LucidEye

Where do I put CPS2 roms in RetroPie?

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:40 am

I'm trying to setup this RetroPie thing and play a few games, but the instructions I've found so far for setting this all up are a bit lacking.

I've already got the RetroPie image installed and running on an SD card.

In general, where/how do you "install" roms? I know they go into their respective game console directory, but do you put each game rom in it's own sub directory under the game console directory? And does it matter what the game rom's directory name is?
How do I run CPS2 roms? What directory do I install those in?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

welshy

Re: Where do I put CPS2 roms in RetroPie?

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:17 pm

LucidEye
The only emulator on the RPi (other than AdvanceMAME which isn't fast enough to run them correctly) that will run Capcom's CPS2 boards is FBA (Final Burn Alpha) but I'm not sure Retro Pie has a 'core' for that emulator. Have you tried the Homepage/Forum for help With Retro Pie?

Homepage Link - http://blog.petrockblock.com/retropie/
Forum Link - http://blog.petrockblock.com/forums/for ... emulators/
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

LucidEye

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks, I am familiar with the blog site, and like I said... their instructions and their forum are very lacking. So lacking that even trying a simple search of "CPS2" returns a "nothing found" and trying other searches of my specific problems turns up completely irrelevant posts.... it's pretty much useless as a support site unless someone has the time to read through every single post and reply and blindly stumbles on what they are looking for.

pie guy

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:44 am

can anyone help me I'm new at this stuff
i like the capcom games i don't no where to put the roms

Return to “Gaming”