Nolan123
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 12:03 am

Fortnite

Mon May 21, 2018 12:39 am

Is it possible to get fortnite on the 3 model b? And if so what is OS I use? Thanks.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 21143
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Fortnite

Mon May 21, 2018 9:49 am

No, I don't believe so. Even if it could be run, it would struggle to run fast enough, the GPU is probably not good enough.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

User avatar
Imperf3kt
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:16 am
Location: Australia

Re: Fortnite

Mon May 21, 2018 9:54 am

I'm going to guess it won't run too well on a Pi3B+ even, but...

Contact EPIC Games if you're looking for a version that runs on the Pi3B or Pi3b+, though really, I'd opt for a different brand SBC for this idea. Something with a more powerful GPU, as Jamesh mentions.

I would suggest contacting EPIC Games and see if they can compile a Rapberry Pi version from their ARM version because unless the source is available, you won't be getting it on a Pi and I'm pretty sure EPIC Games won't be giving out the source code.
The chances of this actually happening are slim to non-existent.
Stop plugging your fan directly into the GPIO 5v
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/power/transient-suppression.html

User avatar
noxytrux
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 7:40 am
Location: Poland
Contact: Website Skype Twitter YouTube

Re: Fortnite

Sun May 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Technically YES you will be able to run it. The question is how it will work. UE4 Already allow you to build using ARM arch. Thats why they were able to port it to iOS and soon to Android. Now if there will be Android version. The next question is if Android Thinks will be able to run APK. If yes you already may say you have fortnite for RPI in future, otherwise the only way to get it is too ask Epic Games to make Raspberry Pi version (maybe from upcoming android version)

Samgivesls
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:53 am

Re: Fortnite

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:00 am

An android version is now out and I need help from you guys with an installation process ! I believe this is possible and I really want to work this out!

Ger_Pa
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: Fortnite

Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Sorry to break your bubble, but is not possible on a PI3, At least not the same version that was released for Android, let alone the PC version....

For some reason people assume that if a game was released for Android it is "low spec", when is not always the case. Some people seems to forget that most of the mid to high end android are 400 dollars or above and they get it cheaper or for "free" because they have an abonment.
But let's go back to Fortnite for Android, the weakest supported phone has a Snapdragon 820 SOC,

Let's take a look at that Soc
CPU: Kryo quad core up to 2.2 ghz
GPU: Adreno 530 running at 623 mhz

The ram will be depend on the phone, but all the compatible phones have 4GB ram

Now let's take a look at the Pi 3b
CPU: Cortex-A53 quad core running at 1.2 ghz
GPU: VideoCore IV at 400 mhz
Ram: 1GB

As you can see it's quite underpowered compared to the weakest phone(officialy) that can run Fortnite and we are not even looking at the capabilities of each SOC, then the SD820 just blast away the PI3B.
But then again the PI3b is a 35 usd SOC made for learning while the SD820 was made to be used in mid to high end phones and cost a lot more than a PI3b.

Samgivesls
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:53 am

Re: Fortnite

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:03 am

Ger_Pa wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:03 pm
Sorry to break your bubble, but is not possible on a PI3, At least not the same version that was released for Android, let alone the PC version....

For some reason people assume that if a game was released for Android it is "low spec", when is not always the case. Some people seems to forget that most of the mid to high end android are 400 dollars or above and they get it cheaper or for "free" because they have an abonment.
But let's go back to Fortnite for Android, the weakest supported phone has a Snapdragon 820 SOC,

Let's take a look at that Soc
CPU: Kryo quad core up to 2.2 ghz
GPU: Adreno 530 running at 623 mhz

The ram will be depend on the phone, but all the compatible phones have 4GB ram

Now let's take a look at the Pi 3b
CPU: Cortex-A53 quad core running at 1.2 ghz
GPU: VideoCore IV at 400 mhz
Ram: 1GB

As you can see it's quite underpowered compared to the weakest phone(officialy) that can run Fortnite and we are not even looking at the capabilities of each SOC, then the SD820 just blast away the PI3B.
But then again the PI3b is a 35 usd SOC made for learning while the SD820 was made to be used in mid to high end phones and cost a lot more than a PI3b.
Im still not giving up, and i am curious. Would a ROCKPro64 work instead?

https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=61454

User avatar
Imperf3kt
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:16 am
Location: Australia

Re: Fortnite

Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:24 am

Samgivesls wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:03 am
Ger_Pa wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:03 pm
Sorry to break your bubble, but is not possible on a PI3, At least not the same version that was released for Android, let alone the PC version....

For some reason people assume that if a game was released for Android it is "low spec", when is not always the case. Some people seems to forget that most of the mid to high end android are 400 dollars or above and they get it cheaper or for "free" because they have an abonment.
But let's go back to Fortnite for Android, the weakest supported phone has a Snapdragon 820 SOC,

Let's take a look at that Soc
CPU: Kryo quad core up to 2.2 ghz
GPU: Adreno 530 running at 623 mhz

The ram will be depend on the phone, but all the compatible phones have 4GB ram

Now let's take a look at the Pi 3b
CPU: Cortex-A53 quad core running at 1.2 ghz
GPU: VideoCore IV at 400 mhz
Ram: 1GB

As you can see it's quite underpowered compared to the weakest phone(officialy) that can run Fortnite and we are not even looking at the capabilities of each SOC, then the SD820 just blast away the PI3B.
But then again the PI3b is a 35 usd SOC made for learning while the SD820 was made to be used in mid to high end phones and cost a lot more than a PI3b.
Im still not giving up, and i am curious. Would a ROCKPro64 work instead?

https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=61454
Looks to me like you gave up, that board is not a Raspberry Pi.
Stop plugging your fan directly into the GPIO 5v
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/power/transient-suppression.html

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 21143
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Fortnite

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:26 am

Please keep topic to Raspberry Pi please, other board posts will be deleted.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

hippy
Posts: 4202
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: UK

Re: Fortnite

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:40 am

Samgivesls wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:00 am
An android version is now out and I need help from you guys with an installation process ! I believe this is possible and I really want to work this out!
LineageOS 14.1 is available for the Pi 3B and that can download and install .apk packaged apps via its web browser -

viewtopic.php?t=220601

I would suggest installing that, seeing if you can install Fornite. No idea if it will even install, let alone work as expected, but you'll find out.

Please do let us know how you get on.

Ger_Pa
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: Fortnite

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:49 am

hippy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:40 am
Samgivesls wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:00 am
An android version is now out and I need help from you guys with an installation process ! I believe this is possible and I really want to work this out!
LineageOS 14.1 is available for the Pi 3B and that can download and install .apk packaged apps via its web browser -

viewtopic.php?t=220601

I would suggest installing that, seeing if you can install Fornite. No idea if it will even install, let alone work as expected, but you'll find out.

Please do let us know how you get on.
It's pointless, the SOC is not powerful enough. This is what will happen.

- He/She will get the apk, he will install the APK no problem

-Once he/she runs the APK, a banner will pop with the "Unsupported Device"

-After searching the web, will find that there is an app that allows android to mask the hardware (gltools), will pay for it.

-After setting gltools, will run again fortnite... It will download the games file and he will get a graphic mess..

The PI is just not powerful enough.
Those soc like the Pi, that are powerful enough to run UE4 at a nice speed are not really cheap, plus he will still have to trick the Apk, to think it is running from a supported device and some others littles hacks...
Down the road the solution is A)Get a supported device and have Fun B)Get a PC that can run fortnite and have fun.

hippy
Posts: 4202
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: UK

Re: Fortnite

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Ger_Pa wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:49 am
It's pointless
I would say educational. It may be as you describe, I suspect it likely will be, but there's no definitive answer until someone does try it. And an evidenced answer is always better than a speculative one in my experience.

Ger_Pa
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: Fortnite

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:08 pm

hippy wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:14 pm
Ger_Pa wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:49 am
It's pointless
I would say educational. It may be as you describe, I suspect it likely will be, but there's no definitive answer until someone does try it. And an evidenced answer is always better than a speculative one in my experience.
1) I fail to see how it can be educational.

2) Is not speculative. The developer of the game EPIC, the same people who develop the engine of the game UE4... Said this
MIN SYS SPEC:
64-bit Android 5.0 Lollipop or more recent
3 GB free storage space
3 GB RAM minimum
GPU Adreno 530 or better, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or better

They didn't made those requirements out of thin air... or do you think that Epic wants to deny people with low end phones the chance to play Fortnite??? for them it would shooting themselve in the foot....

What do you want to learn?? That when the developer says "This is the minimium system requirements" they are not telling lies???


It's simple, you meet those specs, then you have a chance to run the game and play.
You don't meet those specs, then your best hope is just to see the loading screen and see how it crash.

RudolfTorres
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:29 am

Re: Fortnite

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:39 am

If your smartphone has a good GPU then only it can run smoothly else, Fortnite will lag. ;)

hippy
Posts: 4202
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: UK

Re: Fortnite

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:10 pm

Ger_Pa wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:08 pm
What do you want to learn?? That when the developer says "This is the minimium system requirements" they are not telling lies???
Maybe they aren't. Maybe they are. How does one know unless one puts it to the test, tries it for themselves ?

People keep saying Windows 10 full desktop won't ever run on a Pi, that it just isn't possible, that performance will be so poor it cannot work or won't be satisfactory. But that doesn't seem to be the case from how efforts to do exactly that are going.

It's a similar story for running Android on a Pi.

What people say and what the reality is can often be two very different things. It is not uncommon to find "minimum requirements" to have been over-stated.

HiByeTacos
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:59 pm

Re: Fortnite

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:10 pm

I think it might be possible to run Fortnite on the RPI Model 3 b+. THat is the best choice to run it. You are going to have to get a lot of fans and very large heat sinks, maybe even opt out for water cooling (WATER COOLING WILL PROBABLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY). Then you will have to overclock as high as possible (THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY). Then you should buy a software called Exagear to emulate x86 structure. In the future, you could use Windows On Arm, however don't use it now because it doesn't support WiFi. Next you should download Fortnite and change settings to lowest as possible. This would be a fun project however it might be less expensive to buy a regular laptop from a garage sale. Good luck!

code_exec
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: Fortnite

Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:16 pm

I doubt Fortnite would run on 1GB RAM. And if it could, not only would it be slow, but would also slow down the OS. Fortnite for Android only runs on select devices. Windows 10 IoT is not a desktop OS, it is an embedded OS for the internet of things, so you can't run Fortnite on that either. Epic don't provide Fortnite for Linux, so you won't be able to use it on Linux distros (which is what most Pi users use).
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS desktop images for the Raspberry Pi 3.

https://github.com/CodeExecution/Ubuntu-ARM64-RPi

Ger_Pa
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: Fortnite

Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:49 pm

hippy wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:10 pm
Ger_Pa wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:08 pm
What do you want to learn?? That when the developer says "This is the minimium system requirements" they are not telling lies???
Maybe they aren't. Maybe they are. How does one know unless one puts it to the test, tries it for themselves ?

People keep saying Windows 10 full desktop won't ever run on a Pi, that it just isn't possible, that performance will be so poor it cannot work or won't be satisfactory. But that doesn't seem to be the case from how efforts to do exactly that are going.

It's a similar story for running Android on a Pi.

What people say and what the reality is can often be two very different things. It is not uncommon to find "minimum requirements" to have been over-stated.
Listen this isn't about feeling or what i think or you think, etc. This is about facts, the people who developed Unreal Engine 4 is the same people that developed Fortnite... In both cases they really used a lot of money testing the engines and the games, they say it clear. You need 3 GB of RAM to run FORTNITE.
With the PI 3b you only have 1gb of shared memory...

Yes the performance of "Windows on Arm" on the PI3B is POOR and UNSATISFACTORY... Just be being idel the OS is already using 450 ram and the CPU is running at 25 to 40%....
Now can you imagine what's going to happen, once you open word and then you open chrome???

But anyway, go on, try to run Fortnite on pi 3b, is not like someone is stoping you from doing it.

hippy
Posts: 4202
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: UK

Re: Fortnite

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Ger_Pa wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:49 pm
Listen this isn't about feeling or what i think or you think, etc. This is about facts
I have heard lots of "facts" in my time. Some have proven themselves, others have turned out not to be.
Ger_Pa wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:49 pm
But anyway, go on, try to run Fortnite on pi 3b, is not like someone is stoping you from doing it.
That's all I was suggesting the OP did. Then they will have a definitive fact.

User avatar
Imperf3kt
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:16 am
Location: Australia

Re: Fortnite

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:52 pm

HiByeTacos wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:10 pm
I think it might be possible to run Fortnite on the RPI Model 3 b+. THat is the best choice to run it. You are going to have to get a lot of fans and very large heat sinks, maybe even opt out for water cooling (WATER COOLING WILL PROBABLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY). Then you will have to overclock as high as possible (THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY). Then you should buy a software called Exagear to emulate x86 structure. In the future, you could use Windows On Arm, however don't use it now because it doesn't support WiFi. Next you should download Fortnite and change settings to lowest as possible. This would be a fun project however it might be less expensive to buy a regular laptop from a garage sale. Good luck!


Liquid cooling will not void your warranty, but your Pi won't be covered for accidental damage due to a leak.

Overclocking doesn't always void the warranty, there are settings you can apply without voiding it.
Don't expect much more than an extra 50MHz out of a Pi3B+, as the Pi3B+ is already overclocked to just about as far as possible from the factory.

Sticking more cooling on it isn't the only thing you need for Overclocking, the Pi isn't an x86 PC, the usual methods don't work the same.
Stop plugging your fan directly into the GPIO 5v
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/power/transient-suppression.html

code_exec
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: Fortnite

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Fortnite on the Pi is not possible. It's not compatible with any Linux distros, and won't run on the Pi with Android, since the Android version of Fortnite is only available for select devices. Windows 10 ARM can run on the Pi 3, but performance is bad, internet doesn't work, and Fortnite uses BattlEye anticheat and it is known that Windows 10 ARM cannot run games which use anticheat technologies.
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS desktop images for the Raspberry Pi 3.

https://github.com/CodeExecution/Ubuntu-ARM64-RPi

konotopchanin
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:54 am

Re: Fortnite

Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:34 am

is anyone knows how to add auto shooting on an android app?

hippy
Posts: 4202
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: UK

Re: Fortnite

Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:16 pm

konotopchanin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:34 am
is anyone knows how to add auto shooting on an android app?
It is probably best to ask on an Android forum or one centred around gaming on Android.

Return to “Gaming”