Haemogoblin

Help with USB Controller

Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi guys

I've just flashed my SD card today as I've been running with an old version of Raspbian. I've slowly been setting things back up and came to test my amiga emulator, only to find the joypad hasn't setup correctly.

The fire buttons isn't the right button and I was wondering if i could reconfigure it.

Many thanks
Blackadder: Right Baldrick, let's try again, shall we? This is called adding. If I have two beans, and then I add two more, what do I have?
Baldrick: Some beans

scruss

Re: Help with USB Controller

Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Which Amiga emulator are you using? There are so many forks of UAE, all slightly different
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.

Haemogoblin

Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi Scruss

I've downloaded the latest distro of raspbian, placed it on an SD and then downloaded the latest version of UAE4ARM.

While using an my previous setup with an older distro, my six button controller worked fine. But now suddenly Z button has become the fire button, instead of the A button. Image

I've tried using jstest-gtk, but even though I've apparently swapped the buttons around, UAE4ARM is still using the Z buttons as fire. Now I did wonder if this was something to do with SDL / SDL2 and the fact I've upgraded to a new version of Raspbian. I think the emulator uses SDL and from what I have read online SDLno longer uses the joystick dev device. https://askubuntu.com/questions/156017/ ... d-by-games

So I'm really hoping someone with a little more knowledge then I, can shed some light on the problem. The current setup is usable, but a bit annoying to say the least.
Blackadder: Right Baldrick, let's try again, shall we? This is called adding. If I have two beans, and then I add two more, what do I have?

Haemogoblin

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:16 am

Just in case anyone else had a similar issue, i discovered the problem i was having was the emulator itself. UAE4ARM has evidently undergone some changes in a recent update and it has fudge up the button mapping.

Thanks to all the one person who replied

scruss

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:51 am

Well, we tried.

I've stuck with very simple Logitech controllers to avoid any configuration/support problems. It's worked well, so far!
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.

Return to “Gaming”