g0nz0uk

C64 in Retropi (vice)

Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:44 pm

Hello,

I have setup the C64 in Retropie and have managed to get my old games load, however they have a huge black border around them and I want them full screen. I have go into the vice menu and played around with the video settings and nothing really changes. The C64 blue startup screen is full screen though, but no games are, any help for a beginner would be most appreciated.

Thanks

welshy

Re: C64 in Retropi (vice)

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:19 pm

g0nz0uk
‘The C64 blue startup screen is full screen, however the Games have a huge black border around them’
The reason for this is most Emulators attempt to replicate the original Hardware as accurately as possible. The C64 boots straight into the Basic Interpreter, the Dark Blue part is the ‘Accessible’ Screen, the Light Blue border is just that, a border i.e. Non accessible for the Screen Buffer. Although some later titles did use clever programming techniques to access this unusable part of the screen, most didn’t. So it is in fact displaying correctly!
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

janklein

Re: C64 in Retropi (vice)

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:50 am

Video Settings -> VICII border mode -> none. Save changes and enjoy the full screen without a huge black border!

Return to “Gaming”