Setup:

Model B 512
16GB SD card
2A Nexus 7 Charger
Rosewill Powered 7 port USB hub
2x Retro Link USB SNES Controllers
NOOBS 1.2 installed Rasbian
64MB GPU Memory
Retro-Pie installation script (binary install)

I have messed around with Retro-Pie on and off since September when I got my RasPi, and there has been a lot of improvement since then, but I always seem to have random issues controlling the emulators. The games run perfectly fine with audio, so its weird how the input seems to have the most headache.

I just setup a fresh install using NOOBS and the setup script, and the one cool thing I noticed, is that the Mario All Star Rom is finally playable, I always had issues with the controls cutting out in that game, even player 2 seems to work perfectly fine. I also have the Doom emulator working with tweaked controls.

So, here are my 2 current problems:

1. The Donkey Kong Country rom does not work at all with player 2, even though other SNES roms work fine with player 2. If I do a co-op game and switch to Diddy Kong, player 2 can not control him, and I can't switch back to Donkey Kong.

2. Atari 2600 emulator controls, I do not understand how these are set. There does not seem to be any of the extra controls bound to the SNES controller by default, namely the game select and difficulty buttons. I also had no luck with player 2 as well. I'm thinking the controls are setup differently like Doom but I am not sure, so if someone could let me know how they are set, that would be great.

teeth_03

Re: More Control wierdness with retro-pie

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:22 am

Last night, I went to go play Mario All Stars 1 player, and I lost controls when entering the game map for Mario 3. I then plugged in my 2nd controller and restarted the emulator and as soon as I entered the game map, it cut out again, but I picked up controller 2 and was able to control it.

I then tested Street Fighter 2, and controller 1 worked the whole time.

For some reason, different ROMs are doing weird things to my controls, I'm just wondering if this is a known issue, or just me.

I played a little more Doom, and those controls work perfectly fine still.

Return to “Gaming”