hawsey

Re: RetroPie / KODI / Raspbian – Triple-Boot build

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:55 pm

infiniteloser wrote:So I keep getting an error about properties not transferring is that normal.
Is that once the build boots up on the Pi ?

infiniteloser

Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:48 am

Anyone else having problems using a wifi dongle. I have the Edimax wifi dongle and i cant get it to connect. It shows up in USB and my internet shows up at 100 % strength but i cant get it to connect. Thanks in advance

infiniteloser

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:34 pm

the properties thing has to do with dropbox

hawsey

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:05 pm

infiniteloser wrote:Anyone else having problems using a wifi dongle. I have the Edimax wifi dongle and i cant get it to connect. It shows up in USB and my internet shows up at 100 % strength but i cant get it to connect. Thanks in advance
infiniteloser wrote:Anyone else having problems using a wifi dongle. I have the Edimax wifi dongle and i cant get it to connect. It shows up in USB and my internet shows up at 100 % strength but i cant get it to connect. Thanks in advance
That's the same issue I had , Ethernet only unless the dev turns up I'm afraid :-(

hawsey

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:08 pm

infiniteloser wrote:the properties thing has to do with dropbox
New link sent :-)

webcruser

Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Hi -

New to both Pi and the forum, though I've been eyeing posts on Pi since I first heard about it a few years ago. The RetroPi / KODI / Raspbian build sounds like a great way to get a good idea about the Pi's capabilities. After a number of Google searches, I've been successful finding a slew of demo videos, but no actual links to a downloadable package. I hate to be a "me too," but it seems like the only way to access a package is through a private message link. If that's the case, could someone pass along a link? It's much appreciated.

One other newbie question: If this is all open source, how come the build isn't more openly available. Is it some Voldemort kind of thing where we have to instead refer to The Link Who Must Not Be Named?

Many thanks!

hawsey

Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:25 pm

webcruser wrote:Hi -

New to both Pi and the forum, though I've been eyeing posts on Pi since I first heard about it a few years ago. The RetroPi / KODI / Raspbian build sounds like a great way to get a good idea about the Pi's capabilities. After a number of Google searches, I've been successful finding a slew of demo videos, but no actual links to a downloadable package. I hate to be a "me too," but it seems like the only way to access a package is through a private message link. If that's the case, could someone pass along a link? It's much appreciated.

One other newbie question: If this is all open source, how come the build isn't more openly available. Is it some Voldemort kind of thing where we have to instead refer to The Link Who Must Not Be Named?

Many thanks!
I hope I'm not the Voldermort to whom you refer my friend :-)
The Developer who posted the build seems to be AWOL or he's working on a new build .
The only reason I shared the file I had on my PC was everyone was asking for it and as I'm not the dev I don't want to be publicly posting a link he may well have deleted on purpose ; so I see no harm in sharing via PM until we hear back from the dev of this amazing build 8-)
Pm sent ......

AikonCWD

Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:29 am

Hi guys,

I did something similar to this image, but I didn't installed triple boot. Every module can be launched without rebooting (Raspbian + Kodi + Retropie + Moonlight/Steam). I also added Moonlight to play PC games (Steam) from the raspberry. You can check my work here:

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=126203

The tutorial is written in spanish, but google-translator will help to understand all. You can see screens of how Kodi works, RetroPie and Moonlight (Witcher 3, Fallout 4, etc...). Also have Plex installed to get content from local streaming

Hope you like it :P
My e-mail = aikon.bcn@gmail.com

dez04

Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:52 am

Can someone please send me the link for the triple boot? Thanks!

hawsey

Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:50 pm

dez04 wrote:Can someone please send me the link for the triple boot? Thanks!
Pm sent

hawsey

Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:56 pm

AikonCWD wrote:Hi guys,

I did something similar to this image, but I didn't installed triple boot. Every module can be launched without rebooting (Raspbian + Kodi + Retropie + Moonlight/Steam). I also added Moonlight to play PC games (Steam) from the raspberry. You can check my work here:

The tutorial is written in spanish, but google-translator will help to understand all. You can see screens of how Kodi works, RetroPie and Moonlight (Witcher 3, Fallout 4, etc...). Also have Plex installed to get content from local streaming

Looks Great :-)

dez04

Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:49 am

Tried installing the triple boot and I keep getting an error at 7% that /media/usb/os/Raspbian_Triple-Boot/root.tar.x2 does not exist. Is this an issue with my MicroSD cards or did I do something else wrong? Thanks.

hawsey

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:04 am

It has worked for others no problem , try again and let us know .

topguncon

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:39 pm

Can some one PM the link please.

Thanks!

Skedone

Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:27 pm

can i have a pm too please

menuhin

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:49 am

The instruction looks great - I checked that out under Google translate.
You managed in the instruction there that all the settings are in Spanish:
"Custom settings for Spanish: Layout, Audio, Video and Subtitles"

I am a newbie to Raspberry Pi (not a newbie to Linux) and I do not understand Spanish. Do you think I can manage to change all these language settings to English with relative ease? Thanks!

AikonCWD

Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:32 pm

menuhin wrote:

I am a newbie to Raspberry Pi (not a newbie to Linux) and I do not understand Spanish. Do you think I can manage to change all these language settings to English with relative ease? Thanks!
It's easy. Only the "kodi" part is pre-configured in Spanish. Just burn the image on your SD card and boot it.
Kodi will appear, go to "SISTEMA" -> "INTERNACIONAL" -> "IDIOMA". Then you can select ENGLISH instead SPANISH. After that, reboot Kodi to apply English texts. Then start entering on every sub-menu (of the System main menu) and change every "spanish" into "english". You will spend like 3 minutes to complete all :)

I'm going to update my image, maybe I can make a fork for english users...
My e-mail = aikon.bcn@gmail.com

menuhin

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:18 am

AikonCWD wrote:
menuhin wrote:

It's easy. Only the "kodi" part is pre-configured in Spanish. Just burn the image on your SD card and boot it.
Kodi will appear, go to "SISTEMA" -> "INTERNACIONAL" -> "IDIOMA". Then you can select ENGLISH instead SPANISH. After that, reboot Kodi to apply English texts. Then start entering on every sub-menu (of the System main menu) and change every "spanish" into "english". You will spend like 3 minutes to complete all :)

I'm going to update my image, maybe I can make a fork for english users...
Thanks for your reply! The image boots well - and of course is all in Spanish.
I tried as what you've written, but led to a "failed to install English (US)" message:
Sistema -> Ajustes -> Apariencia -> Internacional -> (and then it has these settings)
Idioma [Spanish]
Region [Espana (24 horas)]
Conjunto de caracteres [Por defecto]
Distribuciones de teclado [Spanish QWERTY]
Pais del huso horario [Spain]
Huso horario [Europe/Madrid]

I tried changing Idioma from Spanish to English (US) and then press the [ENTER] key, here is what I got:
1. A quickly up and then gone message box probably telling me that the system is trying to install English (US) (?)
2. Another message box: English (US) - Ha fallado la installacion, asking me to press [OK]

Doing a reboot afterwards did not change the system language.

Perhaps I need to do some "apt-get install" to get some packages in the console while having my internet already configured?

[edit]
I finally made a WiFi dongle works with Pi 2 (sadly, wasting 3+ hours and I still can't get the dhcp works with it - stuck in 169.254.x.x IP address, and had to use a static IP). And everything started to make more sense now after switching the layout and language to English with automatically downloaded packages.
A few suggestions:
- perhaps try to always use the 'pi' account instead of the 'root' account for your image?
- perhaps add a section to your guide to startx and add applications such as libreoffice or gimp?
- perhaps also add vnc access service?

It is anyways a very nice image and I am still reading how to use the emulationstation. Thanks. :)

TheLerf

Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:57 pm

hawsey wrote:I have found a copy of this triple boot build , it works great :-)
send me a pm and I will share a Dropbox link for a short while .
I can not figure out how to pm you!

Bigjimslade

Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi there, could you please send me the link aswell, I have just joined the forum after searching for the triple boot build, and I can't send pm's yet :(

I8AllThePi

Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:26 pm

Would it be possible to get the link?
Building my own is killing my brain! :'-(

Smithers

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:07 am

Hi all.

I wasn't subscribed to this thread for some reason so didn't see all these posts.

I haven't gave up on this build, I am just waiting for RetroPie 4 to be released before I make any new multi-boot packages. It takes too long to create these to justify a new build for every beta version of RP (and I guess not everyone wants a full restart of their own build every time either!)

I removed the links to this and other builds due to the KODI content I included at the time - future builds won't contain any add-ons other than my partition switching scripts and will be available to download freely (i.e. no need for pm's etc.).

I have now subscribed to this thread so if you have any queries or suggestions then please let me know.

All the best.
Steve

Smithers

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:11 am

Oh and as for Wi-Fi issues in Rasbian - you would likely have to manually locate and install the driver's for your dongle in my old build however Jessie seems to have better suport out of the box for Wi-Fi dongles, as does OpenELEC 15.2. I didn't remove any functionality from any system, that is just the way it was for Raspbian at that time and I had to manually install my Wi-Fi dongle too.

Regards
Steve

Return to “Gaming”