User avatar
victorsnk
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:07 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Best game soft for Raspbian

Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:15 am

In two days I get my new RaspBerry Pi 4B. I'm going to install the Raspbian system. I will also use it as a retro game center. What software do you recommend I install to be able to play? I want NES, SEGA games especially. I currently use OpenEmu on my Macintosh.

Thank you very much for your help.

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 22054
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: Best game soft for Raspbian

Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:57 am

victorsnk wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:15 am
In two days I get my new RaspBerry Pi 4B. I'm going to install the Raspbian system. I will also use it as a retro game center. What software do you recommend I install to be able to play? I want NES, SEGA games especially. I currently use OpenEmu on my Macintosh.

Thank you very much for your help.

Lakka is supported on the 4B:

https://www.lakka.tv/

https://www.lakka.tv/articles/2019/09/1 ... rch-1.7.8/
Retired disgracefully.....
......to an uncomplicated life !

Rather than negativity think outside the box !

User avatar
victorsnk
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:07 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Best game soft for Raspbian

Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:12 pm

Yes, but I need Raspbyan no only lakka

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 22054
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: Best game soft for Raspbian

Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:22 pm

victorsnk wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:12 pm
Yes, but I need Raspbyan no only lakka

You will have to check if Retropie / EmulationStation is supported on Raspbian Buster Operating System.
Retired disgracefully.....
......to an uncomplicated life !

Rather than negativity think outside the box !

User avatar
victorsnk
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:07 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Best game soft for Raspbian

Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:19 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:22 pm
victorsnk wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:12 pm
Yes, but I need Raspbyan no only lakka

You will have to check if Retropie / EmulationStation is supported on Raspbian Buster Operating System.
I think that this tutorial is ok, rigth? It means that it is compatible? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Pz60iHtL8

Cardship2
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:21 am

Re: Best game soft for Raspbian

Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:27 pm

There are several options such as doing a dual boot with noobs or installing retroarch by filling a Linux setup guide.
I would personally follow this guide, https://www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/r ... 40102.html
And install Retropie on raspbian.

User avatar
victorsnk
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:07 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Best game soft for Raspbian

Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:42 pm

What happens is that I need it to run on the same operating system. Raspberry controls a NAS and I cannot leave the base system. I explain? Thanks for the answers.

Giga_Pi
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 9:48 am

Re: Best game soft for Raspbian

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:26 pm

You can install retroarch manually using:
sudo apt install retroarch
then install necessary emulators.

Hope this helps.
As soon as the DM smiles, you know it's too late...

Return to “Gaming”