dylaner21

Looking for a Nes Emulator for direct CLI Run

Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Hey there! :)

Iam trying to install a NES emulator that can run directly from a RasPi +A model's COMMAND LINE Mode, completly guiless, i tried fceux since i can boot it using command parameteres but it wont work without the proper display mode.

So, Quick Question: Could one of you guys point me a NES Emulator that can work from a Debian8 (Jessie) Raspberry (which is what im using) or any other minimal image '?'

btw, I'am currently without a internet wireless adapter, yet im kinda used to installing all the dependencies manually.. so bring it on!
Thanks you for your time!!

ali.soltani

Re: Looking for a Nes Emulator for direct CLI Run

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:31 am

I am not in this situation but I have an idea ...
Can you use retropie source to play up an emulator without bringing up emulation station on it?
Can you search for it?

Vanfanel

Re: Looking for a Nes Emulator for direct CLI Run

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:01 am

You just need to build and install RetroArch and a NES core, like FCeumm or Nestopia.
The sourcesfor both things are here:
https://github.com/libretro

My advice is that you do it as a learning exercise and take notes to be able to do it as many times as needed.
If you do it right, you can end having a WAY better emulation than commercial Nintendo offers, with less input lag than a Nes Mini Classic, and you will become an advanced GNU/Linux used in the process! It's win-win!
Everything from TTY command line, no X involved.
I used to have a RetroArch building tutorial but I got bored of it.

Return to “Gaming”