ali.soltani

using muse and keyboard on xbox one or playstation 4! (my first hack! and working)

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:53 am

hello every one :D
this is my first tutorial and has been made with mixing a lot of other projects
this took a lot of time to find out
you can use Cronusmax (~70$) or Xim4 (~120$) to do that but what about some thing from 6$ to 33$ ?
buying them is a huge waste of your money but a tiny save for your time (because running a xim4 is hard as runnig this)

(for making this we need usb/ttl converter and i have one ordered and in shipping so wait some time)

first we need:
  • 1:fully functional raspberry pi with raspbian and a fail safe power source (no matter what model you using , just can have keyboard and mouse and xb1/ps4 controller at the same time that means you must use a usb hub for zero ones)
  • 2:good keyboard and mouse
  • 3:one controller(ps4/xb1) and a foolish game console(ps4/xb1)
  • 4:some jumper wires
  • 5(last dash!):USB to TTL converter
and we need:
  • 1:internet (no matter wifi or lan)
  • 2:having some time to make
first prototype was made by a lot of converters and a atmega 32u (I am steel felling brain noise about how a load of wires started to work!)

:!: warning: I am not in charge here that means if you damaged your console/rpi for any reason , YOU done that not me! :twisted:
and if you do this as I post here you can not harm your rpi/console !

next post is were i got my usb/ttl converter and we doing this by pictures step by step! :)
pm me for more information about this.

Imperf3kt

Re: using muse and keyboard on xbox one or playstation 4! (my first hack! and working)

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:14 pm

Ps4 (and PS3, PS2) and all xbox models support mouse and keyboard natively? Just plug them in?

Even the OG Playstation had a proprietary mouse peripheral.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Mouse
Stop plugging your fan directly into the GPIO 5v
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/power/transient-suppression.html

ali.soltani

Re: using muse and keyboard on xbox one or playstation 4! (my first hack! and working)

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:16 am

not for xb1, for playing fps we are not allowed to use the mouse and it is not supported for xb1, just keyboard is active and it is only for writing messages.
what I made is a mouse and keyboard simulated as Xbox one controller.
ps: normally the mouse and keyboard for consoles is more expensive than a normal one with a rpi3
(sorry if I can't send my meanings because English is not my mother language.) :oops: :( :cry:

groggo

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:31 am

It's a nice hack, but I believe there is mouse/kb support for both xbox one and ps4.
Last edited by groggo on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ali.soltani

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:28 pm

groggo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:31 am
It's a nice hack, but I believe there is mouse/kb support for both Xbox one and ps4.
thanks! :D this makes Mario so happy!
yes for ps4 there is one but my Xbox doesn't support mouse on games, instead, it does support a keyboard for chatting but not gaming at both 360 and one version(absolutely they isolated keyboard and controller players)
playing fps on the controller sucks and lots of people doing this :twisted: , this can be a jump for your performance at gaming.
some people made devices like cronusmax, Xim4 , titan blah blah blah but they are expensive as hell
someone created a program called gimx (this is a nice one) some people by using Arduino devises, teensy USB kits and lots of junk made it.
but I want to do this with only just a raspberry pi 3 and a USB to TTL converter device.
I told you that this is a mixed tutorial based on different tutorial(if I post it :lol: slow shipping area :( )
it punches down the price a lot
and the gimx program is opensource so you can add some micros like rapid fire without touching your controller(gonna work on it later).

Imperf3kt

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:37 pm

While its probably nice, it violates both Microsoft's and SONY's TOS agreement. You risk being banned from XBL and SEN by continuing.

Also, mouse only works on games where it has been specifically added as an input method. Its not that your mouse isn't supported, its that the games you are playing have blocked mouse use.

ali.soltani

Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 am

it is impossible to get banned because it needs controller connected and gimx is using its behavior
but for pro players, fast aiming is easily detected (they may find out but not Xbox live!) lots of players doing this! :twisted:

Imperf3kt

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 pm

ali.soltani wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 am
it is impossible to get banned because it needs controller connected and gimx is using its behavior
but for pro players, fast aiming is easily detected (they may find out but not Xbox live!) lots of players doing this! :twisted:
Nobody said you wouldn't get away with it, what was said is you risk being banned (if caught)

ali.soltani

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:06 am

Hey guys.
Sorry about taking to long :cry:
I have some technical issues with drivers
And gonna use a Atmega 32u
Any way...
You guys doing better with a youtube video or a pdf or pictures here?

Neil_Hines

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Wow didn't know about it friend we can connect mouse and keyboard with our gaming console.

ali.soltani

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:23 am

yes buddy :D
with a U series of atmega### microcontroller and a raspberry pi
working on it but I don't have much time to do that.

ali.soltani

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:54 pm

finally ...
I got my new and working Arduino pro micro
after some test prototypes, this will finally work
going to make a video ...
does anyone have a youtube channel to share it from me? :)

technix12

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi Ali, I m very interested with your project. Could you poste how I can make one please ?
Thank you

Plastered

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:33 am

Did you ever get this working? I'd like to try it out. Been looking into something like this myself.

ali.soltani

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Hello Plastered
I don't know if you know about education in Iran but there is a big test going on every where in Iran that we call it "کنکور" (" kon-koor")
And the only way to enter into a university is a good grade on it.
I have been preparing myself into this for a year and I am really sorry for that I couldn't post anything here.

If you want to do this search for something called "gimx" the (game input multplexeerrazxpx) or whatever it is.
The diy gimx adapter is mostly close to my project.
If you be smart you will find out how to do it.
You (and everyone else) if are interested in to contact me or you have problems in it :
You can contact me with:

Ali_soltani2000 (telegram app/web) mostly seen by me
[email protected]

Ger_Pa

Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:40 am

Techmen wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:01 am
Does anyone have an idea about how to connect Xbox One controller to PC?
It doesn't belong here, quite off topic..... But here you go https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on- ... ller-to-pc

Rodney_Rhodes

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:02 am

I didn't know we use mouse and keyboard on our gaming console thanks for your suggestion.

Return to “Gaming”