UglyMike

Re: DraStic DS emulator for RPi 2/3 - beta testers wanted

Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Right, I started playing with Retropie and as a customer of the Android Drastic, I was very happy to find Drastic available under Retropie. Everything installed great, I copied over some ROMs and they start op OK till the title screen.
That is the extent of it however. My Bluetooth connected Moga Hero Pro, although working ok under eg MAME seems to have issues with Drastic. The right hand analog stick correctly starts the config menu, the upper left analog stick moves the virtual stylus as expected, but I'm unable to press enter, OK, stylus down meaning I never can get past the title screen. (not with keyboard either)
Anybody has any idea what I'm doing wrong or how I can debug my problem? :(

Exophase

Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:48 am

Hi everyone, I wanted to give an update on this.

Honestly, I was being kind of impulsive and didn't really think things through when I posted a link to the (until then private) beta on the Pandora forums. I didn't really prepare for a larger scale public release, which has been a bit of a setback, but only a minor one. I decided to watch and see what came of it for a while, but I think I should be ready to work towards a proper first release again soon.

Over the weekend I hope to create a new sub-forum for the RPi version on the main DraStic forums at drastic-ds.com. There I'll be able to track bugs and feature requests specific to this version, and maybe other ARM Linux builds in the future.

Some of the things that have been reported so far should be pretty easy to fix. Others I'll need to look at. For things involving more proper integration with RetroPie or other frontends I may need more help, since I've only ever ran it from command line, usually over ssh. For right now I'll try to collect issues reported in this thread as well as the main thread on the RetroPie forum.

There was a question about SDL2 support earlier: it's totally feasible, I'm actually using SDL2 already on my x86 Linux build. I probably just need to make some updates to get it working on the Pi.

Retroboy69

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:34 am

Hi,
I'm having the black screen issue when I try to access Drastic config menu when I hit "M". Have you figured out the problem? Thanks

Return to “Gaming”