ric_rpi

Re: WIP: Playable Nintendo 64 Emulator Available

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:12 pm

If you want to run full screen then you need '--disable-video-x11' in $SDL_CFG, however you can't run in an X11 window if you use that flag. To set run the following:

Code: Select all

$> X11=0 ./build.sh

Chips

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:55 am

I'm already with X11=0.
Indeed it was a problem with the default video plugin: rice give me only a small display on bottom left despite gles2-n64 give me fullscreen.

Do you have any reason to not take SDL2 compile option as of SDL2 documentation indicate for Rpi ?

So it is better using following command which select gles2n64 as gfx plugin:
  • mupen64plus --gfx mupen64plus-video-n64.so game.n64
I feel like there is another issue on Jessie Raspbian, gles2n64 seems compiled without NEON activated.
In _obj there is no gSPNeon.o nor 3DMathNeon.o generated.

When doing build.sh I have the following error:

************************************ Building video-gles2n64 plugin
make: Entering directory '/home/pi/mupen64plus/ricrpi/mupen64plus-video-gles2n64/projects/unix'
Makefile:126: Architecture "armv7l" not officially supported.'
rm -f -r _obj mupen64plus-video-n64.so
make: Leaving directory '/home/pi/mupen64plus/ricrpi/mupen64plus-video-gles2n64/projects/unix'
make: Entering directory '/home/pi/mupen64plus/ricrpi/mupen64plus-video-gles2n64/projects/unix'
make: pu=neon: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target 'pu=neon'.  Stop.
make: Leaving directory '/home/pi/mupen64plus/ricrpi/mupen64plus-video-gles2n64/projects/unix'
But install.sh tends to finally compile it but with default option (so no NEON)

I was trying to find where this 'pu-neon' was coming from and it was coming from RaspbianList_Pi2

So i simply remove it in line gles2n64 in RaspbianList_Pi2 since it will be automatically added byMakefile of this plugin.:
  • video-gles2n64 ricrpi master , NEON=1 VC=1 OPTFLAGS=-flto
Now NEON seems compiled... I didn't see so much difference though...

EDIT: ktb find the same pb... see previous page... so I'm not the only one...
tachiweasel wrote:OK, I polished up the plugin a bit and posted it to GitHub:

https://github.com/tachiweasel/mupen64p ... -videocore

See the README file for instructions. Please feel free to contribute!
I wanted to try your plugin... first i needed to add directory for gles include, then fails at VCConfig.cpp:

VCConfig.cpp:67:33: error: \u2018PATH_MAX\u2019 was not declared in this scope
     char *path = (char *)malloc(PATH_MAX + 1);
                                 ^
VCConfig.cpp:77:15: error: use of deleted function \u2018std::basic_ifstream<char>& std::basic_ifstream<char>::operator=(const std::basic_ifstream<char>&)\u2019
         input = std::ifstream(path);
and more after...

NF3RN0

Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:10 am

@Chips

Ok so it looks like there a missunderstanding on the github and the NEON flag are already set by default from the build script if you run it on a RPI 2 or 3.

No need to use NEON=1 as the script does this automatically.

Eliot_Chignell

Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:44 am

pi@raspberrypi:~/mupen64plus $ sudo ./install.sh
************************************ Installing core library
make: Entering directory '/home/pi/mupen64plus/ricrpi/mupen64plus-core/projects/unix'
Makefile:107: Architecture "armv7l" not officially supported.'
    CC  _obj/api/vidext.o
In file included from ../../src/api/vidext.c:38:0:
../../src/api/vidext_sdl2_compat.h:34:2: error: #error SDL is not build with OpenGL ES2 support. Try USE_GLES=0
Makefile:630: recipe for target '_obj/api/vidext.o' failed
make: *** [_obj/api/vidext.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/home/pi/mupen64plus/ricrpi/mupen64plus-core/projects/unix'
Plz help

Austysauce

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:56 am

Hey Welshy,

I just jumped into the whole Raspberry Pi/ Emulation a little late in the game haha. I have been trying to run Zelda OOT and Majora's Mask. They both run beautifully (I am overclocked at 500 with my Pi3). But I have been having the issue of the game glitching at the pause screen. I have searched all over the internet to find a forum where someone might be able to help. Are you aware of this issue/ have any fixes you might share with me?

Thanks!

welshy

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:17 am

Austysauce wrote:Hey Welshy,

I just jumped into the whole Raspberry Pi/ Emulation a little late in the game haha. I have been trying to run Zelda OOT and Majora's Mask. They both run beautifully (I am overclocked at 500 with my Pi3). But I have been having the issue of the game glitching at the pause screen. I have searched all over the internet to find a forum where someone might be able to help. Are you aware of this issue/ have any fixes you might share with me?

Thanks!
If you read the Original Post I did explain 'Cut Scenes' Push the N64/Emulation to the MAX as usually all Graphics Effects/Filters are applied. I'm not aware of any issues with the Pause Screen. As this is a 'Fork' did you check the Mupen64Plus Forum? (there should be a Link on the Original Post).
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

ric_rpi

Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:59 am

Been a while since I last provided an update however I have a question for the community.

The fork for the core was taken over 2 years ago and there have been a lot of changes since. I have re-ported the official core and carried out minimal changes to make it compatible again but the performance is not quite so good:

ricrpi/master (baseline/patched)
Core: Speed test Mario 64 59.3%
Core: Speed test Zelda 64 53.9%

ricrpi/master (sudo)
Core: Speed test Mario 64 60.8%
Core: Speed test Zelda 64 55.2%

ricrpi/master (with memcpy for dma)(sudo)
Core: Speed test Mario 64 61.4%
Core: Speed test Zelda 64 55.8%

ricrpi/master (dma)(sudo)(--nospeedlimit)
Core: Speed test Mario 64 69.2%
Core: Speed test Zelda 64 62.8%

ricrpi/ric_dev
Core: Speed test Mario 64 70.2%
Core: Speed test Zelda 64 63.8%

ricrpi/ric_dev (sudo)
Core: Speed test Mario 64 70.4%
Core: Speed test Zelda 64 64.0%

It would be interesting to know if a PI3 can run the official core, if so the build scripts should probably be updated.

I can provide a new branch so that people can run the official core (with minimal patches) on Pi A/B to test compatibility issues if people are interested.

For Pi A and B my view is speed is more important so I am inclined to say we should stick with the old fork. What do others think?

mashpotato2007

Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:11 pm

is the n64roms folder inside the mupen64plus-rpi-master/test foler or is it somewhere in .eg. home?

Return to “Gaming”