Dedrik62

Raspberri Pie Gaming Console

Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:11 am

I am trying to setup a raspberry pi game console. I have set up my sd card with the retropie and emulation station. Now I need to figure out how to get the emulators and roms loaded and able to run on the raspberri pi. The walk through I was following gave two options one is transfer from wifi and the other was a longer process of installing them. It was not very clear on the wifi method. Can anyone help me to get it figured out? I have Windows 10 as my OS for my computer. It says to open the file manager and to hit \\retropie.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Raspberri Pie Gaming Console

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:14 pm

Dedrik62 wrote:I am trying to setup a raspberry pi game console. I have set up my sd card with the retropie and emulation station. Now I need to figure out how to get the emulators and roms loaded and able to run on the raspberri pi. The walk through I was following gave two options one is transfer from wifi and the other was a longer process of installing them. It was not very clear on the wifi method. Can anyone help me to get it figured out? I have Windows 10 as my OS for my computer. It says to open the file manager and to hit \\retropie.
Many random guides are out of date, first call should be the developers website:

https://retropie.org.uk
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

Raspigamer

Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:20 am

Dedrik62 wrote:I am trying to setup a raspberry pi game console. I have set up my sd card with the retropie and emulation station. Now I need to figure out how to get the emulators and roms loaded and able to run on the raspberri pi. The walk through I was following gave two options one is transfer from wifi and the other was a longer process of installing them. It was not very clear on the wifi method. Can anyone help me to get it figured out? I have Windows 10 as my OS for my computer. It says to open the file manager and to hit \\retropie.
I use a program called winSCP (https://winscp.net/eng/download.php)
Download the latest installer package and install it
Under Host name put the IP address of your raspberry pi
Enter the log-in credentials to your pi in the user name and password section (default is pi as your username and raspberry as your password)
I assuming that you already have roms downloaded but if you don't download some
Go to the directory ~/RetroPie/roms/ (WinSCP shows your computers files on the left and the raspberry pi's on the right)
In this folder are all of the emulators' rom folders installed on the OS
Find the system you are looking for (If you have trouble knowing which folder belongs to which emulator go to this page https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki and click on the emulator you are looking for in the sidebar and it should show the file path)
Just copy the Roms from your computer to their proper emulator and reboot your pi and they should show up in the list

Raspigamer

Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:24 am

Also don't worry if an emulator doesn't show up in emulator station. It will appear once you put a file into it

Return to “Gaming”