nexusrex

Re: which is better

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:54 pm

and i think ps vita style will be good :)

noob

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install joystick 
but the gamepads are 2pads on 1plug

nexusrex

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:57 pm

now i have 2 problems
if i use psp or vita style
how to make a reset button
and
ben heck open the gamepad to use some buttons like
analog stick
start select
and another buttons
and he hook the buttons to the teensy
because he can't add the screen to the middle
i can't add the screen to the middle if i use the gamepad normaly
i mean with the usb
so i think i will need a teensy
is there any game like megaman star force 3 black ace or red joker
i have an emulator on pc named DeSmuME 0.9.9
and when i open it it's named DeSmuME 0.9.9 x86
and is there any ds emulator or a game like megaman star force 3 black ace or red joker please tell me

noob

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:59 pm

Just open it up, if it contains 1 PCB you are going to have to use the teensy, else you can take the 2 PCBs and put them in the case wherever you want. What do you meen with reset button?
There is no ds EMU Same reason there is no psp EMU, CPU is not strong enough, Maybe you can look up qemu arm image for ds/psp, since qemu can make use of your CPU, try isohunt.com

nexusrex

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:22 pm

what is PCB
i mean in reset button
a button reset to emulation station
or exit emulation
like the one on the ps vita
the button with ps logo
i will add a pi camera is this good ?
or no

noob

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:48 pm

PCB is a printend circuit board, if you open Any modern piece of tech it will contain PCBs, it are those green or Brown, sometimes blue plates with transistors and other stuff on it.
I don't know about reset buttons, you might have to write a bash script for that, i don't use retropie a lot. You can add a camera if you want, just remember that, for a gui, you Will need to write a python/bash script, since a command line won't be very usable on a console with only 8 buttons. :lol:

nexusrex

Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:30 pm

noob wrote:PCB is a printend circuit board, if you open Any modern piece of tech it will contain PCBs, it are those green or Brown, sometimes blue plates with transistors and other stuff on it.
I don't know about reset buttons, you might have to write a bash script for that, i don't use retropie a lot. You can add a camera if you want, just remember that, for a gui, you Will need to write a python/bash script, since a command line won't be very usable on a console with only 8 buttons. :lol:
thanks if i will use teensy will be easy because i will make a button on the tennsy and program it on the teensy or i will make start + select to exit emulation
my gui is emulationstation on raspbian on the start i will make some systems like apps
and if i can i will make pifba system or MEDNAFEN
and if anyone can help me will be good ;)
i will add a mini wireless keyboard and a wi-fi dongle
i don't know bluetooth will be good or no
can i make something makes the wi-fi dongle is off or on i mean a switch
or a switch program :D
my buttons is the arrows 8 gaming buttons 1234 or xyab - l1 l2 r1 r2 start select
i think no reset button because i will make start + select = exit emulator
i will add a pi cam
and i will post the specs of the console
thanks again

nexusrex

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:40 am

i will cut the chip of the controller like ben heck because if i don't cut the controller how to add the screen
i want to make a cart or chip system to add a cart or a chip contains some programs or some games or roms
and i if can i make a chip or a cart please tell me

noob

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:54 am

Might be very hard making a chip system, would'nt it be a better idea just to use USB drives or sd's?

nexusrex

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:13 am

noob wrote:Might be very hard making a chip system, would'nt it be a better idea just to use USB drives or sd's?
i mean in chip system is usb drives or sd's
i thinks usb drives will be connected by usb hub because i will use a usb hub from adafruit
but how to connect sd's
and about the controller
do you forget it's 2 gamepads on 1 usb
so i think i will need teensy
and what about the wi-fi dongle switch

noob

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Cut the controller you want to use off, and use the teensy with that 1, the other one Will still be usable.
What do you mean with Dongel switch?

nexusrex

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:32 pm

i mean in wi-fi dongle switch
wi-fi can eat the battery so i need switch to turn off the wi-fi
what about connecting sd's
and how to open a game or a rom or a program on it

noob

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Opening ROMs or programs cant be hard. What do ya mean?
For the switch you just take a USB cable, split it, and put a switch in the red cable. A USB sd reader is cheap, and works out of the box.

nexusrex

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:27 pm

noob wrote:Opening ROMs or programs cant be hard. What do ya mean?
For the switch you just take a USB cable, split it, and put a switch in the red cable. A USB sd reader is cheap, and works out of the box.
thanks
i will try to make a app on python for chating
can i change the location on the emulator to found the usb drive or the sd
but for the switch i need a switch program not a real switch
thanks again :)

noob

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:50 pm

For the switch, in that case, you've got to write a bash script. Yes, you can change the location.

nexusrex

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:56 pm

noob wrote:For the switch, in that case, you've got to write a bash script. Yes, you can change the location.
i will search for the script if you found any script will be good
do you know how to make a chat app in python or some sites or what i will google
thanks for help

emptybee

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Noob you deserve a medal for your patience! I got frustrated just reading this thread... Nexusrex buy the raspberry pi and start tinkering and then ask questions when you get stuck. There is very little you can do to break it and almost everything you ask is searchable via google. If you had the raspberry pi you could plug the controllers in and see if they work rather than trying to second guess everything. It's good to have a plan and rough idea of what you are trying to achieve but give it a go and see where you get too.

It seems as if you want Noob to talk you through the entire process in which case you will learn very little and may as well just go out and buy a handheld computer system!

Despite the above I wish you all the best with this project, it is certainly not a simple undertaking and your ambition is laudable.

empty

p.s. Obviously don't be afraid to ask questions but at the same time don't be afraid to do things by trial and error. You'll have a lot more pride in your work at the end if you've had to work things out yourself.

nexusrex

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:34 pm

emptybee wrote:Noob you deserve a medal for your patience! I got frustrated just reading this thread... Nexusrex buy the raspberry pi and start tinkering and then ask questions when you get stuck. There is very little you can do to break it and almost everything you ask is searchable via google. If you had the raspberry pi you could plug the controllers in and see if they work rather than trying to second guess everything. It's good to have a plan and rough idea of what you are trying to achieve but give it a go and see where you get too.

It seems as if you want Noob to talk you through the entire process in which case you will learn very little and may as well just go out and buy a handheld computer system!

Despite the above I wish you all the best with this project, it is certainly not a simple undertaking and your ambition is laudable.

empty

p.s. Obviously don't be afraid to ask questions but at the same time don't be afraid to do things by trial and error. You'll have a lot more pride in your work at the end if you've had to work things out yourself.
Thanks
i don't buy the pi because the electronic shop is closed and the situation in egypt
i don't know what will be my power source
and thanks to noob because he tell me what i will need on my project and he tell me what can i use like the cart
a sd card or a flash drive
now i will search for making a chat app in python
for my Portable Gaming Computer
DGP

noob

Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Why don't you order your pi? Or has UPS stopped shipping to egypt? Are you sure radioshack has the pi? I recently looked it up and i didnt see pis on their site.

nexusrex

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 am

Hi noob
i wasn't in home
i will buy the pi from ram-e-shop.com
but not now because the situations in egypt
i will try to make the buttons like this
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 78&t=51579
because the buttons is cheap
my power source is 4 rechargble AA batteries
i want to make a chatting program
which is better
python
or
java
i will learn coding on codecademy

noob

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:29 pm

I think Java would be better, but you'll need a server on which the chatroom would run, Maybe you can download minecraft server jar and see if you can use the .class files which run the chat

nexusrex

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:31 pm

is ben heck mod his screen or no and why i will need to mod it

noob

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:32 pm

If you use 4 aas you need a converter, with 3 you don't. You need to mod the screen, els you'd either need a converter from 5 to 12v
Last edited by noob on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nexusrex

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:33 pm

see that
http://ram-e-shop.com/oscmax/catalog/pr ... cts_id=614
what about of moding the screen
Last edited by nexusrex on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noob

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:39 pm

If you want to mod that, you Will need a conversion ic, and thats just what i meant, or you can just put 3 batts in.

Return to “Gaming”