26, 2014 8:20 am

Hi All

I'm using ultraslim for playing mame rom which part of it is workable while part of it doesn't work. When I run specific game which eventually not workable there is a "flashed" screen which show the logging of why is not playable, may I know where I can found the details logging..? Many thanks!

Aldevill

Tue May 27, 2014 2:17 am

I'm new to this whole raspberry pi thing and was curious how I can edit the intro video played when this image boots. Also I was wondering how I can change the theme of EmulationStation any help is appreciated.

chitodecai

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Hi all!

I try to update from frodo to gothan but It's impossible for me because when I use updatexbmc I get a "Command not found" message

Any one can help me?

Thanks a lot!

chitodecai

Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:42 pm

I everybody!

I am trying to update from frodo to gothan and it is impossible for me.
When I use updatexbmc, terminal show me << command not found>>

Anybody can help me?

Thanks a lot!

beegoodrize

Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Bonjour,

Quand je fais #emulationstation je reviens au menu général (Applications) Je n'arrive pas à lancer un émulateur.

When i run #emulationstation it back on startup menu (Applications) I can't run an emulator.

KurtBliss

Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:06 pm

Rionoskae wrote:
KurtBliss wrote:I tried adding my Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 rom and the PlayStation roms section is not showing up in EmulationStation.

I have a my rom files in "\Home\Roms\psx\Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (USA)"
and 2 files 1 called "data.bin.ecm" and the other is "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (USA).cue"

Any ideas?
psx files should be in the following format... img .IMG .pbp .PBP .bin .BIN

perhaps remove the .ecm extension and reloading emulation station? Better yet try another rom that is formatted correctly from the start. Should just work.

You should know however before you begin that the psx and n64 emulators aren't really optimized yet. Some games may work if the requirements are not demanding ( harvest moon for example seems to work ).
Oh, ecm is just a compressed file. Thanks for helping me out there.

Aldevill wrote:I'm new to this whole raspberry pi thing and was curious how I can edit the intro video played when this image boots. Also I was wondering how I can change the theme of EmulationStation any help is appreciated.
If your UltraSlim is hooked up to your network, open windows explorer then paste this into your address bar \\ULTRASLIM\Home\media

Then you can see the intro video, then you can add videos there, and if you want to change the intro video you can take the orginal out or rename it then add one in. If you want a different name I think you have to open up the xml file in notepad and you will see <path>/home/pi/media/intro.mp4</path> somewhere then you just change the intro.mp4 to the video you want as the intro

If your using windows it may be hiding the known extension. If you don't see the .mp4 for the default into video you have to find out how to show extensions in windows. If your trying to change the intro videos with a different name or extension.

chitodecai wrote:I everybody!

I am trying to update from frodo to gothan and it is impossible for me.
When I use updatexbmc, terminal show me << command not found>>

Anybody can help me?

Thanks a lot!
You might of missed some steps. Like downloading the update and being in the right directory.
I found this in the The Complete Guide To The UltraSlim Raspberry Pi Image, it puts you in the right directory, downloads the update then runs the command.

cd /home/pi
sudo wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uh368dvs3l12xd/xbmc-rbp-14-20140505.tar.gz

sudo su
updatexbmc

Note I'm a noob, I hope I didn't miss any steps when trying to help :P.

Calvin Cycle

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:34 pm

I am not too good with Linux. I have Gotham running on my Windows machine and Helix alpha on my android device. How can I update to Gotham on Ultra Slim? Frodo is fine and I use it daily. I don't want to mess it up as the kids use it for watching films all the time on the TV but if it's quicker I wouldn't mind updating.

I'm no luddite but not super techie either.

CC

KurtBliss

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Calvin Cycle wrote:I am not too good with Linux. I have Gotham running on my Windows machine and Helix alpha on my android device. How can I update to Gotham on Ultra Slim? Frodo is fine and I use it daily. I don't want to mess it up as the kids use it for watching films all the time on the TV but if it's quicker I wouldn't mind updating.

I'm no luddite but not super techie either.

CC
Well first if your afraid of messing it up, You can back it up with "win32 disk imager". Just pick the name and device you want to back up then click read.

After that here's the update just run these commands. Assuming you know how if not just go into the LXDE (desktop), then open the LX Terminal.

cd /home/pi

sudo su
updatexbmc

Calvin Cycle

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:59 pm

KurtBliss wrote:
Well first if your afraid of messing it up, You can back it up with "win32 disk imager". Just pick the name and device you want to back up then click read.

After that here's the update just run these commands. Assuming you know how if not just go into the LXDE (desktop), then open the LX Terminal.

cd /home/pi

sudo su
updatexbmc

That's great. I'll have a little play later. Cheers.

CC

ITGuyLevi

Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:29 am

I need help.

First let me say that I love the concept of this distro, and it seems to have be an extremely easy setup... that said...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, everything seems to be working correctly except I don't see any of the emulators. I've added roms to ~\roms\snes\ and ~\roms\mame\ but I'm having no luck getting it to work (aside from xbmc, Openbox, and LXDE).

Any assistance anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Calvin Cycle

Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:59 am

ITGuyLevi wrote:I need help.

First let me say that I love the concept of this distro, and it seems to have be an extremely easy setup... that said...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, everything seems to be working correctly except I don't see any of the emulators. I've added roms to ~\roms\snes\ and ~\roms\mame\ but I'm having no luck getting it to work (aside from xbmc, Openbox, and LXDE).

Any assistance anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!
Press "left" or "right cursor keys from menu screen ;) I had a similar experience.

CC

Return to “Gaming”