Slighty

RetroPi - updated, now only Command Prompt.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:49 am

Ladies & Gents

I had RetroPi working brilliantly on the RPi Model 2b+

Not used it in a while and knew there was a RetroPi upgrade
Made the (clearly now foolish) decision to upgrade, it ran scripts and all sorts NOW it sits at the Command Prompt,

If i type 'EmulationStation' - as previously to return from terminal back to Retro Pi screen goes black and return to Terminal / Command prompt.
When I boot up i get the RetroPi splash Image however i never see the Emulation Station splash page..

I am assuming the hardware cant cope with the Software - I can of course re-image etc but any quicker ideas are welcomed.

Regards

B.Goode

Re: RetroPi - updated, now only Command Prompt.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:17 pm

I had RetroPi working brilliantly on the RPi Model 2b+

Not used it in a while and knew there was a RetroPi upgrade
Made the (clearly now foolish) decision to upgrade, it ran scripts and all sorts NOW it sits at the Command Prompt,
Since you query hardware compatibly, can you confirm the model of your RPi? The Raspberry Pi Foundation reference documents don't have a Model 2B+.

How did you originally install RetroPie? As a turnkey image, or as an add-on to a base Raspbian system?

What did you actually do to implement the upgrade?

Slighty

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:15 pm

ops My bad....

Must have my numbers/models mixed up

Model: Rasp Pi model 2b
Image : Turnkey - I downloaded it originally to SD extracted it an ran from source, it was never an Icon in Raspbian as i believe it can be now.
Method of Updating: Ran the Sudo Nano - Update all command as advised by some website somewhere ..

Thanks in advance...

B.Goode

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:35 pm

Method of Updating: Ran the Sudo Nano - Update all command as advised by some website somewhere ..
nano is simply a text editor. That is unlikely on its own to invoke a failed update to your system.

It would be invaluable to know exactly what "command as advised by some website somewhere ."

Alternatively, make a backup of any personal data on the system and make a fresh start..

Return to “Gaming”