SiriusHardware

Raspberry Pi Aquarium

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Possibly off topic, but I don't know where else I could have put it-

Is there a nice Linux fish tank program?

You know, a graphical simulation of a fish tank with fish swimming around in it?

SniperPilotX

Re: Raspberry Pi Aquarium

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:10 am

If your interested in a partial way to get your fish tank and possibly cool your raspberry pi to overclocking point, i suggest you google search "raspberry pi mineral oil" mineral oil doesn't conduct electricity, so you can dip all the pi electronics in it and it still works, i was skeptical at first, but it is so cool when you finally get it overclocked, you will have to change out the mineral oil each year or so, depends on how dirty it gets from particals in the air and the extreme heating and cooling of the pi

joan

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:36 am

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a screen saver showing fish swimming. I can't say whether you will find in nice!

SiriusHardware

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:53 pm

joan wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a screen saver showing fish swimming. I can't say whether you will find in nice!
In the Windows world there was Elfish which seemed to take itself pretty seriously as an 'Aquarium Simulator', which presumably meant you had to remain ever-vigilant against white spot disease, while at the same time battling the vagrant snail population.

I'm not looking for anything quite so hardcore for the Pi, just something soothing to look at between Python sessions.

What might such a program be called...?

How about...

...Pisces. ;)

nicemachines

Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:56 am

I am still going around on these forums and still have noticed a real LACK of interest, WHY? I am exited with the Pi and why not? No one is coming forth and enlighten me because I am lost on this one. I will continue to build Pi's and especially for kids.

Return to “Gaming”