jaygummers

Facing issues with tmp directory in Retropie

Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:05 am

Hi all,

So, I tried searching for this but could find anything useful so hopefully someone here will know.

Ok from what I can tell Retropie or ES is trying to make a (mkdir) tmp directory when trying to run a rom but for some reason it is failing, basically I keep getting told there isn't enough space left which is bonkers because it's a 64G sd card and the roms are on a 128G USB stick and both have a heap of space left on them. The big problem is most of the roms will fail to run after this error with the exception of snes games.

This is on a RPi 3 B+ with RetroPie 4.4

Any help would be appreciated.

Andyroo

Re: Facing issues with tmp directory in Retropie

Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:20 pm

Depends where it is trying to make the directory.

If its on / then there is one already there so a mkdir will report a file exists
If its not on / then does the user have rights to the parent folder to create new things or only have rights to read.

Also, just as the cards are large it does not mean the file system is set to use all that space :roll: or the free space is where the program is trying to write to so, it maybe full to the system...

Retro Pi has its own fanbase and support forum that maybe able to give more clues BUT you have to be a member to search (why I know not).
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

Return to “Gaming”