Hey JohnnyDub, sorry you never got an answer to this in the past 9 months. For you or anyone else who comes across the same problem I have the following thoughts on troubleshooting:JohnnyDub wrote: ↑Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:33 amDoes anyone know whats wrong. I tried everything..rebuilding a secound time..no errors. Now I'm considerably pissed.
Code: Select all
MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information R_InitContext(): Got an OpenGL version 0.0 context - need (at least) 1.4! ref_gl::R_SetMode() - invalid mode ref_gl::R_Init() - could not R_SetMode() ERROR: Loading ref_gl1.so as rendering backend failed! ...
• Did you remember to run sudo raspi-config and enable the full OpenGL driver with KMS? (Included in spidey57's original instructions, but could have been missed in all the followup.)
• Confirm that the kernel module loads on boot. Run lsmod | grep vc4
• Check if it user software can see it by running sudo apt install mesa-utils, check glxinfo for version 1.4 or higher, and confirm you're getting 60 fps if you run glxgears. Unfortunately there's a lot that can still go wrong with the graphics driver ranging from a patched kernel to the wrong hardware.
• Among the latter requirements, can you confirm you're testing on a Pi 2 or newer? Full OpenGL is not supported on the Pi 1 or Zero.
• Don't use BerryBoot, which mandates the legacy driver.
• When all else fails there's rpi-update which updates the kernel, firmware, and VideoCore blobs.