Deception

Could I play these games?

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Solved.
Last edited by Deception on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karrika

Re: Could I play these games?

Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:29 pm

According to Steam the recommended hardware for Starbound is:

Processor: Core i3
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Discrete GPU capable of directx 9.0c
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 4 GB available space

If you want to play Steam games I would fine-tune the laptop to get maximum gaming power out of it. It beats the Raspberry Pi 3. Especially as Raspberry Pi does not run Steam games.

13i11

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:05 am

:roll:

There are very few games that have a raspberry pi version. You can find open source implementations of certain classics such as Duke nukem 3d but you still need to own the assets to play them. Anything that runs on any pi needs to be compiled for ARM CPU and not x86.
Please refrain from asking the forum to assist you with "pirated" versions of any software.

Thank you

fruitoftheloom

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:40 am

Deception wrote:I ordered the Raspberry Pi 3 which is still on it's way, and went to pick up an SD card called SanDisk ultra PLUS MicroSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter, which is 32GB. Is this little computer strong enough to run: Terraria w/o mods, Starbound, and Minecraft Multiplayer? I know it seems weird and that I should just use a PC, but my custom gaming PC's motherboard fried, and my Toshiba laptop was bought in 2009.
Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M330 @ 2.13GHz 2.13GHz
Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.80 GB usable)
64 bit system with a Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD. I heard those are very very terrible :(
Terraria on my PC has sloppy frames, Minecraft could probably run, just in the lowest render ever, and Starbound I didn't even bother trying.
Will the Raspberry Pi 3 save me?
In the Gaming section where you posted is Posts relating to which games are playable.

viewforum.php?f=78

It would appear the games you want to play are not compatible with the Raspberry Pi Architecture..
Rather than negativity think outside the box !
RPi 4B 4GB (SSD Boot)..
Asus ChromeBox 3 Celeron is my other computer...

bensimmo

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:52 am

Those games don't cost a lot, pop along to GOG.com and get the DRM free versions of terraria and starbound, at least when they are on sale.

While some like starbound/terraria have Linux version but the Pi wouldn't do, Minecraft can be made to run, there is a long thread titled Minecraft.
The PC is where you need to be, it has the grunt to do it.
The laptops GMAs graphics will run it, just you'll need to cut back on things.
Minecraft runs well when you pull back some of the fancy stuff and you don't really notice after a bit.
Then buy a new motherboard, they can be had cheap to get you going, you don't need all singing and dancing boards.

Return to “Gaming”