methuper

Saving on RetroPie psx

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:00 pm

I am playing through The legend of Dragoon on the psx emulator and although i can use save state and load state, I would also like to be able to use the in game save points. Everytime i do, it says save successful but if i try to load, there are no saves. Is there any way to make the in game saves work?

welshy

Re: Saving on RetroPie psx

Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:44 pm

methuper
Looks like than was answered in the Retro Pie Forum by jplaj Here - http://blog.petrockblock.com/forums/top ... ot-saving/
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

methuper

Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:02 pm

welshy wrote:methuper
Looks like than was answered in the Retro Pie Forum by jplaj Here - http://blog.petrockblock.com/forums/top ... ot-saving/
this post answers for saving on snes games with save states. I am trying to use the in game save points. I can load the desktop and see that it did in fact make a save file when I save in game (gamename.smr), but the psx emulator doesn't recognize that save.

Mr_McGill
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator

Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:18 pm

Would love an answer to this question. To add to the authentic gaming experience I too would like to be able to use In game save points. (Nothing like running around searching desperately for a typewriter in Resident Evil).

Its almost like we need to trick the pie into believeing there is an old fashioned memory card in the psx. Thats way beyond my capability sadly.

dankcushions

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:56 pm

saving works fine. lr-pcsx_rearmed is configured so it always assumes there is a memory card in slot 1. there must be something weird with your setup. do you have write-permssions in the ../roms/psx/ directory?

Return to “Gaming”