Zalkiaent
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:02 pm

Anyone thought about undertale on raspi?

Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:18 am

I was just wanting to give some programmers an idea for something that I thought would be awesome! 8-)
-Zalk

User avatar
PokeEngineer
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:19 pm
Location: United States

Re: Anyone thought about undertale on raspi?

Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:34 pm

I have done all I can do, and I have came to the conclusion that the Pi does not have enough RAM...
Don't sweat it.
When in doubt, take a BYTE out of life.

8-)

BenDark
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Anyone thought about undertale on raspi?

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:33 pm

So, if the Pi had 4 gigs of RAM, could it work?

ptitSeb
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Re: Anyone thought about undertale on raspi?

Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:06 am

I'll do a shameless plug here: I am able to launch the linux x86 version of Undertale on a Pandora using Box86 and gl4es (I assume gl4es may not be needed on RPi if using the mesa OpenGL driver). Did you try that way (it's a bit too slow on the Pandora, because the 1Ghz CPU is too weak, but I guess an RPi2 or better should run it without issue, and it runs fine on an Odroid XU4).

BenDark
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Anyone thought about undertale on raspi?

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:05 pm

ptitSeb wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:06 am
I'll do a shameless plug here: I am able to launch the linux x86 version of Undertale on a Pandora using Box86 and gl4es (I assume gl4es may not be needed on RPi if using the mesa OpenGL driver). Did you try that way (it's a bit too slow on the Pandora, because the 1Ghz CPU is too weak, but I guess an RPi2 or better should run it without issue, and it runs fine on an Odroid XU4).
So, are you are saying that the CPU and GPU is fine for a Pi 4, so all it needs is a good amount of RAM? My Pi 4 kit is arriving soon, so I will soon be able to test it for myself.

ptitSeb
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Re: Anyone thought about undertale on raspi?

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:52 pm

BenDark wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:05 pm
ptitSeb wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:06 am
I'll do a shameless plug here: I am able to launch the linux x86 version of Undertale on a Pandora using Box86 and gl4es (I assume gl4es may not be needed on RPi if using the mesa OpenGL driver). Did you try that way (it's a bit too slow on the Pandora, because the 1Ghz CPU is too weak, but I guess an RPi2 or better should run it without issue, and it runs fine on an Odroid XU4).
So, are you are saying that the CPU and GPU is fine for a Pi 4, so all it needs is a good amount of RAM? My Pi 4 kit is arriving soon, so I will soon be able to test it for myself.
I'm saying, you should try with box86 too. I have notice when I tried to mix a "runner" version with some data, that sometimes, when engine & data are not in sync, the engine can do some weird things, and create an FBO for each frame, saturating the graphic card quickly and giving a white frame after a few seconds.
So my point is that the hack of using the RPi specific "runner" to launch Undertale data may not work, and that using box86 to launch the full x86 version of Undertale (or using Exagear if you have a licence), mais work better, and can already work on RPi2/3.

Andyroo

Re: Anyone thought about undertale on raspi?

Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:20 pm

Please keep the thread to the Pi range of boards. The mods do delete posts / lock threads that are not Pi related.

ptitSeb
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Re: Anyone thought about undertale on raspi?

Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:24 am

Andyroo wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:20 pm
Please keep the thread to the Pi range of boards. The mods do delete posts / lock threads that are not Pi related.
Well, thanks for the warning. But this is 100% Pi related. Box86 is a software (https://github.com/ptitSeb/box86 ) that can be built and run on RPi.

ptitSeb
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Re: Anyone thought about undertale on raspi?

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 am

Here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNdMCQ_hyIU Undertale running on a RPi4, using Box86 (the video is not from me)

Return to “Gaming”