peter1simons

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi all I used the follow code to program a save state and a load state hot key on my usb snes controller:
(I added this to the ottom of the retroarch.cfg file)

Input_enable_hotkey_btn = "x"
Input_save_state_btn = "y"
input_load_state_btn = "z"

I used select as the enable Button and L for save and R for load

Once in the game hold the enable hot key button (select in my case) then press the save or load state button

BrianXP7

Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm having an issue with both images. The old image installs successfully but the emulators crash (exept Duke Nikem 3D) followed by a white blurred dot in the center while the new image had the Weston and Wayland preview that removes the packages libegl1-mesa, libegl1-mesa-dev, libegl1-mesa-drivers, and libgles2-mesa-dev (installing these packages causes an unmet dependencies message, attempting to remove Weston and Wayland and installing them still doesn't work). Also, sudo apt-get install -f doesn't work.

https://github.com/petrockblog/RetroPie ... issues/179

https://github.com/petrockblog/RetroPie ... issues/178

Sonny_Jim

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:14 pm

I've finally managed to get BasiliskII to start installing system 7, there's a bit missing from the instructions about decompressing the floppy images with stuff-it:
http://pimac.tumblr.com/post/5059186294 ... tor-on-the

If you read here, it says to decompress the image files with Stuffit:
http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/bas ... isk_images

NITROgaming

Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks Aloshi, sound is fine now, i plan on putting the pi in a ps2 with a 3.5" monitor though, HDMI is just optional, i am posting the project at my website for anyone who may want to make their own.
Visit my site at www.n2o1gaming.weebly.com to download my music and see some cool projects!

LazurWulf

ROM Folder Config?

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:41 pm

I can't seem to locate where the ROM Folder location is stored in configuration files.

I want to move the NES, SNES, etc ROM Folders to a USB drive. I can mount another drive and change the SMB share easily enough, but which config file tells the emulator to look in roms/NES, roms/SNES, etc.?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

petrockblog

Re: ROM Folder Config?

Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:18 pm

LazurWulf wrote:I can't seem to locate where the ROM Folder location is stored in configuration files.

I want to move the NES, SNES, etc ROM Folders to a USB drive. I can mount another drive and change the SMB share easily enough, but which config file tells the emulator to look in roms/NES, roms/SNES, etc.?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Please have a look at http://blog.petrockblock.com/forums/top ... #post-2005.
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com

milkmandan

Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:13 am

So I recently imaged my SD card with the newest RetroPie 1.6 BETA img, and everything for the most part seems to work fine. However, I have a few questions:

1. How do I go about re-setting up my controls for EmulationStation. When the prompts came up for the controls, I didn't push all the right buttons so I mapped it kinda funny. Anyway for me to redo that?

2. My video HDMI output is going to a 1080p monitor, however when emulation starts for any game, the screen is really small and seems to not be fullscreen. How do I fix that for all emulators?

3. Is there any way for me to return to the RetroPie set up script instead of re-imaging the SD card?

4. Does re-running the RetroArch config script overwrite my previous controller setup?

Aloshi

Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:29 am

1. "rm ~/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg".

2. If you can change your monitor to "stretch to fill" or a similar setting, do that (it's faster than having the Pi scale it up). If you can't, open ~/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg, and change all instances of "COMMAND=...runcommand 1..." to "COMMAND=...runcommand 2...".

3. Not sure, but I would guess it's there somewhere. Look for a RetroPie-Setup folder.

4. Depends on how you're writing it. If it's writing directly to the file through "retroarch-joyconfig -o configfile.cfg", then yes. If it's through ">", then yes. If it's through ">>", then no - it's appending to the file, so you'll have to remove old mappings.

milkmandan

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:18 am

Thanks a lot aloshi. almost everything is perfect however whenever i load up . gba games the emulator doesnt fully load. the screen goes black and then just goes back to emulationstation. i tried a variety of gba games none seem to work. any ideas?

Aloshi

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:34 am

Have you copied over the gba_bios.bin?

milkmandan

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:39 am

Aloshi wrote:Have you copied over the gba_bios.bin?
Dang it, I have not :(
I did not know that was a requirement.
Thanks Aloshi. Just shows how inexperienced I am, thanks for all your help.

milkmandan

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:50 am

so I copied a GBA BIOS file over to /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi/ and the gba roms folder, but it's still kicking me back to EmulationStation.
Am i suppose to place it somewhere else?

I attempted to load gpSP through the command line but I am getting the following error message:
./gpsp: error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Do I need to reinstall gpSP?

BrianXP7

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:25 am

milkmandan wrote:so I copied a GBA BIOS file over to /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi/ and the gba roms folder, but it's still kicking me back to EmulationStation.
Am i suppose to place it somewhere else?

I attempted to load gpSP through the command line but I am getting the following error message:
./gpsp: error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Do I need to reinstall gpSP?
It seems the gpSP binary from the binary archive is broken. It's solved when you compile it from source on your own or replacing it with a working binary here. Replacing it with the one from the official post seems a bit dirty so I recommend compiling it on your own under the RetroPie setup script. Luckily, it isn't a dependency issue as I originally thought.

Also, I reported the issue for you on GitHub.

Starlight

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi! First thanks for the great job you've done!
Secondly :) is that possible to run .gen files (megadrive Roms)?
I've tried to add .gen .GEN to the megadrive file extension part in the es_system.txt but can't get it work!
I mean I launch a game it try to start but black screen and then come back to the emulstation screen.
es_log.txt gives :

Code: Select all

...launch terminated with nonzero exit code 35584
I've tried the alternative launch command (retropie_setup.sh#L1723) following the issue #182. But I get pretty much the same thing.
es_log.txt gives :

...launch terminated with nonzero exit code 32512
I have to say that my Pi is a model B rev 2 (512Mb RAM split in 256/256) with a modest overclock (800Mhz CPU) and plugged to an old tv CRT screen by composite cable running the RetroPie 1.5 SD Card image (tried to install RetroPie-setup on a new Raspbian install at first but it was worst :)).
However snes emulator runs pretty fine (after changing the [...]/runcommand.sh 1 [...] by [...]/runcommand.sh 2 [...] :)). For the others emulators I haven't tried yet.

Edit: it seem's that is not a.gen problem I've tried to rename .gen in .smd or .bin or even try to put directly the .zip and it doesn't work either
--

May the Force be with us.

Starlight

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Ok so far I have clone the SDL12-kms-dispmanx into ~/RetroPie/supplementary/dispmanx/, then ./configure and make.
I have tried with the:

COMMAND=export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/dispmanx/SDL12-kms-dispmanx/build/.libs"; /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/dgen-sdl/dgen %ROM%
for the megadrive line in the es_system.cfg but that don't work (same problem try to launch the game, fail, and go back to ES screen). Any ideas?

By the way thanks for the quick response! :)
--

Aloshi

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:56 pm

Does it work if you run the COMMAND by hand (substituting in the path to a rom for %ROM% of course)?

Starlight

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:10 pm

Nop, when I do :

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/dispmanx/SDL12-kms-dispmanx/build/.libs" ; /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/dgen-sdl/dgen /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive/Toy\ Story\ \(E\)\ \[\!\].bin
I'v got a black screen and I can't do anything (except reboot via ssh).
--

dennisreneholm

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:45 am

dennisreneholm wrote:I have a problem with my Wireless Xbox 360 controllers.

I've got them set up using retroarch-joyconfig, and the controls work, but very often, the buttons hang, and i need to press another button to make it stop.

What can i do to fix this?

I've only tried PSX games, since i got NES USB controllers for my NES/GB/GBC/GBA games.

EDIT:
Just tried it on some super mario 3 on the NES, and there the xbox 360 seems unresponsive, and not acting on every button press.

Is there a frequency i need to set on how often the controllers send their signal or something?
i dunno, wild guess xD

Thanks in advance for your help ! Really loving this project!
Does anyone have a solution to this ?

ethernity

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:03 pm

I've got them set up using retroarch-joyconfig, and the controls work, but very often, the buttons hang, and i need to press another button to make it stop.

I've only tried PSX games, since i got NES USB controllers for my NES/GB/GBC/GBA games.

EDIT:
Just tried it on some super mario 3 on the NES, and there the xbox 360 seems unresponsive, and not acting on every button press.

Is there a frequency i need to set on how often the controllers send their signal or something?
i dunno, wild guess xD

I have the same problems if I use more than one XBOX Controller. For the moment I'm just using 1 XBOX Controller and it is important to just start one xboxdrv, then it works fine for me

bcolflesh

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Image 1.6 - error after installing xboxdrv:

EXT-fs error (device mmcblk0p2): htree_dirblock_to_tree:861: inode #8201: block 7351: comm find: bad entry in directory: directory entry access blocks - offset=0(0), inode=34734108, rec_len=30064, name_len=108 /home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/EmulationStation/emulationstation: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libvorbisfile.so.3: invalid ELF header

Where do I go from here? Stuck...

Aloshi

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:52 pm

That error would seem to suggest that your filesystem is corrupted somehow...

dennisreneholm

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:18 pm

ethernity wrote:

EDIT:

i dunno, wild guess xD

I have the same problems if I use more than one XBOX Controller. For the moment I'm just using 1 XBOX Controller and it is important to just start one xboxdrv, then it works fine for me
This was it!
Tried with 2 controllers first, but there was a small delay.
With 1 controller it works like a charm!

Guessing xboxdrv is to much for the pi to handle ?

teeth_03

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:00 pm

I haven't messed around with my RPI in a while, but the last time I did some months back, I knew there were a lot of control issues with emulators, mainly with 2 player games and getting the 2nd controller to work.

Keep in mind, I know how to configure and setup the system, but as an example, I could do 2 player Atari with certain games, but when trying to do a few 2 player SNES games, the controls would stop responding, like in Donkey Kong. I also could never get Mario All Stars to work past the main menu, even controller 1 would stop working.

Have these issues been fixed? It would be a shame if not, seeing as the RPI can emulate just fine, but being halted by control issues is saddening.

gzz

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Hopefully its not in the previous pages, but is there any way to set overscan? Im missing a lot of the screen when it runs. (for example, first time running it, I cant tell what Im setting my keys too, as the left side of the screen is missing data)

I have proper settings in my /boot/config.txt for ttys to look fine, but I guess once graphics mode is enabled, it messes up.

Or at leat tell me the order of the button setup? is it up, down, left, right then buttons or buttons first then directions? lol.

So any ideas?

oh and how does one re-run the button mapping?

Return to “Gaming”