Aloshi

Re: EmulationStation - an emulator front-end

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Extremely close, currently only waiting on someone else to make an SD card image (so you don't have to wait 2-3 hours to compile ES and SDL2).

Royenroy

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Thrilled to see the update list. kutgw ^^

Warhol

Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:45 am

Hi,

I'm sorry, I'm totally noob, but I don't understand how to have sounds with Retropie 2.6 on my Rasp 2 ..

I already went to the config blue menu (by the "sudo raspi-config" command), I went to the section 8 and then to "Force audio ..", I selected HDMI, but nothing changes..

I read everywhere I had to go here: /boot/config.txt; to change something, but I don't understand how I should do .. where do I enter this command :
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
?

Please, I really need help ..

LittleJoe

Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:59 am

Warhol wrote:I read everywhere I had to go here: /boot/config.txt; to change something, but I don't understand how I should do .. where do I enter this command?
Depending on what HDMI mode is being used, uncommenting hdmi_drive=2 in /boot/config.txt will solve your problem.

At the terminal prompt, type: sudo nano /boot/config.txt

Then remove the pound sign in front of hdmi_drive=2. Press Ctrl+X in order to quit the nano text editor. (Make sure to save your changes!) Then reboot the Pi and try launching a game (or play a sound file) to see if sound over HDMI now works.

Warhol

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Thanks for helping me,

I tried what you said, but now retropie doesn't boot anymore .. :(

Edit : After a hard reset, it works !!!

Thank you very much !!

Return to “Gaming”