PhillyFromNL

Re: Uae4arm: Amiga emulator with JIT and DispmanX

Sat May 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Haemogoblin wrote:I'm a little confused, when you say keyboard fix. Do you mean this attached file now used the ctrl key for the menu?

Cheers

PhillyFromNL wrote:
Trixster wrote:Cool, thanks for the upload.

The JIT2 binary seems to make sysspeed go a little crazy as it now reports 650Mips and 11.23MFlops, Sysinfo now reports 138.5Mips and 7.14MFlops. The old JIT1 binary reported 80Mips and 10MFLops in sysspeed, and in Sysinfo 85Mips and 6.48 MFlops. Games like AmiQuake and AmiQuake2 do seem a tiny bit faster but I think they're mainly floating point reliant. Starstruck doesnt seem any faster than JIT1 and it's still certainly not as smooth as an 80Mhz 68060. Doom is very fast (I'm using DoomAttack), it seems to have been given a big speed boost with fps well into the 20s an above. AlienBreed 3D II used to run pretty well but it's now turbocharged and runs as well if not better than an 060.

Your sdl binary is interesting. P96 doesnt seem to work properly but the sysspeed readings are now even higher - 1100Mips but only 8.73MFlops. Sysinfo gives 139Mips and 7.04MFlops.

for reference an 80Mhz 68060 gives 106Mips and about 40 MFlops in sysspeed.

All this is using a 1300Mhz Pi3 with core at 500Mhz and sdram at 600Mhz
Did fix the keyboard issue here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0305pma2eokuu ... ix.7z?dl=0

First fix is the pandora GUI/Keyboard port, if you want arrow keys you need to press right CTRL, menu is left CTRL.
Second fix is the Chips GUI/Keyboard port that i changed a little. The 060 option won't work anymore and menu is F12.
No, i was refering to my post at "Tue May 10, 2016 8:36 pm" where i compiled the jit2 version for raspberry without correct keyboard support...

Haemogoblin

Sat May 14, 2016 5:16 pm

Ah I see, pity :)
Blackadder: Right Baldrick, let's try again, shall we? This is called adding. If I have two beans, and then I add two more, what do I have?
Baldrick: Some beans

Haemogoblin

Sat May 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Paul, I finally got to try out the file you linked. The ctrl key works just as promised, however does the return key work for you? Because I was unable to get anywhere with Stunt Car. When I dropped back in the UAE4ARM 0.4, my return key went back to behaving as the Fire button.

Seems like since 0.5 came out, I'm having no joy at all. Everything has gone a bit weird, which is a damn shame as this was an awesome Amiga emulator. Taking it to Amiga meets really got people interested in the Rpi.

pawelkrak wrote:Hello Haemogoblin

This is last compilation (Chips 0.5 code) with working status led (n0rt0nthec4t) and my change with menu-gui key as F10. My project is A1200 PI ;). Please check.

Regards Paul

Code: Select all

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=71778607294004531512
Blackadder: Right Baldrick, let's try again, shall we? This is called adding. If I have two beans, and then I add two more, what do I have?

pawelkrak

Sat May 14, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi m8 ;)

Actually im out of my home for 3 weeks. When i back i will try to check and test everything (specially Stund Car Racer)

Regards Paul

Haemogoblin

Sun May 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Thanks Paul, do you think you could tell me how you configured the emulator to use the control key? It might be useful for others like myself, who are having problems since the changes.

neuro_999

Mon May 16, 2016 11:35 am

Some build with serial port emulatiion via gpios to play multiplayer games in two rpis? It will be awesome to play fire power or stun car racer with 2 raspberryes....

Haemogoblin

Mon May 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Agreed, it would be awesome or even if it could be routed through usb or Ethernet. I'm not really sure how Win-uae does it, as I've never tried a two player.

Used to lovec playing it linked on my A1200 :-)

My Amiga 600pi, which I run Uae4arm on. Has two rear USB ports. One I use for the mouse and the other for joystick. I do have two joystick ports on my keyrah, but until key mapping gets sorted, they're useless.

I just hope the config screen gets bound back to ctrl. So I can go back to enjoying the latest version of Uae4arm on my Amiga build.

GrethTom

Thu May 19, 2016 7:38 am

GrethTom wrote:Does anyone know how to turn debug mode on for UAE4ARM and where the output gets written to? I don't have a compiler so debugger is my next best shot at having a play with controller configs.
Hi all, I have made significant progress on custom controls with the joystick/joypad. It should mean you can configure buttons 0-5 (normally buttons A,B,X,Y,Ltrig,Rtrig) with any keyboard button. For the moment I am only looking to do this on Raspberry Pi as its the only one I can test on. Let me know if you want to test on another platform and I will send you the source files. All being well and not major hiccups in testing, should be posting it to GitHub for Chips review/approval by the end of the week.

Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers.

Higgy

Thu May 19, 2016 11:13 am

Nice work GrethTom, especially as you are looking at getting Chips to incorporate it. It is best just to have 1 version on the RPi.

It sounds like another feature people would like is a customisable 'menu' key. F12 is good for PC keyboard, but not if your using an original AMIGA keyboard & USB adaptor. Is that something your joystick button research could help with?

Thanks again.

GrethTom

Thu May 19, 2016 12:07 pm

Higgy wrote:Nice work GrethTom, especially as you are looking at getting Chips to incorporate it. It is best just to have 1 version on the RPi.

It sounds like another feature people would like is a customisable 'menu' key. F12 is good for PC keyboard, but not if your using an original AMIGA keyboard & USB adaptor. Is that something your joystick button research could help with?

Thanks again.
I can certainly have a look at it. Key is whether there is a config file in UAE4ARM system file we can use to make a custom override to the menu button. Once I've got the custom controls out and updated, I have a couple of other additions to look into regarding joystick/joypad controls.

farabove

Thu May 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Hi,

Nice project and it brings back some good memories, but I have an issue with screens proportions.
How do I get full screen with the monitors native resolution 1280x1024 ?

Chips

Fri May 20, 2016 7:13 am

In picasso or plain amiga mode ?
By default uae4arm shrink to 4/3 for a 16/9 but you can deactivate this shrinkby unchecking this option in the menu.
Last edited by Chips on Fri May 20, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farabove

Fri May 20, 2016 7:48 am

Chips wrote:In picasso or plain amiga mode ?
By default uae4arm shrink to 4/3 for a 16/9 but you can deactivate this thrink by unchekcing this option in the menu.
Thank you, I have totally missed that setting.
I am using Picasso with the uaegfx setting. But when I reboot the amiga the settings are lost.

GrethTom

Fri May 20, 2016 8:38 am

The update to custom controls has now been passed to Chips for review on GitHub. It has the following fixes:
- Updated custom controls so they should now work
- Hard coding of buttons 8 + 9 together to exit UAE4ARM as is a standard on many Raspberry apps

Chips

Sun May 22, 2016 4:43 pm

GrethTom wrote:The update to custom controls has now been passed to Chips for review on GitHub. It has the following fixes:
- Updated custom controls so they should now work
- Hard coding of buttons 8 + 9 together to exit UAE4ARM as is a standard on many Raspberry apps
I looked a little bit of your code and I'm not sure it's really appropriate...
From my understanding, pandora doesn't have any real joystick but his "joystick" are just keyboard key.
This "fake joystick" in handled using following example line (for up) dpadUp = keystate[SDLK_UP]

The return that was some lines below was added by me since it's really pandora oriented (we have real joystick on raspberry). Now by removing this return you bring back this management for everyone and I'm not sure everyone wants that.

Moreover it's still very "game console" oriented: you can customize any joystick button to any keyboard but not the opposite...

EDIT: is there any reason to have space key simulated by "Y" in pandora_gui.cpp (around line 1027) ? Why not using custom control ?

GrethTom

Sun May 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Hi Chips, thanks for reviewing my code and understand the concerns about moving away for base Pandora code. Let me step you through the process I came to this point.

Challenge:
- Currently Custom buttons do not work at all on Raspberry Pi version especially with Joystick (despite the options being there). This is much requested feature and one I would love to have working, so had a shot at it.

So I looked at using the Joystick.cpp to trap the joystick buttons. I managed to get logging working and what I found was, if you held the joystick button down, using SDL_JoystickGetButton, in the log it would not just show the button being pressed but continually being pressed and release some 5 times a second. I could not find a reliable way to trap a button press using that GetButton function without sending continual button press messages. Looking at SDL page for Joystick controls (https://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2. ... stick.html) it advises the following:
"While using the functions describe in this section may seem like the best way to access and read from joysticks, in most cases they aren't. Ideally joysticks should be read using the event system."

That got me thinking that Pandora.cpp already uses event trapping for keyboard input, could it work with Joystick button presses more cleanly, and it did. Using that and sending that button press to Pandora-gui.cpp was able to use the custom control logic which was already there with a bit of tweaking.

Your question on the Space key trapping. The default control scheme has the following 'A=Autofire, X=Fire, Y=Space, B=2nd' but Space doesn't work on Raspberry Pi so did a couple of changes as part of the update so that works as standard, certainly not required but if it mentions it listed, it should work ideally so not to confuse novice members who doesn't know what works and doesn't.

Appreciate all your hard work on this project Chips and wanted to try and lend a hand in making an excellent emulator, amazing. I had a couple more changes I was looking to develop (mainly Joystick controls in the menu system and special functions in the custom mappings, like launching menu, quit, load savestates, etc). Would appreciate you opinion and happy to work together, there may be a better way than the code I developed but please take a look at custom mappings along with joystick controls in menu, if I can play games without needing to touch a keyboard (like I do on the Atari ST Emulator) myself and a number of other people here, especially those who use arcade machine style setup would be incredibly happy!

rSl

Wed May 25, 2016 11:35 am

wow! huge thanks for working on custom controls!!!
would love to see this fix in chips builds! :)

Haemogoblin

Fri May 27, 2016 7:42 am

That's some great work GrethTom!

The ability to map keys for joystick input would seriously be a welcome feature. As it would finally allow those of use with Keyrah interfaces the option of using the built in joystick ports. Which are mapped to the num pad and cusor keys.

As Higgy pointed out, if the intention is to keep the config screen assigned to F12. Being able to assign a different key is something those of us with custom builds are going to definitely need. Otherwise we wont be able to use the uae4arm. I'm currently stuck using an old build for the simple fact that the new release is unusable on my setup. The change has essentially shut me out from any future updates.

pawelkrak

Sun May 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Hello Amiga Fans :P

Im back with Chip Git 0.5 with latest modifications. (keyboard for me working ok ( stunt car racer - ENTER ) and Joystick work properly connected to GPIO_DB9 )

What changed:

changed CTRL as GUI entry (was F12)
changed table68k
add led code by n0rt0nthec4t (thx) for Keyrah V2 keyboard led - DF0 and HDD

Enjoy it :) :mrgreen:

http://www.filedropper.com/uae4arm_1

Unpack .rar and copy to /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4arm and change permissions to 755

Haemogoblin

Sun May 29, 2016 10:03 pm

Woop woop! I'll give this a shot! Thanks for doing this!

n0rt0nthec4t

Mon May 30, 2016 4:35 am

pawelkrak wrote:Hello Amiga Fans :P

add led code by n0rt0nthec4t (thx) for Keyrah V2 keyboard led - DF0 and HDD
I've done some more work on this, rather than a check box to use keyboard leds, make the misc page like winuae, drop down for which led and what function. I'll upload the change sources files later for anyone interested.

A general question, has anyone been able to key the capslock led working when you press the capslock key? Havent been able to with the retropie build or a straight install of raspbian

Also, can someone share their keyboard map for an A600 using the keyrah v2 (UK keyboard)

Thanks

Haemogoblin

Mon May 30, 2016 6:25 am

If you can wait, I'll do that for you. I'll get it mapped out.

n0rt0nthec4t

Mon May 30, 2016 8:13 am

Haemogoblin wrote:If you can wait, I'll do that for you. I'll get it mapped out.
That wou,d be great. Just haven't sat down myself to work that through.

n0rt0nthec4t

Mon May 30, 2016 10:43 am

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php ... 7702699745

Change to the led status code. now configurable (same as winuae). Power LED setting does not work as yet.

pawelkrak

Mon May 30, 2016 11:24 am

I found some trick:

setleds -L +caps< /dev/tty1 that work from console and lit Amiga CAPS LOCK on A1200 kybrd.

Return to “Gaming”