skater_j10

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:46 am

petrockblog wrote:
jonwarner wrote: Also, using sdl and 44100khz helped with sound as people have reported - what got it working even better was setting the latency to 128 and turning off experimental audio.
It would be interesting to hear if others can also see performance gains with these settings!
I've been testing these new settings for the past couple days and they seem to be doing the trick. I've been testing with my worst offender, which was "The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse" (ROM for SNES) for a couple hours and I haven't heard a static pop or click yet! It used to happen right after the title screen and continue right on into the game, it sounded horrible, but not anymore. Thanks a bunch Jonwarner, you made my Christmas!

MrMonotone

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:18 pm

Petrockblog would you mind adding an option to include the experimental alsa driver Toad King has put on the RetroArch thread. I bet there is probably a way to get by itself but I dont know how. :P

petrockblog

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:32 pm

MrMonotone wrote:Petrockblog would you mind adding an option to include the experimental alsa driver Toad King has put on the RetroArch thread. I bet there is probably a way to get by itself but I dont know how. :P
I have added the possibility to use the alsathread branch of RetroArch as described by ToadKing.

As another "novelty" I have disabled the possibility to install pre-compiled binaries because Github disabled the ability to upload project related files.
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com

Aloshi

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:16 pm

To anyone trying to set up an exit button for RetroArch on an authentic controller, a solution has been found: http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.p ... 1065#p1065

The idea is to set a key that must be held to use hot keys (such as select) with "input_enable_hotkey_btn = 1" and then an exit key (such as start), which will now only work if the enable hot key button is held down, with "input_exit_emulator_btn = 2".

Thanks to MungoBBQ for pointing this out!

ed2013

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:43 am

Sorry if there is a solution for this but I'm getting the white dot when loading a game. I've tried changing the memory split to 192 and 240 in sudo raspi-config and overclocked to 900mhz. Duke3D is working fine (no sound) but prboom and Super Mario Kart are failing to load. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

ed2013

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Sorry for a double post. I'm also trying (but failing) to load the uae4all Amiga emulator. I have installed the emulator from the RetroPie setup script, yet it hasn't got a folder in /emulatorcores/, it has got a folder in /emulator/ however. I have the necessary kick.rom and three ROMs.

Could someone nudge me in the right direction on both this, and the above problem?

Would highly appreciate it.

Ed

Edit - Moved uae4all from /emulator/ to /emulatorcores/ and works perfectly.
Last edited by ed2013 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trixster

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Place the kick.rom in /RetroPie/emulators/uae4all/
Place you disc images in /RetroPie/emulators/uae4all/roms/

petrockblog

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:06 pm

I have updated the RetroPie script such that RetroArch uses the recently presented alsathread audio driver per default.

Thanks a lot to ToadKing for that!

cpowers

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:47 am

Getting stuck during installation.

Going on a model b 512, have RaspBmc installed, installing via ssh. Made a mistake last week and started it not knowing how long it would take and closed ssh, thereby leaving install unfished. i rm the retropie dir and retropiesetup dir. also factor in the fact i have only minimal linux experience.

Installed all new and all seems to be going ok but at the end i get a notification that emulation station was unable to compile. Obviously nothing happens when i type emulationstation. I tried re-installing just emulation station after a reboot, same error.

Attached is debug log.

If i need to 'uninstall' retropie what places to i need to delete?

Thanks!
Chris

RetroArch files:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root staff 1.3M Jan 5 17:42 /usr/local/bin/retroarch
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root staff 1.9K Jan 5 17:42 /usr/local/bin/retroarch-zip
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 15K Jan 5 23:37 /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

Active lines in /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg:
system_directory = /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/
video_driver = "gl"
audio_out_rate = 48000
audio_driver = alsathread
input_rewind = r
rewind_enable = true
rewind_buffer_size = 10
rewind_granularity = 2

Emulation Station files:
/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/EmulationStation/emulationstation does NOT exist.
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 3.7K Jan 6 10:02 /home/pi/RetroPie/../.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg
/home/pi/RetroPie/../.emulationstation/es_input.cfg does NOT exist.

Content of es_systems.cfg:
NAME=Atari 2600
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/atari2600
EXTENSION=.bin .BIN
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/stella-libretro/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/atari2600/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=22

NAME=Doom
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/doom
EXTENSION=.WAD .wad
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/libretro-prboom/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/doom/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=1

NAME=eDuke32
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/eduke32
EXTENSION=.grp .GRP
COMMAND=eduke32 %ROM%
PLATFORMID=1

NAME=Game Boy Advance
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gba
EXTENSION=.gba .GBA
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/vba-next/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/gba/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=5

NAME=Game Boy Color
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gbc
EXTENSION=.gb .GB .gbc .GBC
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/gambatte-libretro/libgambatte/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/gbc/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=41

NAME=Sega Game Gear
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gamegear
EXTENSION=.gg .GG
COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/osmose-0.8.1+rpi20121122/osmose %ROM% -joy -tv -fs
PLATFORMID=20

NAME=MAME
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame
EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/imame4all-libretro/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/mame/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=23

NAME=ScummVM
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/scummvm
EXTENSION=.exe .EXE
COMMAND=scummvm
PLATFORMID=20

NAME=Sega Master System II
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mastersystem
EXTENSION=.sms .SMS
COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/osmose-0.8.1+rpi20121122/osmose %ROM% -joy -tv -fs
PLATFORMID=35

NAME=Sega Mega Drive / Genesis
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive
EXTENSION=.smd .SMD .md .MD
COMMAND=dgen -f %ROM%
PLATFORMID=36

NAME=NeoGeo
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/neogeo
EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP
COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gngeo-0.7/src/gngeo -i /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/neogeo -B /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gngeo-0.7/neogeo-bios %ROM%
PLATFORMID=24

NAME=Nintendo Entertainment System
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/nes
EXTENSION=.nes .NES
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/fceu-next/src-fceumm/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=7

NAME=PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pcengine
EXTENSION=.pce
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/mednafen-pce-libretro/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/pcengine/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=34

NAME=Sony Playstation 1
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psx
EXTENSION=.img .IMG .7z
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/pcsx_rearmed/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/psx/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=10

NAME=Super Nintendo
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/snes
EXTENSION=.smc .sfc .fig .swc .SMC .SFC .FIG .SWC
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/pocketsnes-libretro/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/snes/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=6

NAME=ZX Spectrum
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/zxspectrum
EXTENSION=.z80 .Z80
COMMAND=fuse

Content of es_input.cfg:

Emulators and cores:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 652K Jan 5 21:25 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/fceu-next/src-fceumm/libretro.so
/home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/Genesis-Plus-GX/libretro.so does NOT exist.
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 805K Jan 5 18:12 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/libretro-prboom/libretro.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 310K Jan 5 18:01 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/libretro-prboom/prboom.wad
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 1.5M Jan 5 18:01 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/stella-libretro/libretro.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 290K Jan 5 18:32 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/gambatte-libretro/libgambatte/libretro.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 13M Jan 5 20:22 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/imame4all-libretro/libretro.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 2.5M Jan 5 22:11 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/pcsx_rearmed/libretro.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 3.6M Jan 5 21:54 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/mednafen-pce-libretro/libretro.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 970K Jan 5 22:42 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/pocketsnes-libretro/libretro.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 884K Jan 5 18:26 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/vba-next/libretro.so
/home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/uae4all/uae4all does NOT exist.

SNESDev:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 39K Jan 5 23:36 /home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/SNESDev-Rpi/bin/SNESDev

Summary of ROMS directory:
11M /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/eduke32
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/zxspectrum
20K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/atari2600
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/amiga
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gbc
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pcengine
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/snes
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gba
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mastersystem
468K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/zmachine
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ngpc
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/scummvm
140K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/nes
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psx
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gamegear
8.0K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/neogeo
320K /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/doom
12M /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/
12M total

Unrecognized ROM extensions:

Check for needed APT packages:
Checking for somelib: install ok installed
installed: libsdl1.2-dev
installed: screen
installed: scons
installed: libasound2-dev
installed: pkg-config
installed: libgtk2.0-dev
installed: libboost-filesystem-dev
installed: libboost-system-dev
installed: zip
installed: libxml2
installed: libxml2-dev
installed: libbz2-dev
installed: python-imaging
installed: libfreeimage-dev
installed: libfreetype6-dev
installed: libaudiofile-dev
installed: libsdl-sound1.2-dev
installed: libsdl-mixer1.2-dev

End of log file

komlev

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Could you guys tell me is there any way to keep roms in archives? They are taking too much space unarchived. Thanks.

TuKo

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi guys,

What would be the best practice to keep my RetroPie setup up to date, without trashing configurations and roms I've put on my Raspi ? I've built it from the github and dunno if updating it from the git and then reruning the setup will compile and update what has been done before.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Aloshi

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:18 pm

If I remember correctly, there is a script included with RetroArch designed for playing compressed games. I have no idea how it works, but it's possible you could configure ES to use the script and search for archives instead of ROM files (change the extension). I haven't heard of anyone trying this yet.

kalehrl

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:30 pm

petrockblog wrote:I have updated the RetroPie script such that RetroArch uses the recently presented alsathread audio driver per default.

Thanks a lot to ToadKing for that!
Could you please upload your latest binaries somewhere since github won't host ready-made binaries?
I downloaded RetroPieSetupBinaries_291112.tar.bz2 and RetroPieSetupThemes_241112.tar.bz2 but they don't include the latest improvements to sound.
Thank you

Stolen Goods

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:40 am

I attempted to install the whole default shebang, gave me an error saying that RetroArch, EmulationStation, and the Amiga emulator (not too worried about that though) failed to install/compile.

Here's the debug.log. Any help?

Code: Select all

RetroArch files:
/usr/local/bin/retroarch does NOT exist.
/usr/local/bin/retroarch-zip does NOT exist.
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 206 Jan  8 18:30 /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

Active lines in /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg:
system_directory = /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/
video_driver = "gl"
rewind_enable = true
rewind_buffer_size = 10
rewind_granularity = 2
input_rewind = r
audio_driver = alsathread
audio_out_rate = 48000

Emulation Station files:
/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/EmulationStation/emulationstation does NOT exist.
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 3.7K Jan  8 18:30 /home/pi/RetroPie/../.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg
/home/pi/RetroPie/../.emulationstation/es_input.cfg does NOT exist.

Content of es_systems.cfg:
NAME=Atari 2600
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/atari2600
EXTENSION=.bin .BIN
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/stella-libretro/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/atari2600/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=22

NAME=Doom
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/doom
EXTENSION=.WAD .wad
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/libretro-prboom/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/doom/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=1

NAME=eDuke32
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/eduke32
EXTENSION=.grp .GRP
COMMAND=eduke32 %ROM%
PLATFORMID=1

NAME=Game Boy Advance
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gba
EXTENSION=.gba .GBA
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/vba-next/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/gba/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=5

NAME=Game Boy Color
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gbc
EXTENSION=.gb .GB .gbc .GBC
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/gambatte-libretro/libgambatte/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/gbc/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=41

NAME=Sega Game Gear
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gamegear
EXTENSION=.gg .GG
PLATFORMID=20

NAME=MAME
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame
EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/imame4all-libretro/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/mame/retroarch.cfg %ROM%  
PLATFORMID=23

NAME=ScummVM
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/scummvm
EXTENSION=.exe .EXE
COMMAND=scummvm
PLATFORMID=20

NAME=Sega Master System II
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mastersystem
EXTENSION=.sms .SMS
PLATFORMID=35

NAME=Sega Mega Drive / Genesis
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive
EXTENSION=.smd .SMD .md .MD
COMMAND=dgen -f %ROM%
PLATFORMID=36

NAME=NeoGeo
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/neogeo
EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP
COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gngeo-0.7/src/gngeo -i /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/neogeo -B /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gngeo-0.7/neogeo-bios %ROM%
PLATFORMID=24

NAME=Nintendo Entertainment System
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/nes
EXTENSION=.nes .NES
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/fceu-next/src-fceumm/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=7

NAME=PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pcengine
EXTENSION=.pce
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/mednafen-pce-libretro/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/pcengine/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=34

NAME=Sony Playstation 1
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psx
EXTENSION=.img .IMG .7z
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/pcsx_rearmed/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/psx/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=10

NAME=Super Nintendo
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/snes
EXTENSION=.smc .sfc .fig .swc .SMC .SFC .FIG .SWC
COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/pocketsnes-libretro/libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/snes/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
PLATFORMID=6

NAME=ZX Spectrum
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/zxspectrum
EXTENSION=.z80 .Z80
COMMAND=fuse

Content of es_input.cfg:

Emulators and cores:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 652K Jan  8 16:26 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/fceu-next/src-fceumm/libretro.so
/home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/Genesis-Plus-GX/libretro.so does NOT exist.
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 805K Jan  7 21:39 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/libretro-prboom/libretro.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 310K Jan  7 21:30 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/libretro-prboom/prboom.wad
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 1.5M Jan  7 21:30 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/stella-libretro/libretro.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 300K Jan  8 16:04 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/gambatte-libretro/libgambatte/libretro.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 13M Jan  8 08:09 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/imame4all-libretro/libretro.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 2.5M Jan  8 17:04 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/pcsx_rearmed/libretro.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 3.6M Jan  8 16:50 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/mednafen-pce-libretro/libretro.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 970K Jan  8 17:33 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/pocketsnes-libretro/libretro.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 884K Jan  7 21:50 /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/vba-next/libretro.so
/home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/uae4all/uae4all does NOT exist.

SNESDev:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 39K Jan  8 18:30 /home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/SNESDev-Rpi/bin/SNESDev

Summary of ROMS directory:
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ngpc
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/zxspectrum
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gba
468K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/zmachine
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/amiga
11M	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/eduke32
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/nes
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/neogeo
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gbc
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/atari2600
320K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/doom
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gamegear
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mastersystem
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pcengine
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/snes
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/scummvm
8.0K	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psx
12M	/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/
12M	total

Unrecognized ROM extensions:

Check for needed APT packages:
installed: libsdl1.2-dev
installed: screen
installed: scons
installed: libasound2-dev
installed: pkg-config
installed: libgtk2.0-dev
installed: libboost-filesystem-dev
installed: libboost-system-dev
installed: zip
installed: libxml2
installed: libxml2-dev
installed: libbz2-dev
installed: python-imaging
installed: libfreeimage-dev
installed: libfreetype6-dev
installed: libaudiofile-dev
installed: libsdl-sound1.2-dev
installed: libsdl-mixer1.2-dev

End of log file
:U
Defeating the 6KiB profile image limit since 2013.
(Guess who and I'll change it to something else!)

petrockblog

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:40 am

cpowers wrote:Getting stuck during installation.

Going on a model b 512, have RaspBmc installed, installing via ssh. Made a mistake last week and started it not knowing how long it would take and closed ssh, thereby leaving install unfished. i rm the retropie dir and retropiesetup dir. also factor in the fact i have only minimal linux experience.

Installed all new and all seems to be going ok but at the end i get a notification that emulation station was unable to compile. Obviously nothing happens when i type emulationstation. I tried re-installing just emulation station after a reboot, same error.
The RetroPie Script is not tested on RaspBMC so that there might be missing some packages.

You can compile Emulation Station directly from the command line by changing to its directory in

~/RetroPie/supplementary/EmulationStation
and typing

make
What error message do you get then? The error message should point you into the direction of the problem.

To uninstall RetroPie you can simply delete the folder ~/RetroPie.
Last edited by petrockblog on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

petrockblog

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:43 am

kalehrl wrote: Could you please upload your latest binaries somewhere since github won't host ready-made binaries?
I downloaded RetroPieSetupBinaries_291112.tar.bz2 and RetroPieSetupThemes_241112.tar.bz2 but they don't include the latest improvements to sound.
Thank you
Maybe someone has an idea where I could upload the binaries in an easy way (best case: from the command line). Also, the uploaded files must be downloadable by the wget tool.

petrockblog

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:53 am

TuKo wrote: What would be the best practice to keep my RetroPie setup up to date, without trashing configurations and roms I've put on my Raspi ? I've built it from the github and dunno if updating it from the git and then reruning the setup will compile and update what has been done before.
One way would be to rename your RetroPie folder to, e.g., RetroPieBAK and then let the RetroPie Setup script install everything again. Afterwards, you can move your roms folder back into the newly created RetroPie folder. You would also need to copy the BIOS files into their corresponding directories (in case you use them). If you have made specific changes to retroarch.cfg, you also need to insert these into ~/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg.

petrockblog

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:59 am

Stolen Goods wrote:I attempted to install the whole default shebang, gave me an error saying that RetroArch, EmulationStation, and the Amiga emulator (not too worried about that though) failed to install/compile.
Are you using RaspBMC or Raspbian as distribution? The RetroPie script is not tested on RaspBMC and there might be some packages missing.

You could change to the RetroArch folder in

~/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch
and call

./configure --disable-libpng
make
sudo make install
The error message could give you a hint about the problem or you can post the error message here.

kalehrl

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:13 am

Maybe someone has an idea where I could upload the binaries in an easy way (best case: from the command line). Also, the uploaded files must be downloadable by the wget tool.
Mediafire is a good choice but I don't think you can upload to it using a command line.
You can log in using facebook or twitter account and the speeds are quite good even for free users:
http://www.mediafire.com/

petrockblog

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:26 am

kalehrl wrote:
Mediafire is a good choice but I don't think you can upload to it using a command line.
You can log in using facebook or twitter account and the speeds are quite good even for free users:
http://www.mediafire.com/
Thanks for that suggestion!
However, Mediafire does not allow to use download tools like wget, see also http://superuser.com/questions/312305/d ... using-wget.

kalehrl

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 am

Could you just put links here in this thread?

petrockblog

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:18 am

kalehrl wrote:Could you just put links here in this thread?
I could do that, but before that I still need to upload the binaries somewhere.

petrockblog

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Dropbox has a 20GB/day limit (https://www.dropbox.com/help/45), but that should be enough I hope.

Unfortunately, I can take care for that not before the beginning of February.

JoshTheBlack

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:38 am

petrockblog wrote:
cpowers wrote:Getting stuck during installation.

The RetroPie Script is not tested on RaspBMC so that there might be missing some packages.

You can compile Emulation Station directly from the command line by changing to its directory in

~/RetroPie/supplementary/EmulationStation
and typing

make
What error message do you get then? The error message should point you into the direction of the problem.

To uninstall RetroPie you can simply delete the folder ~/RetroPie.
When attempting to compile emulationstation via this post, I get the following error: fatal error: GLES/gl.h: No such file or directory.

Return to “Gaming”