narp

Is there a sequence of events to follow to get ROMs to load?

Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Hey folks, I cant seem to get roms to auto load very reliably. It worked initially, then when I tried to add more games i had to turn the system on/off a million times, insert/remove the usb stick a million times and then it finally worked. Now I'm trying to add some PSX games, but I cant for the life of me get them to transfer over. Is it because they're psx games? Is there a specific sequence of events I have to follow to get them to auto load? I dunno what to do! Thanks!

13i11

Re: Is there a sequence of events to follow to get ROMs to l

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:31 pm

First off, what are you using. I'm gonna guess and say retropie but I could be wrong and the steps necessary vary greatly depending on how your trying to play Roms.
If you are using retropie have you run RetroPie-setup.sh?
I'll take a stab at advice just need more info on your setup.
8-)

narp

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:55 pm

I'm using retropie 3.0. I cant get these damn psx games to transfer! It's crazy. I dont recall there being any kind of setup so I guess I havent ran it? I dunno, 3.0 seems different from the other versions so who knows.

13i11

Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Sorry for the delay on response been busy with work. How are you attempting to transfer the files? Have you expanded the file system on the sd card? This video on youtube has the steps necessary to make sure you have everything setup before attempting to transfer files.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySoTQhQqZdI
And here is one that is more PSX specific,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6-VOCyDoTc
Hope that helps :D

narp

Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:01 pm

Forgot to update; expanded the file system and that fixed it. I'm so dumb.

Return to “Gaming”