zproc

Re: Not Minecraft, but Blocky

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:07 am

malakai wrote:If anyone finds it useful I love the work Spsn has done and compiled what I could at the time into setup tutorials if it helps anyone

http://www.raspians.com/knowledgebase-s ... es/blocky/
Is this the latest version of Blocky?

"wget https://github.com/spsn/blocky/raw/mast ... -armhf.tgz"

It gets stuck at "generating terrain" on my Pi 2.

edit: nevermind, after typing some keys i got to the game screen and the next launch worked correctly.

Zer0CoolAlpha

Mon May 04, 2015 2:22 pm

How do I export the project from Eclipse (running on Win7) correctly to run it on my raspi 2 (Raspian, hard float ABI)?
Currently I get this exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.opengl.GLContext.nLoadOpenGLLibrary()V

super213

Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:47 am

I made a texture pack lol

its smexy and dark

AdamMercado

Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:28 pm

malakai wrote:If anyone finds it useful I love the work Spsn has done and compiled what I could at the time into setup tutorials if it helps anyone

http://www.raspians.com/knowledgebase-s ... es/blocky/
This whole endeavor is quite amazing. Like many here I too have a son that is nuts over minecraft. He is always going on about getting this mod or that, and why is Mojang are so lame for putting mods on the PC but not on Xbox. I try to explain to him just what is involved in game development and porting from one platform to another, but you know kids today, just think it should be at the click of a button.

When I found out about the RPi and minecraft-pi I jumped on board. Figured it would give him an appreciation for what game development involves and just how much work it actually is, while at the same time exposing him to the rudiments of coding to set that ship sailing.

What I'm most curious about is how SPSN got started right at the beginning. How one builds a game from a blank slate. That would be a valuable lesson or tutorial. I read through most of this thread (skipped a few pages in the middle) but might have missed that along the way. Even so the resource that malakai has put together for editing and modifying Blocky once installed is brilliant. Thanks! I will have fun going through that with my son. Especially as using minecraft to teach Python has been an exercise in futility so far (see my other thread). I am going to change gears to use Blocky instead.
Raspberry Pi 2 B, Rasbian OS, No mods whatsoever
MacPro3,1, MacOSX 10.8.5, 16GB RAM 2TB

jslaurin

Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Hi there. I'm new to minecraft and the raspberry pi as well. Waiting for my pi to come in the mail soon.

I've been toying around with blocky today, is anyone still working on this?

Thanks!
Jeremy

Zalkiaent

Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:31 am

I think this project will end well. I really hope you and your son is having fun, because your game looks beautiful! :D

Return to “Gaming”