Link500

Can't Get retropie to recognize wireless mouse.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:41 am

So i have a logitech mouse and keyboard, the m185 mouse(basically the cheapest ones I could get) to use with retropie.

Problem is it doesn't recognize the wireless mouse at all. I know the mouse is fine because on another SD card I have the standard rasbian desktop to help myself with learning programming and for other projects with this pi, and the mouse is recognized just fine, scroll wheel, all three buttons, everything.

Also I have a wired mouse and retropie DOES recognize it, but I'd really like to get the wireless one working.

avensis

Re: Can't Get retropie to recognize wireless mouse.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:00 pm

Hello, did you check the settings?
Also try to remove and reinstall the mouse software.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Minecraft Pocket Edition Google Play Services Counter-Strike
Last edited by avensis on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link500

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:01 am

There wasn’t any mouse software that I know off, also I think it might have something to do with retroarch itself, as the same problem occurs with the other retro gaming os’s you can use. I formatted the sd card again and instead tried noobs and installed not only the raspbien desktop, but several other os’s, including the two other retro gaming ones that come with noobs.

Once again, using the desktop the wireless mouse works fine, but soon as i try to use it in anything using retroarch, it no longer recognizes the mouse.

I’ve fiddled with all settings for retroarch, and even the ones for retropie and libretro in general, it still doesn’t recognize the wireless one no matter what i try. No button presses or anything.

Yet soon as i plug in the wired mouse, it recognizes the wired one.

The keyboard+mouse is one of the combos that use the same wireless transmitter/dongle(?), idk if that should really make a difference or not since again, it recognizes both just fine on the desktop.

Ger_Pa

Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:05 pm

Link500 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:41 am
So i have a logitech mouse and keyboard, the m185 mouse(basically the cheapest ones I could get) to use with retropie.

Problem is it doesn't recognize the wireless mouse at all. I know the mouse is fine because on another SD card I have the standard rasbian desktop to help myself with learning programming and for other projects with this pi, and the mouse is recognized just fine, scroll wheel, all three buttons, everything.

Also I have a wired mouse and retropie DOES recognize it, but I'd really like to get the wireless one working.
I use the same mouse for PI, with the same unity receiver and it works out of the box. If the mouse works fine on other machines, then there is something wrong with your Retropie installation.

Check here.

https://retropie.org.uk/docs/Spinners,- ... e-Devices/

Return to “Gaming”