Staga

Re: 01/16 UltraSlim = Retro/Gaming/Q3|XBMC 12/13|Desktop + m

Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:14 am

hen there,
maybe somebody can help me with this one... i try to add my p1.cfg file to retroarch.cfg while configurating my wired xbox controller but its says that there is no such file or directory. when i go straight to the "sudo nano /home/emulators/retroarch/p1.cfg" i can edit it but when i try to save it it says that this file or directory not exist. same withe tetrarch.cfg.

[ Error writing /home/Emulators/Retroarch/p1.cfg: No such file or directory ]

any suggestions? i can see the file in my home directory...

Calvin Cycle

Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Staga wrote:hen there,
maybe somebody can help me with this one... i try to add my p1.cfg file to retroarch.cfg while configurating my wired xbox controller but its says that there is no such file or directory. when i go straight to the "sudo nano /home/emulators/retroarch/p1.cfg" i can edit it but when i try to save it it says that this file or directory not exist. same withe tetrarch.cfg.

[ Error writing /home/Emulators/Retroarch/p1.cfg: No such file or directory ]

any suggestions? i can see the file in my home directory...
I had exactly the same issue. Being a Linux noob I wasn't sure if I was doing it in the right directory or not. It wouldn't let me in either. The controller worked fine afterwards though I haven't tried it since so I don't know if the mapping is lost when I switch off. I would also appreciate any ideas on why this is happening.

CC

Staga

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:07 pm

can't find anything :?:

Aloshi

Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Are you getting the capitalization in the path correct? "Retroarch" and "RetroArch" are not the same folder on Linux.

Staga

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:10 am

yes i already tried this. in fact, my xbox wired controller is set up to control games but not able to leave back to emulation so i have to reboot every single time i wanna play another game :/ when i open the p1.cfg file it is empty and when i try to add commands and try to save it always say´s: [ Error writing /Home/Emulators/Retroarch/p1.cfg: No such file or directory ]. my path is "sudo nano /Home/Emulators/Retroarch/p1.cfg"

there must be some place where my key set is located because its working inside the games... hm. getting tired...

any other idea?

edit: the gamepad and the home button is working in emulation station but nogt in the game.

Calvin Cycle

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:40 am

I had everything working fine. Sound was working on all emulators. I went away for a few days and when I got home it wasn't working again! I don't know.

Also I recently installed Yatse on my android device to try and get a slightly better remote experience. I set it up fine but the moment I try to tell it to start streaming anything from add-ons; XBMC crashes. This is a shame as the remote looks great and is much more versatile than the standard remote. Any ideas?

CC

Rionoskae

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:43 pm

Calvin Cycle wrote:I had everything working fine. Sound was working on all emulators. I went away for a few days and when I got home it wasn't working again! I don't know.

Also I recently installed Yatse on my android device to try and get a slightly better remote experience. I set it up fine but the moment I try to tell it to start streaming anything from add-ons; XBMC crashes. This is a shame as the remote looks great and is much more versatile than the standard remote. Any ideas?

CC
Yatse is great :) I personally haven't had any issues with XBMC crashing while using it though... In fact when I first set it up me and the "future wife" ( we're engaged...haha ) each had an XBMC remote installed on each of our phones and were battling each other to control XBMC.

In any case, I'm certian it works on a fresh image - so the question is what have you all changed? Updated to Gotham, or XBMC nightlys? Perhaps changed the boot order, updates, etc.. Could be a number of different things causing XBMC to crash.... barring testing this on a brand new image - I would try a different XBMC remote and see if you still get the same issue.

As far as the sound goes... well that is odd to say the least. Are you sure nothing changed since you last used it? Is it only sound in the Emulators that isn't working? Is it possible that one of your kids ran the update emulators script from the home page?

Calvin Cycle

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:21 am

Rionoskae wrote:
Yatse is great :) I personally haven't had any issues with XBMC crashing while using it though... In fact when I first set it up me and the "future wife" ( we're engaged...haha ) each had an XBMC remote installed on each of our phones and were battling each other to control XBMC.

In any case, I'm certian it works on a fresh image - so the question is what have you all changed? Updated to Gotham, or XBMC nightlys? Perhaps changed the boot order, updates, etc.. Could be a number of different things causing XBMC to crash.... barring testing this on a brand new image - I would try a different XBMC remote and see if you still get the same issue.

As far as the sound goes... well that is odd to say the least. Are you sure nothing changed since you last used it? Is it only sound in the Emulators that isn't working? Is it possible that one of your kids ran the update emulators script from the home page?
I have worked out the sound issue! All sound works perfectly as long as I open XBMC first then exit out to emulators.

Embries

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:04 pm

TakenOver, I love this, something I would have done myself if I had the time.
Last time I played with Linux it was in the 90's and the Pi has been like coming home.

I want to enable tight VNC server at startup but when I try simply making a file in /etc/init.d it seems to break the startup system you have going on here.

Any ideas how to make this work? Code I am using is below:

Code: Select all

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: vncboot
# Required-Start: $remote_fs $syslog
# Required-Stop: $remote_fs $syslog
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6
# Short-Description: Start VNC Server at boot time
# Description: Start VNC Server at boot time.
### END INIT INFO

#! /bin/sh
# /etc/init.d/vncboot

USER=root
HOME=/root

export USER HOME

case "$1" in
 start)
   echo "Starting VNC Server"
   #Insert your favoured settings for a VNC session
   /usr/bin/vncserver :0 -geometry 1280x800 -depth 16 -pixelformat rgb565
   ;;

stop)
   echo "Stopping VNC Server"
   /usr/bin/vncserver -kill :0
   ;;

*)
   echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/vncboot {start|stop}"
   exit 1
   ;;
esac

exit 0

Takenover83

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Maybe add it to the existing startup script in home?

kenlui817

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:59 am

Hi All

I had a question on using ultraSlim that is related to emulator. I do using emulator MameUI32_0.146 to play with "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs" and I'm using romcenter to check the rom there is no missing file with all CRC ok.

The case is I can play this rom in windows MameUI32_0.146 while I can't load this game in UltraSlim which error attached. Please give me a hand pls...
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (47.79 KiB) Viewed 5262 times

welshy

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:29 am

kenlui817
Looks like you have an incorrect ROM Set, these are dependant on the fork of MAME being run (MAME4ALL, MAME, MAMEUI etc.) or even the revision MAME (MAME 0.152, 0.132 etc.). Therefore if you are checking the ROM against MAMEUI32 0.146 it doesn't necessarily mean it will work in PiMAME4ALL or even an older/newer version of MAMEUI32! As a Capcom CPS Q Sound Board I can conform C&D works fine in PiMAME4ALL and PiFBA, the ROM you require is C&D (World) which is approximately a 4MEG file. Depending on the Download site often two files are required for instance the C&D (World) is the full set and C&D (US) is just the additional ROMS (be it slight alterations to the game and/or typesets/language fonts) so is only 500K. If you wish to play the US Board raher than the World Board combine them into one Zip file so you have all the requisite ROMs.
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

Nitrogen_Widget

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:47 pm

Not sure what i'm doing wrong.
I'm using mame4all_pi & Emulation station finds my roms & snapshots but when I go to launch it briefly flashes multiple times that it can't find the file then brings me back to my rom list.

Here is my config:
DESCNAME=MAME
NAME=mame
PATH=/home/pi/emulators/mame4all_pi/roms
EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP
COMMAND=/home/pi/emulators/mame4all_pi/mame %BASENAME%
PLATFORMID=23

If I go to the mame4all_pi directory & launch mame it brings up my list of roms & launches them fine.
What am I missing?

Thanks.

BattleGear

Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:42 am

hello ultraslim freaks

have some trouble with ultraslim and xbmc! some youtube videos have only sound and have no video only the visual... on the "dokumonster" addon (a german ducumantary page(using youtube as base)) the same. i can cry!
only videos on mp4 codec runing.
reinstalled ultraslim now 2 times

i updated xbmc to gotham beta 4 and it still dont work.

can somebody help me please!

daulphin

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:06 am

Anyone have any idea why i cant get two controllers to work under any game emulators? I have them hanging of a usb hub. THey all work fine during the menu system, i can move back and forth and select with both controllers. They're generic usb wired controllers.

Thanks.

daulphin

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:44 am

Hi all, i've been messing around with this and got most of it working. I'm having two problems and was wondering if anyone might be able to offer a solution.
1. During the boot menu, my joysticks work moving between menu's, but my keyboard is uesless. When i'm in xbmc, my keyboard works, but my joysticks are uselsess.
2. When in game emulations, only one controller works. I can't play two players at the same time.

Thanks. Keep up the good work.

BattleGear

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:06 pm

a joypad @ xbmc are works with a addon but i dont know how. im using a ps3 wireless keyboard with dragball named Hama uzzano^^ ist really nice to use and is a nice small layout to work with xbmc to search something.

here a little pic of it
30 euro are not cheap but its the best board ive seen for a htpc.

to make your keyboard work in emulationstation you must delete the es_input.cfg (must be in home-emulators-retroarch folder) but im not shure, reboot and set in the startup config menu 2 or 3 controllers!! first use your keyboard and the second and third your gampad nr1 and nr2.

two controller to play are not the problem when the first pad works fine!

you must edit the retroarch.cfg in the home - emulator- retroarch folder.
edit it with wordpad or notepad c++

copy and past your working layout of the player 1 controller below.

for example

input_player1_joypad_index = "0"
input_player1_b_btn = "1"
input_player1_y_btn = "0"
input_player1_select_btn = "6"
input_player1_start_btn = "8"
input_player1_up_axis = "-1"
input_player1_down_axis = "+1"
input_player1_left_axis = "-1"
input_player1_right_axis = "+1"
input_player1_a_btn = "2"
input_player1_x_btn = "3"
input_player1_l_btn = "4"
input_player1_r_btn = "5"

now you change all the player1 comands to player2 and the input_player1_joypad_index = "0" to input_player2_joypad_index = "1" for a second pad!

for example

input_player2_joypad_index = "1"
input_player2_b_btn = "1"
input_player2_y_btn = "0"
input_player2_select_btn = "6"
input_player2_start_btn = "8"
input_player2_up_axis = "-1"
input_player2_down_axis = "+1"
input_player2_left_axis = "-0"
input_player2_right_axis = "+0"
input_player2_a_btn = "2"
input_player2_x_btn = "3"
input_player2_l_btn = "4"
input_player2_r_btn = "5"

now save the file. reboot and have fun!!

Gerhardk

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:07 pm

i try to add a emulator for c64 (vice 2.3)
is there a guide what i have to do for this task.
thanks in advance
gk

kenlui817

Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:41 am

Hi welshy, thanks for your information. But I try to double check that my rom version should be already Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (World 930201) with approximately 4mb aldy. But don't know why it doesn't work at all. So make it simple, any ways i can check in PC mame emulator or rom CRC checking tools to verify if the ROM is workable at raspberry UltraSlim.? Thanks again!

welshy wrote:kenlui817
Looks like you have an incorrect ROM Set, these are dependant on the fork of MAME being run (MAME4ALL, MAME, MAMEUI etc.) or even the revision MAME (MAME 0.152, 0.132 etc.). Therefore if you are checking the ROM against MAMEUI32 0.146 it doesn't necessarily mean it will work in PiMAME4ALL or even an older/newer version of MAMEUI32! As a Capcom CPS Q Sound Board I can conform C&D works fine in PiMAME4ALL and PiFBA, the ROM you require is C&D (World) which is approximately a 4MEG file. Depending on the Download site often two files are required for instance the C&D (World) is the full set and C&D (US) is just the additional ROMS (be it slight alterations to the game and/or typesets/language fonts) so is only 500K. If you wish to play the US Board raher than the World Board combine them into one Zip file so you have all the requisite ROMs.

phear

Sun May 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi,

Having a slight issue.
When launching anything from the applications menu (xbmc,lxde, etc.) it wont recognize the keyboard input.
So xbmc just sits there. I have tried closing down emulation station and loading up xbmc by itself but I am still having the same issue.

Any ideas?

Kruelle2000

Sun May 04, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi,

is there a chance to replace the XBMC Build from UltraSlim with an OpenElec or RaspBMC distribution? I`m quite often missing some of the functions.

Thanks,

contra

Mon May 05, 2014 5:34 am

Now that XBMC 13 Gotham is final, would you please update the...update (the Gotham build on your dropbox)? :)
Thank you

Takenover83

Mon May 05, 2014 8:47 pm

New XBMC Gotham (13) stable build link is now in post #1. Enjoy.
Note, I have not tested it. I only built it. But I am assumping all is well. Let me know if it doesn't boot or something. That's what backups are for.

contra

Tue May 06, 2014 3:51 am

Great!
It didnt boot at first, you will need libxslt for Gotham.
Etheric wrote:XBMC 13 Gotham recently started requiring the libxslt package to run. If you don't already have it installed, here is how to do it:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libxslt1.1

Kruelle2000

Tue May 06, 2014 8:32 pm

I got xbmc - gotham running but instantly had problems with the sound/audio. There is a constant noise and heavy cpu usage . I tried changing all the sound settings but found no solution.

Even updating xbmc in a untouched Ultraslim Image didn`t make a difference. A single Xbmc OpenElec Image is working fine.

Anyone else having these problems with the sound in Gotham?

Return to “Gaming”