Adamb6986

Need Help loading the card with retropie

Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Im new to retropie i tried setting one up for my son for christmas but could not load the card tried multiple times following a few sets of instructions. I was wondering if someone could load the card for me and then send it back to me.
Thanks
Adam

fruitoftheloom

Re: Need Help

Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Adamb6986 wrote:
Im new to retropie i tried setting one up for my son for christmas but could not load the card tried multiple times following a few sets of instructions. I was wondering if someone could load the card for me and then send it back to me.
Thanks
Adam

Download the latest file iris in .gz format.

https://retropie.org.uk/download/#Pre-m ... spberry_Pi

The use Etcher to create a bootable SD Card from above download,:

https://www.balena.io/etcher/
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Stretch.

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Need Help loading the card with retropie

Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:55 pm

renamed and moved to gaming.

p.s. for such a request, it would be helpful to at least mention in which part of the world you live, but really there is no need its simple. :mrgreen:

KoolDud3

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:11 am

Adamb6986 wrote:
Thanks
Adam
Hi, Im not such a huge fan of retropie. its another os. you can give your son a computer (raspberry pi) with mednafen installed. It emulates 14 different consoles, and is an app in rasbpian! so, Your son can have a computer AND an emulator!

sudo apt-get install mednafen
I exist

fruitoftheloom

Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:43 pm

KoolDud3 wrote:
Adamb6986 wrote:
Thanks
Adam
Hi, Im not such a huge fan of retropie. its another os. you can give your son a computer (raspberry pi) with mednafen installed. It emulates 14 different consoles, and is an app in rasbpian! so, Your son can have a computer AND an emulator!

That is not the full picture, Retropie uses Raspbian Stretch Lite as it's base Linux Operating System, one can add the "Raspberry Pi Desktop" desktop environment and install software from the repositories.

Rather than evangelism about retro-gaming in your slew of posts today, getting your Google Fu up to date would be more productive.

:roll:
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Stretch.

DarkPlatinum

Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:11 pm

You can download PINN and install RetroPie via that. Heres a link for the installation of PINN: https://html.dynu.net/index.php/installing-pinn/
1 * Raspberry Pi Zero W, 1 * Raspberry Pi 2, 1 * Raspberry Pi 3 1 * Raspberry Pi 3B + :mrgreen:

Check Out My Raspberry Site (Run on a Raspberry Pi 3B :) ): Https://Html.dynu.net

KoolDud3

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:51 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:43 pm
KoolDud3 wrote:
Adamb6986 wrote:
Thanks
Adam

Code: Select all

That is not the full picture, Retropie uses Raspbian Stretch Lite as it's base Linux Operating System, one can add the "Raspberry Pi Desktop" desktop environment and install software from the repositories.

Rather than evangelism about retro-gaming in your slew of posts today, getting your Google Fu up to date would be more productive.

:roll:
Google Fu? and why are you spying on my posts
I exist

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:54 am

Spying? he is simply replying to your post :roll:
Google Fu, is simply nerd talk for the ability to google well.

And no, Retropie is NOT an OS, its simply an application, notwithstanding the fact that you can download a complete image of Raspbian, with Retropie already installed.

Return to “Gaming”