ThunderDragon683

Retropie on RPi Zero

Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:05 am

Greetings PROGRAMs!! After 2 years, I finally got back into this technological bakery and I am in need of a little assistance.

I recently got me hands on a Raspberry Pi Zero and Successfully installed Retropie 3.2.1. Now for the most part, it seems to be working except for a few issues; PC Engine ROMs are a tad wonky and some FBA and/or MAME ROMs, which are the right ones for my version, either do not work or they run rather slowly, i.e, MvC1.

As I stated before, my model is a RPi Zero running Retropie 3.2.1 and I have the ram split down the middle with 256MB dedicated to graphics processing. I don't think I should overclock it seeing is how it comes overclocked out of the packaging.

Any help is always appreciated. Thank you for your time.

welshy

Re: Retropie on RPi Zero

Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:17 am

ThunderDragon683 wrote:PC Engine ROMs are a tad wonky and some FBA and/or MAME ROMs, which are the right ones for my version, either do not work or they run rather slowly, i.e, MvC1.
How do you mean the PC Engine titles are a bit 'Wonky'?
If your running the Retro Arch Core of FBA it may be a performance issue as its not as fast as pudding/squids version of FBA because its not optimized specifically for the Pi. Additionally, CPSII (Link - http://system16.com/hardware.php?id=795) and CAVE 68000 (Link - http://system16.com/hardware.php?id=803&gid=2253#2253) are at the limits of what can be Emulated effectively on the Pi1. ROM issues, i'e games that don't run but should, is probably due to a missing ROM in the zip/folder which is a common problem/issue in Emulation, try another one from a different Website.
Hope that helps!
End of line.
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

ThunderDragon683

Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:53 pm

Hello and thanks for the quick reply. When I say wonky, I was playing Wonder Momo on PCE and in the intermissions betweeb gameplay, half the screen would be missing or garbled. I'll put up screenshots to further explain.

Thanks again!
End of line.

kryptalivian

Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:31 am

Are you sure it's over-clocked out of the box? I installed retropie on my zero and it was set at 700MHz since it's a raspberry pi 1 image. I ran sudo raspi-config and bumped it up to turbo.

Return to “Gaming”