gzz

Re: PCSX-ReARMed on Pi

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:06 pm

I guess there are bugs with the gles plugin?

I can get it to compile, by going into the plugins/gpu-gles dir and editing Makefile so it has

CFLAGS += -I$(PREFIX)include -I/opt/vc/include -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads/
LDLIBS += -L$(PREFIX)lib -L/opt/vc/lib

but once selecting it in pcsx, no graphics are shown and in the console you get "Warning: GPU_open returned -1"

:-(

And sound is weird, it'll work, but then not work, and if its working and you go into the menu, it stops working, etc, blah.

transcendtient

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm having a hard time getting my bios dump to work and have to use the HLE bios.
Is anyone having any success running something other than HLE?

gzz

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:57 am

transcendtient wrote:I'm having a hard time getting my bios dump to work and have to use the HLE bios.
Is anyone having any success running something other than HLE?
If you mean the little status line pcsx prints out at the top? Mine always says HLE as well, even if a bios is chosen in the options screen.

Now I can run a bios from the run bios option, but it runs it slowwww..

transcendtient

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:05 pm

No man every time I select a BIOS other than HLE it locks up and I have to ^C and restart.
I also compiled this on a minimal image and on the official image with the same setup and different results. (Used notaz's git, ./configure, and make only)
I got crappy poppy audio on the minimal image and great audio on the official image.
All my video plugins work, the HLE works better than all but peops, which is similar.
So has anyone gotten a BIOS to load?
I've heard a few that said they have, I just wanted to know if there was some extra step or something I don't know.
I just know that's the only thing between me and FFT, and I need me some tactics.

gzz

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:55 pm

The gles plugin works for you as well?

I can select bioses, but like i said, in my case, the top text still says HLE, I even save the bios option into the global config, but still defaults to HLE. (and yes, I have the .bins in the bios dir)

Nice youre getting great audio, my audio is flakey at best. Sometimes works, sometimes doesnt, and screen is usually full of audio buffer errors. Im new to the pi, but im guessing its just the sound driver isnt still the best.

transcendtient

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:10 pm

No that plugin is disabled by default when you run ./config because it's buggy from what I hear.
So I don't have that plugin installed.

pluto7777

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:58 am

>No man every time I select a BIOS other than HLE it locks up and I have to ^C and restart.
I'm having this problem too. I'm running 2012-09-18-wheezy-raspbian. I used --sound-drivers="sdl" during configuration. The HLE BIOS apparently doesn't like Street Fighter Alpha 3 and I really need to use the real thing.

crookedmouth

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:23 pm

I just tried loading a different bios and ran Street Fighter Alpha 2 and it locked up also. I know it is not Alpha 3. It doesn't say anything different just freezes.

I have no pcsx.cfg and I also can't save my config or anything I believe. It fails to load config every time.

welshy

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 pm

crookedmouth
I was doing some testing (For a request on an unrelated subject) and found SFA3 plays FINE with Bios - SCPH1001.BIN (As described, it just "hangs" on the loading screen with the HLE version!)

ALL
I DIDN'T use the Binary, just complied from source using - notaz-pcsx_rearmed-r15-14-gaf044cb.zip
As previously suggested here -
Using - 2012-09-18-wheezy-raspbian
Dependencies Required - libsdl-1.2-dev & libbz2-dev
./configure --sound-drivers=sdl
make

I have encountered NO ISSUES as described above (Poor Sound, won't accept BIOS etc)

Just one other thing, as it has NO INBUILT INSTALL command, if you MOVE the executable pcsx into usr/local/bin it works FINE (That way, you DON'T have to keep "CD" ing into its folder!). If you also migrate the “skin” Folder (NOT the Shortcut!) there, you still get the nice “PCSX” background!

Hope that helps everyone!
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

Uplift

Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:47 am

Is there any way to improve the speed of PCSX-ReARMed?

Most games i've tried work great but they aren't full speed, just slightly slower than they should be, when i tested a MAME emu (tekken-ps game) on my iphone 5 i could use 'frame skip' to improve the framerate.. can this or something else be done on the Pi?

man247

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Thanks for all the information. I tried compiling the latest source and get a fatal error "vchost_config.h no such file or directory". Moving
/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux/vchost_config.h
into
/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads/vchost_config.h
compiles without error.

Is there a way to make the screen larger?

Oleg

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:49 am

Hi!
On my Raspberry Pi RaspBMC is set. When I from the console launch PCSX_ReARMed (http://blog.sheasilverman.com/2013/04/f ... -binaries/), there is "libSDL-1.2.so.0" error.
My actions: "sudo apt-get install libsdl-image1.2-dev: armhf libsdl1.2-dev libslang2-dev: armhf".
Now, when I launch PCSX_ReARMed, I have only a black screen with the frozen cursor of a mouse above.
Any ideas?
P.S. Excuse me for my English.

Return to “Gaming”