norris_309

editing fba2x.cfg

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:37 pm

Hi,

I'm having issues with joystick controls when using the pifba arcade emulator. (new retropie install)

I'm using an diy arcade joystick made with the zero delay encoder, this works fine on the other emulators, but a game I want seems to work properly only on pifba, but the joystick only works for left & right, not up & down!??!!)

I've read a bit & it seems the only thing to try is changing the controller config in the fba2x.cfg file.

Now i'm wondering how to go about editing this file.
I've found that the file is on the usb stick I've used to copy across roms, I've edited the file on a pc & then plugged the usb stick into the pi & let it sync. & rebooted

but it doesn't actually do anything, so wondering if this file is located somewhere else & needs to be edited (not the usb file)

Any help will be great

Higgy

Re: editing fba2x.cfg

Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:13 am

Hi,

I have been using PIFBA, as I believe it is the only 2-player Neo-Geo emulator. Once you get your head around the .cfg it is fine. Config is here:

/opt/retropie/emulators/pifba/fba2x.cfg or /opt/retropie/configs/fba/fba2x.cfg

You should be able to access and edit this file within the File Manger that is built into RetroPie. Or just plug in a keyboard and exit Emulationstation and type:

sudo nano /opt/retropie/emulators/pifba/fba2x.cfg or /opt/retropie/configs/fba/fba2x.cfg

Remember the keyboard commands for this emulator are in a slightly different format, so you for example if FIRE 1 is LEFT ALT, you need to know the keycommand, which will just be a 2 or 3 digit number. Ah, you probably have seen the instructions already if you have edited on a PC.

General info:
https://github.com/retropie/retropie-se ... Burn-Alpha

CameraGuyKurt

Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:27 am

Hi there,

I've built a similar arcade stick setup. A number of articles have all pointed me to the same solution, editing the fba2x.cfg file. I've looked up the corresponding key bindings in SDL_keysym and edited the file, but after I save my changes and reboot the Pi, the changes don't seem to apply. I've gone back to the fba2x.cfg to check, and my changes have been saved there... but once I get into a game the controls stay on the original default scheme.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks for your time.

norris_309

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi,
The fix for my issue was to add _1 to the config file:

#Joystick axis
JA_LR_1=0
JA_UD_1=3

As shown in the following thread.

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/351 ... rol-issues

I was having issues with the moving up & down in roms played Pifba.

I had to refresh my aging memory of how to edit files in vi but after that it worked a treat, I just opened the file in vi, edited & wrote the saves to file & all was good.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Gaming”