svennd

Re: Minecraft Pi edition

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:00 pm

scootn405 wrote:I received some errors when I tried to run minecratft-pi. The first thing is that I had to put:
./minecraft-pi

Kind of new to linux command line and didn't realize I needed the ./ before the file name.
You don't; ./ means in current directory. while minecraft-pi means look in the $PATH variable and run a program named "minecraft-pi". Allot programs are located in /bin . so if you wanted to run minecraft-pi, you should make a link to those bins, or add the current directory to $PATH. or just keep using ./ :lol:

When zipping, I see most of the permissions get lost, you need to set it as "can run" an easy way to do it is : chmod 755 minecraft-pi

just like on a webserver :)

LetHopeItsSnowing

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:51 am

Rather than watching 'Food Inspectors' on the tv last night, I thought I would see if I could write a game in minecraft (a game in a game I suppose) in an hour. This is what I came up with....

Minecraft - Hide and Seek!
The concept is really simple, a diamond block is hidden, at a random location, in the minecraft world and you have to find it and stand next to it and its quickest time wins. You are helped along the way by the game telling you whether you are getting "warmer" or "colder" and how far you are from the block!

Ive put a video and sourcecode on my blog http://www.stuffaboutcode.com/2013/01/r ... -seek.html

Martin
"am I getting slower, or is stuff more complicated; either way I now have to write it down - stuffaboutcode.com"

Evanshma

Minecraft Pi edition download!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 am

Their is a way to get it. Here is youtube video with a link to download and instructions for how to install it.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=veCV7qBq ... eCV7qBqwr4
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░
░▒▒█░░▒▒▒▒██░░▒▒▒░
▒▒████▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒░
░░▒▒░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░
░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀░░░

winkleink
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Just came across this on YouTube. Not mine and no idea who did it but it's great.

Controlling GPIO pins from inside Minecraft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythrmFAJugw

Now I care even more about Minecraft.
Twitter:Winkleink
Google+: Winkleink

hopkissonfreddie

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:54 pm

I have got minecraft Pi edition on mine and it runs well if you pm i shall give you the .zip and the instructions on how to get it up and running :)

nhajratw

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:15 pm

I've just released a first cut of a ruby API for the minecraft raspberry pi. Please check it out, report issues and contribute! :-)

https://github.com/nhajratw/minecraft_api

LetHopeItsSnowing

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:04 pm

Ive been playing around with the Pi edition API.

How about if you could wander around the Minecraft world and never fall off a cliff or have to swim across an ocean. What if, no matter where you walked a bridge automatically appeared under your feet... Well with Minecraft Pi edition, its API and a small python program, you can have just that!

The code is relatively simple, the program continually monitors the position of the player and by understanding where the player is and where they were, you can predict where they are going to be, if the block they are going to be standing on is empty (or AIR), fill it in!

See http://www.stuffaboutcode.com/2013/02/r ... ridge.html for a video, instructions and source code.
"am I getting slower, or is stuff more complicated; either way I now have to write it down - stuffaboutcode.com"

pygmy_giant

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:54 am

cool - can you play Minecraft off-line?

LetHopeItsSnowing

Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:23 am

Offline, yes

wizrod

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Not having much luck with Minecraft PI, so far. The RPI just crashes each time I start it Minecraft PI.

I assume this is a PSU issue (5v 1000mA), since the mantra for all RPI problems seems to be '...It's the PSU'. However, before I shell out on a 2000mA PSU, are there any other possibilities? Alternatively, does Minecraft PI generate any logging that I could potentially look at...?

TIA

P

mitchellc188

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:59 pm

My friends and I have all joined a lan sever, we did extensive work on this, logged out and came back the next day to find the world has been sliced leaving massive gaps and separating the world...... this happens to everyone except the host. Is there anyway to fix this or to avoid it from happening again

Dumplingman125

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:23 am

The full/official version has now been released. http://pi.minecraft.net/

zaphol

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:49 am

LetHopeItsSnowing, I like your bridge idea. I thought I would throw my own idea out there. Since listening to Pianobar and wandering around Minecraft Pi go so well together I made a remote control and display so you never have to leave Minecraft again to change the song.

http://youtu.be/OLITAzo6b5A

winkleink
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:24 am

wizrod wrote:Not having much luck with Minecraft PI, so far. The RPI just crashes each time I start it Minecraft PI.

I assume this is a PSU issue (5v 1000mA), since the mantra for all RPI problems seems to be '...It's the PSU'. However, before I shell out on a 2000mA PSU, are there any other possibilities? Alternatively, does Minecraft PI generate any logging that I could potentially look at...?

TIA

P
Are you using a 256MB Pi, If soc check your memory split. I found at 64M it works well, but maybe for you it might need to the 128MB/128MB split.

mrpi64

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:06 pm

pi.minecraft.net

extract it to home

follow instaructions to un-zip

terminal: cd mcpi , ./minecraft-pi
I'm happy to help.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=51794 - List of games that work on the Pi.

winkleink
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Mindrover wrote:Just finished writing a C# version of the API so I can work with mono and get some reasonable speed for the builds "Public Class makeVillage()" anyone LOL
Does C# make the process of building faster?

When I do Python scripts it appears to run the script quite quickly and then Minecraft spends a while chugging threw it to generate the results.

So, just wondering if it will be the same for C#

Jaguarbrine

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:23 pm

My Pi just makes minecraft Pi white screen, any help? :( ;) :( :o :| :(

winkleink
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Jaguarbrine wrote:My Pi just makes minecraft Pi white screen, any help? :( ;) :( :o :| :(
Are you running it directly on a TV/monitor or over VNC?
It only works on a direct TV.monitor as it doesn't use X for the display.

Jaguarbrine

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm using tv
Smile its me!

Return to “Gaming”