Favonial

Dwarf Fortress Installed through Add/Remove Software

Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:13 pm

Hello,

I installed Dwarf Fortress, but I do not know the command line to run the program. Neither do I know the location installed.

Any help's appreciated,
Favi
Last edited by Favonial on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moonmarch

Re: Dwarf Fortress Installed through Add/Remove Software

Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:55 pm

I haven't tried this game myself I didn't upgrade to Debian buster, don't know if this game runs either, I assume this is how you run dwarf fortress, in the terminal type:

Code: Select all

dwarf-fortress

klricks

Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:02 am

Favonial wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:13 pm
I installed Dwarf Fortress, but I do not know the command line ti run the program. Neither do I know the location installed.
You forgot to mention what OS you are running.......
Per the web site the command is dwarf-fortress: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169196.0
HOWEVER
The main program appears to be missing from the Raspbian Buster repository.
Only dwarf-fortress-data appears which will do nothing without the main program file(s).
The web site http://bay12games.com/dwarves/features.html makes no mention of a version which runs on a RPi so it likely was made for Intel x86 only.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Favonial

Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:09 am

Yes, I'm running Raspbian, very new to the distro since yesterday. I've looked around the net and found that the program doesn't run on ARM processors, but was very hopeful to see it in the repository.

Thanks for the input,
Favi

mareck

Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Sadly wont work.
There was a few elite players trying to port the game, but Toady did not support the action. :cry:

Return to “Gaming”