Mr.Gurk

Re: MAME4ALL for Pi

Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:43 am

Hi,

i am running mame4all-pi on a RASP B+ connected to a 15.6khz Monitor through a "vga666 Adapter".
It works quite good. My resolution is 320x240. Every title is stretched to this resolution.
I would like to see a "perfect pixel" Picture, but i cannot see any option to switch the scaling completely off.
The only thing i can configure is the smoothiness of the stretching, but i dont want to stretch it at all.
How can i achieve this?

TIA

Rploesser

Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:31 am

I'd really like to see this working well on the pi3.
www.Helixduo.com / Twitter @HelixDuoSystems / facebook.com/Helixduo - where the DNA of old and new come together for a truly unique gaming experience

Ridrok

Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi,

You can find new binary with fastest speed of this with some fixes included here:
For Pi 1
For Pi 2
For Pi 3

You can also see My Git

Ridrok

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:25 am

antiriad wrote: Hi Ridrok,
thank you for creating this fork of MAME4ALL Pi.

Here there are some issues with some games:

- "Golden Axe", "Moonwalker", "Riot city", "Altered beast" and "Alien Storm" (all Sega System 16B games) run well, but audio samples (voices) are crackling, and with a higher volume than music.

- Some (great) IREM games like "Undercover Cops" or "In the hunt" run at full speed, but they have no sound (still not supported in Mame 0.37b5).

- the background in the first level of "Silent Dragon" is flickering, as well as the background in the third (flying) level of "Superman".

- It would be a dream to have the possibility to play the games "Shadow Force", "Night Slashers" and "D.J. Boy" on the rPi (games that are totally not supported)

If you can fix these... you are the man!
Thank you!
Hello

Point 1 and 2 are fixed, yes IREM games now have sound :D

Binaries updated, use links from the post above depending on you Pi version or pull it and compile it using ./build.sh.

Regards

gkreidl

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:55 am

Ridrok wrote:Hi,

You can find new binary with fastest speed of this with some fixes included here:
For Pi 1
For Pi 2
For Pi 3

You can also see My Git
I tested the Pi3 version. Pinball Action (set 2) crashes (runs with the old version).
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

Ridrok

Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:04 pm

gkreidl wrote:
Ridrok wrote:Hi,

For Pi 1
For Pi 2
For Pi 3

You can also see My Git
I tested the Pi3 version. Pinball Action (set 2) crashes (runs with the old version).
It's fixed and binaries are updated too.

If you use your mame.cfg, just add the end of the section [config] beginning by "# turn on vsync waiting" from the one included in archive. The patch from Spoek reduces a lot CPU usage.

I will go on working on IREN games, I saw problem with sprites order and also sound is working but not so fine yet.

Chips

Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:03 pm

Are you willing to get more patchs ?
I have seen a hat patch which is working well on my joysticks.
In retropie repo they made a patch for PS3 controller but mine are still not working so well even after this patch (ps3 controller support is strange linux)

Note that it could be good to indicate to retropie your repo at some time...

yuica

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:06 am

@pudding

I have a xbox360-arcade-joystick,It can be used at your pifba,everything is perfect.
But I can't define any direction and L2 and R2 at your mame4all,other buttons are ok.What's wrong?

I have modified 2 games by myself(kof and metalslug),the two modified games run perfectly at mame4all,but it can't run at pifba. After loading game,nothing happened,only black screen. I'm sure I used the right rom for pifba,it runs before modified. I think maybe pifba doesn't support modified-games.Is it possible to run them under pifba?

Chips

Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:18 am

I wanted to do some improvements and alignment in mame4all, you can find here binary for rpi2:

http://fdarcel.free.fr/mame4all_pi2.zip

Source code:

https://github.com/Chips-fr/mame4all-pi-adv

- Audio correction(track n field, punchout, world cup 90, ... general fm emulation is slightly better...)
- graphics correction (quite some nintendo: sheriff, space fever, helifire, battle lane,world tennis, quite some taito: wiz...)
- new working games (aerobots, formatz, mermaid, all popeye, S.P.Y, thundercross ... )
- joystick cross/hat is supported. Keypad can be used as coin/start as normal number (usefull for french keyboard support for example...)

New games are added too. bombrman bbmanw bbmanwj bounty ctomaday combh dynablst garou hasamu junglhbr kof99 mslugx montecar piratpet pbobbl2n rougien superbug

kraken667

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:03 am

Have anyone got mame4all to work using DAC hats or other external USB audio?

I can't get it to work. All other emulators work fine. As soon as I disable the USB audio in asound.conf, mame4all works again. Any ideas?

Return to “Gaming”