There seems to be a fascination/obsession with using FUSE on these pages for ZX Spectrum emulation, so I am posting an alternative. FBZX easy to install, can emulate MANY versions of the Spectrum Hardware (Original Spectrum (both issue 2 and issue 3), the classic 128K, the Amstrad Plus 2, the Amstrad Plus 2A and the Spanish 128K. This include 48k, 128 etc) AND works in Console FULL SCREEN with no alterations to the raspi-configs! Its NOT PERFECT, the sound can “click” somewhat, but personally, I think it offers a more “Elegant” solution to ZX Spectrum Emulation!
FBZX-2.10.0 - Compiled using 2012-09-18-wheezy-raspbian, RPi is 256MEG and over clocked to 900MHz
Source Code - fbzx-2.10.0.tar.bz2*
Dependencies - sdl1.2-dev
Additional Files Required - Game Images (.z80, .tap and .tzx)
*Download Here - http://www.rastersoft.com/descargas/fbzx-2.10.0.tar.bz2
1. Download the source code from the Link
2. Extract the source code
3. CD into the extracted folder and Type -
make install (NB It DOES NOT produce an executable from a "make" only compile!)
4. Now make a New Folder, e.g. “ZX Spectrum Game Images” and put your downloaded image files in here (NB They MUST be extracted, it WILL NOT play compressed files (zip, rar etc))
5. To Run the Program Type -
(From Console it will automatically be “Fullscreen”, adding -fs to the command line in Terminal under “X” gives “Fullscreen” Mode)
6. Press F1 for the Menu
7. Press "ESC" Twice to Exit
To insert, load and run a Game Image -
• Press F3 to “manage TAP/TZX”
• Press 1 to select a TAP/TZX file, then “ESC”
• Press [J], [CTRL]+[P], [CTRL]+[P], [ENTER] (this is so that we end up entering LOAD “” into the system)
• Wait while loading...........
• The Selected Game Image should now be ready to play!