golgfag
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

My Retropie Coffee Table

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi, sorry for my english im french ;p

First time thx petrockblog for your distrib Retropie ;)

I finally finished my project table arcade for two player.

I wanted to make a coffee table functional.

My table contains a raspberry with Retropie.

Another table that inspired me: http://www.instructables.com/id/My-400- ... ade-Table/

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image

---------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:

Raspberry:

Image

Sound:

Image

drawer and lift hinge for automatic joystick:

Image

joystick module connection:

Image

rope up the joystick at the opening of tiroir:

Image

Bottom of coffee table:

Image

Image

Screen:

Image

Global:

Image
Last edited by golgfag on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

dan3008
Posts: 1172
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:26 pm

very nice :)

are both screens run off the one pi then?
dan3008 wrote:Pays your money, takes your choice

golgfag
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:39 pm

dan3008 wrote:very nice :)

are both screens run off the one pi then?

Yes with HDMI 19-Pin Male to 2 * DVI 24+1 Female Splitter.

yottskry
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:03 pm

You can tell you're French because your coffee table is very stylish! Trés chic! J'aime ça!

golgfag
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:19 pm

yottskry wrote:You can tell you're French because your coffee table is very stylish! Trés chic! J'aime ça!
Thx, Merci ! ;)

User avatar
abishur
Posts: 4477
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 am
Location: USA
Contact: Website

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:34 pm

That is awesome! How did you manage to get the one HDMI to display different images using the dvi splitter?
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

golgfag
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:38 pm

that are not different images. The screens are in mirror.

User avatar
abishur
Posts: 4477
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 am
Location: USA
Contact: Website

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:58 pm

golgfag wrote:that are not different images. The screens are in mirror.
Oh, I see! That makes more sense, it's not like you need two unique displays for arcade gaming.
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

etherbest
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:39 am

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:03 am

I'd be interested to see pictures of the assembly process, if you have them.

User avatar
Jessie
Posts: 1754
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:40 pm
Location: C/S CO USA

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:00 am

Nice work

golgfag
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:30 am

etherbest wrote:I'd be interested to see pictures of the assembly process, if you have them.
I post pictures of the installation in the day.

golgfag
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:20 am

Update and post installation pictures.

etherbest
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:39 am

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:40 pm

How does the lifting of the joystick part work? Just by tension on the string , surely not?

C'est bizarre! :)

golgfag
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:40 pm

etherbest wrote:How does the lifting of the joystick part work? Just by tension on the string , surely not?

C'est bizarre! :)
the idea is not mine, I just copy a good idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G-5kAJDquk

etherbest
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:39 am

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Its a shame ikea doesnt sell the same model here in the UK.

Read the guy's description on the controller drawer, and I must say Im surprised you managed to get yours working. I have no idea what he means! :D

golgfag
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:16 am

etherbest wrote:Its a shame ikea doesnt sell the same model here in the UK.

Read the guy's description on the controller drawer, and I must say Im surprised you managed to get yours working. I have no idea what he means! :D

Sur, not easy. this photo sums up the mechanism.

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... photo7.jpg

4 hinges, 2 hinge attached to a drawer and two other board joystick in the opposite direction. On these latter is fixed a U attached by a cord to the center of the table. Some small adjustment to the rope pulls the U at the right time which have the effect of pushing up the bottom of the board of the joystick.

It is difficult to be clear;)

hoogen
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Wow, looks great! I am the person who made the instructable and the youtube video you referenced. I just looked at my instructable post and noticed your comment and question. I apologize i didnt reply, but you did a very good job of getting the drawer to work! it looks very close to what i did. if you would like, i can post a couple pictures of what my mechanism looks like.

golgfag
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:04 am

hoogen wrote:Wow, looks great! I am the person who made the instructable and the youtube video you referenced. I just looked at my instructable post and noticed your comment and question. I apologize i didnt reply, but you did a very good job of getting the drawer to work! it looks very close to what i did. if you would like, i can post a couple pictures of what my mechanism looks like.
More photos there better! ;) I added the link to instructables.

NickKnack
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Re: My Retropie Coffee Table

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Looks amazing - I want to do something similar (possibly copy it completely) but was curious as to what size/type those screens are!

Thanks!

Return to “Gaming”