Nolan123

Fortnite

Mon May 21, 2018 12:39 am

Is it possible to get fortnite on the 3 model b? And if so what is OS I use? Thanks.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Fortnite

Mon May 21, 2018 9:49 am

No, I don't believe so. Even if it could be run, it would struggle to run fast enough, the GPU is probably not good enough.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Please direct all questions to the forum, I do not do support via PM.

Imperf3kt

Mon May 21, 2018 9:54 am

I'm going to guess it won't run too well on a Pi3B+ even, but...

Contact EPIC Games if you're looking for a version that runs on the Pi3B or Pi3b+, though really, I'd opt for a different brand SBC for this idea. Something with a more powerful GPU, as Jamesh mentions.

I would suggest contacting EPIC Games and see if they can compile a Rapberry Pi version from their ARM version because unless the source is available, you won't be getting it on a Pi and I'm pretty sure EPIC Games won't be giving out the source code.
The chances of this actually happening are slim to non-existent.
User experiencing technical difficulties.

noxytrux

Sun May 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Technically YES you will be able to run it. The question is how it will work. UE4 Already allow you to build using ARM arch. Thats why they were able to port it to iOS and soon to Android. Now if there will be Android version. The next question is if Android Thinks will be able to run APK. If yes you already may say you have fortnite for RPI in future, otherwise the only way to get it is too ask Epic Games to make Raspberry Pi version (maybe from upcoming android version)

Return to “Gaming”