gadgetoid

iControlPad2 - Bluetooth gaming-controls/keyboard

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:47 pm

For those who haven't heard of the iControlPad, this is the sucessor to that moderately successful, and oft-cloned indie mobile gaming controller. It features a 5-row keyboard, in addition to dual analogue controls.

Possibly the holy-grail for the Pi, and should be awesome for media controls, too. Hit up the kickstarter page here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170 ... controller

gadgetoid

Re: iControlPad2 - Bluetooth gaming-controls/keyboard

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:49 pm

A video with fixed sound is now up on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3uKuZq7yBM

alfredzy

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Sorry to say, but I was really disappointed about the iCP 1. I had one, used it with BluTrol, iCade and the Mac. Controller felt cheap and ended up as catching dust. The iCP 2 doesn´t seem much more comfortable. And why would you want this for the Pi? Only real use is Media Centre but then there´s better solutions for that.

Just my 5 cents. Cheers!

stainy

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:05 pm

This looks good :)

panik

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:00 am

I think this is brilliant. My USB-ports are occupied with a keyboard and a Playstation 2 controller (with USB converter) most of the time, but I sometimes like a mouse as well. An iControlpad2 will replace all three of them with just 1 USB bluetooth adaptor, thus freeing up 1 USB port to use for whatever. My Raspberry Pi is a couple of meters away from where I sit, and most typing is done through ssh, with an occasional short command on-site.

The analog controls and D-pad are the same as on the Open Pandora handheld, and I've been bashing away on those for almost 2 years now. They're rock solid. The kickstarter project is 81% funded with 7 days to go at the moment. I really hope it gets funded.

Also, open source firmware. It could be a *anything*. :D

Return to “Gaming”