Kazp123

Re: Minecraft Pi Edition (OFFICIAL PORT!)

Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:55 am

Programming it to make blocks work I tried. You can also post chat messages just run two terminals rum mine craft in one and in the other cd into mcpi/api/python/mcpi and python minecraft.py you can also edit minecraft.py to create blocks and different messages

Roc

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:25 am

This is really awesome!

ferjeezy

Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Played with it for a little bit and its pretty cool. I figured out that you can use the pocket edition and pi edition together so I used my pi to work on my world. Keyboard>Touchscreen

three14

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Plays surprisingly well but I can see why Mojang took it down. After a few minutes the screen starts to...flicker (if that's the right word). All blocks and the player disappear and only the color of the sky is visible. Aside from that it's perfectly playable and the Pi Edition has no problem connecting to local games hosted by Pocket Edition.

Tried it on both a 512MB and 256MB Raspi with these settings in config.txt:

Code: Select all

arm_freq=900
core_freq=333
sdram_freq=450
gpu_mem=64
force_turbo=1
Can't wait for the next^H^H^H^Hofficial release. :-)

efflandt

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:07 am

I ran it without overclocking and it ran smoothly. It will heat up your Pi some. If you give it gpu_mem=128 there is less of that flicker and it runs cooler. If you watch your coordinates in upper left, the flicker seems to be when it momentarily loses track of your position and then restores/redraws it.

You can change GameType from Creative (01) to Survival (00) by hex editing (ghex) level.dat. But the player is still in Creative mode. Even though there are mob skins in graphics files, I saw no friendly or hostile mobs. The only difference I could tell is that Creative was always full daylight, and Survival alternated between dreary dim daylight and darkness.

You cannot walk off the edge of the world, but you can fly off into darkness. Fear not if you get lost in the dark, restart the game and you are back in the world.

LetHopeItsSnowing

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:01 pm

I've been playing around with the Minecraft API, its surprisingly easy and mojang include some pretty good class libraries with the install to simplify it and get started.

Ive created a video and stuck it on youtube http://youtu.be/icrbqilD4Ng

Ive also put some instructions and code on my blog http://www.stuffaboutcode.com/2013/01/r ... asics.html

Let me know how you get on.

Martin
"am I getting slower, or is stuff more complicated; either way I now have to write it down - stuffaboutcode.com"

billybangleballs

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Has anyone figured out if it's possible to change the wasd to cursor keys?

Jaguarbrine

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:44 pm

go and check Mojang.com and scroll down some and its out
Smile its me!

Return to “Gaming”