pinilpypinilpy

openjk/jedi academy on raspbian stretch pi2

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:00 am

I had a lot of trouble running openjk on the raspberry pi. the compiling ran fine, but the game always crashed the desktop, similar to dhewm 3 (modded doom 3 engine) the trick was to turn all the settings to low. this worked for openjk, but not for dhewm 3, unfortunately. my plan was to replace the doom 3 files with the ones from TDM (The Dark Mod).

instructions:
1. enable OpenGL driver and set memory split to 256 (in advanced settings)
2. install packages:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install libjpeg8-dev libpng12-dev zlib1g-dev freeglut3-dev cmake git libsdl2-dev
3. clone openjk from github:

git clone https://github.com/JACoders/OpenJK.git jka
4. get ready to compile openjk:

cd jka && mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/jka/
5. compile openjk:

make -j4 && make install
(this takes around half an hour on a pi2)
6. copy your assets*.pk3 to ~/jka/JediAcademy/base/ (install jedi academy on your pc. It's not free but... cough* google is your friend *cough. you can find the assets in the jedi academy base folder in program files (windows)
7. run openjk_sp.arm (its in the jka/JediAcademy folder)
8. have fun (and May the 4th be with you)

Sumie

Re: openjk/jedi academy on raspbian stretch pi2

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:48 am

Just tried this out, works beautifully. Strangely enough, I found it's more stable using *less* vram. I'm floating at 128mb assigned to GPU with resolution at 640x480 and textures and polys set to medium and it's running pretty great at ~35 FPS or higher in Single Player. I can't wait to play more and tweak it a bit but gotta head to bed.

pinilpypinilpy

Re: openjk/jedi academy on raspbian stretch pi2

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:51 am

Update: I got dhewm 3 to run at around 20 fps, but the lighting doesn't work properly. (shader problem?)
if anyone wants instructions I can post them.

Return to “Gaming”