Methanoid

Re: Uae4arm: Amiga emulator with JIT and DispmanX

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:58 am

Will one of the UAE4Arm Pi ports (retroarch or original) soon be updated to the latest UAE4ARM

TomB updated UAE4ARM for Pandora

Changes:
- Disk images in zip files
- Support for rp9
- New mousehack code
- Picasso96: 8 bit color mode
- Max. Z3 mem now 128 MB
- Built-in AROS
- Bugfix: Press q in a textfield in GUI quits UAE4ARM
- bsdsocket.library

https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/thr...dsocket.77185/

There's one bit I am rather keen to see for Pi :D

escalade

Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:47 am

@Chips

Did you try the new XMB ui in RetroArch? It's quite useable, even good looking. It also allows for scraping ROM metadata and create nice icons for your games. If it's not to your liking, you can also skip the UI altogether and load the ROM directly ;) Anyway, I'm happy with uae4arm using GLES for the moment it works quite well.

I got R-Type's libretro-uae4arm compiled, but it segfaults right away.

PhillyFromNL

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Methanoid wrote:Will one of the UAE4Arm Pi ports (retroarch or original) soon be updated to the latest UAE4ARM

Changes:
- Support for rp9
- New mousehack code
- Max. Z3 mem now 128 MB
- Built-in AROS
- bsdsocket.library

Did a quick port of the new sources, i seem to messed up the picasso code a bit, all displaymode's are selectable (jncl. the new 8 bit ones) but i had to leave out the picasso palette part in order to compile it, so they all display black only ;).

Rest works, including the bsdsocket part, pretty fun using aweb on my RPI3..

Here's the exe:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9d4574ldd20jd ... 16.7z?dl=0

Gr,
Phil.

PhillyFromNL

Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:58 pm

PhillyFromNL wrote:
Methanoid wrote:Will one of the UAE4Arm Pi ports (retroarch or original) soon be updated to the latest UAE4ARM

Changes:
- Support for rp9
- New mousehack code
- Max. Z3 mem now 128 MB
- Built-in AROS
- bsdsocket.library

Did a quick port of the new sources, i seem to messed up the picasso code a bit, all displaymode's are selectable (jncl. the new 8 bit ones) but i had to leave out the picasso palette part in order to compile it, so they all display black only ;).

Rest works, including the bsdsocket part, pretty fun using aweb on my RPI3..

Here's the exe:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9d4574ldd20jd ... 16.7z?dl=0

Gr,
Phil.
Fixed all the picasso related problems, this version compiled without any errors, enjoy..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zerh8q78kzbe5 ... 47.7z?dl=0

Trixster

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:59 pm

Great stuff! But shouldn't there be a p96 800x600 resolution? I can see 640x400, 640x480, 1024x768 and some higher res ones but there's no longer 800x600.

PhillyFromNL

Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:32 am

Trixster wrote:Great stuff! But shouldn't there be a p96 800x600 resolution? I can see 640x400, 640x480, 1024x768 and some higher res ones but there's no longer 800x600.
I think i found the problem, the 800x600 mode was listed as 800x480 mode in the existing rasp-gfx code, new version here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgkj10voe7qe7 ... 15.7z?dl=0

Shame i can't run UAE4ARM from a VNC connection, i can run an outdated emulator SheepShaver running PPC MacOS 9 in a window on my RPI3 from a VNC connection. ;-)

Gr,
Phil.

Trixster

Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Good man, thanks!

One other thing I've noticed, although I could be doing something wrong, but I can't get 4:3 ratio to stick in the config. I can select it, the screen changes to the correct aspect, but saving the config does not seem to remember the change. Upon reloading the config, 4:3 ratio is unticked again!

By the way, your version of UAE4ARM seems to have fixed the JIT issues I was experiencing with Alien Breed 3D II. Before, I had to disable JIT to stop the game immediately slowing to a complete crawl, but now the 1.1 version of the game is smooth and fast with 68040 JIT emulation enabled. Nice one! A 1300Mhz RPi3 nearly is as fast as my A1200 with 80Mhz 68060 accelerator in this game now.

PhillyFromNL

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:03 pm

Trixster wrote:Good man, thanks!

One other thing I've noticed, although I could be doing something wrong, but I can't get 4:3 ratio to stick in the config. I can select it, the screen changes to the correct aspect, but saving the config does not seem to remember the change. Upon reloading the config, 4:3 ratio is unticked again!

By the way, your version of UAE4ARM seems to have fixed the JIT issues I was experiencing with Alien Breed 3D II. Before, I had to disable JIT to stop the game immediately slowing to a complete crawl, but now the 1.1 version of the game is smooth and fast with 68040 JIT emulation enabled. Nice one! A 1300Mhz RPi3 nearly is as fast as my A1200 with 80Mhz 68060 accelerator in this game now.
Ok, have to look into it , is this a existing problem or is this introduced with this version?

Trixster

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Introduced in this version

PhillyFromNL

Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Trixster wrote:Introduced in this version
Think i found and fixed the issue, new version here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpdqb6vy3so4z ... 46.7z?dl=0

I also add a option to select a 68060 cpu, since i found that there's code for it, but keep in mind that i totally don't know what i'm doing so it must be very buggy.

At least newcli->cpu points out that in fact the cpu is a 68060 ;)

Higgy

Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Hi,

Thanks for working on this.
I have just been trying it. It seems to lock up when trying to run a Hardfile. Maybe its me?
Also the 'menu' key is back to CTRL. I thought we were moving to F12.

Cheers.

PhillyFromNL

Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:36 pm

Higgy wrote:Hi,

I have just been trying it. It seems to lock up when trying to run a Hardfile. Maybe its me?

Cheers.
Hi Higgy,

I test using a hardfile to boot from, so that's weird, i did discover i need to use 'sudo' to be able to save my configs.

I might missed that meeting, but i also had the F12 key option planned conform winuae, so here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8i6t9narqa7s ... 21.7z?dl=0

I just wanted to work with the latest changes including the bsdsocket and i just couln't wait for Chips to make a new version ;)

PhillyFromNL

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:53 pm

PhillyFromNL wrote:
Higgy wrote:Hi,

Cheers.
Hi Higgy,

I test using a hardfile to boot from, so that's weird, i did discover i need to use 'sudo' to be able to save my configs.

I might missed that meeting, but i also had the F12 key option planned conform winuae, so here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8i6t9narqa7s ... 21.7z?dl=0

I just wanted to work with the latest changes including the bsdsocket and i just couln't wait for Chips to make a new version ;)
Also compiled sdl and gles versions (gles version doesn't display correct width/height with picasso and is in a window):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlx6li77mzhcz ... es.7z?dl=0

Ariath

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:13 am

Hi all!

I have a question about video resolution:

I have built this in my RPi +B (i think, i don't remember the model, but it is a RPi 1), and GUI runs fine, but... because i'm using composite video, the gui is too large and goes off screen.

There is any way of "resizing the gui"? I thought the gui would adujst itself to the screen ...
I don't mind if the resolution is hardcoded, just need to know which source file i need to edit and i will recompile it :D .

See ya!

Chips

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:02 am

I pushed the merge with latest TomB version. But i have some bugs with it...
It you set higher emulation rendering resolution with 640 and above for horizontal, it looks like some playfield/mouse get broken... (can be seen in workbench 1.3)
Picasso works but when you exit sometimes it stuck...

I will looks at theses later...
Ariath wrote:Hi all!
I have built this in my RPi +B (i think, i don't remember the model, but it is a RPi 1), and GUI runs fine, but... because i'm using composite video, the gui is too large and goes off screen.

There is any way of "resizing the gui"? I thought the gui would adujst itself to the screen ...
I don't mind if the resolution is hardcoded, just need to know which source file i need to edit and i will recompile it :D .
In file od-pandora/gui/main_window.cpp, just enable original code (replace #if defined (RASPBERRY) by #if 0) :

Code: Select all

#if defined (RASPBERRY)
    const SDL_VideoInfo* videoInfo = SDL_GetVideoInfo ();
    printf("Current resolution: %d x %d %d bpp\n",videoInfo->current_w, videoInfo->current_h, videoInfo->vfmt->BitsPerPixel);
    gui_screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(videoInfo->current_w,videoInfo->current_h,16,SDL_SWSURFACE |SDL_FULLSCREEN);
    #else
    gui_screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(GUI_WIDTH, GUI_HEIGHT, 16, SDL_SWSURFACE);
    #endif

Ariath

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:20 pm

I got an error building the latest revision (i haven't applied the resolution patch yet):

[email protected]:~/github/uae4arm $ make PLATFORM=rpi1
g++ -o uae4arm src/aros.rom.o src/audio.o src/autoconf.o src/blitfunc.o src/blittable.o src/blitter.o src/bsdsocket.o src/cfgfile.o src/cia.o src/crc32.o src/custom.o src/disk.o src/diskutil.o src/drawing.o src/events.o src/expansion.o src/filesys.o src/fpp.o src/fsdb.o src/fsdb_unix.o src/fsusage.o src/gfxutil.o src/hardfile.o src/inputdevice.o src/keybuf.o src/main.o src/memory.o src/native2amiga.o src/rommgr.o src/savestate.o src/traps.o src/uaelib.o src/uaeresource.o src/zfile.o src/zfile_archive.o src/archivers/7z/Archive/7z/7zAlloc.o src/archivers/7z/Archive/7z/7zDecode.o src/archivers/7z/Archive/7z/7zExtract.o src/archivers/7z/Archive/7z/7zHeader.o src/archivers/7z/Archive/7z/7zIn.o src/archivers/7z/Archive/7z/7zItem.o src/archivers/7z/7zBuf.o src/archivers/7z/7zCrc.o src/archivers/7z/7zStream.o src/archivers/7z/Bcj2.o src/archivers/7z/Bra.o src/archivers/7z/Bra86.o src/archivers/7z/LzmaDec.o src/archivers/dms/crc_csum.o src/archivers/dms/getbits.o src/archivers/dms/maketbl.o src/archivers/dms/pfile.o src/archivers/dms/tables.o src/archivers/dms/u_deep.o src/archivers/dms/u_heavy.o src/archivers/dms/u_init.o src/archivers/dms/u_medium.o src/archivers/dms/u_quick.o src/archivers/dms/u_rle.o src/archivers/lha/crcio.o src/archivers/lha/dhuf.o src/archivers/lha/header.o src/archivers/lha/huf.o src/archivers/lha/larc.o src/archivers/lha/lhamaketbl.o src/archivers/lha/lharc.o src/archivers/lha/shuf.o src/archivers/lha/slide.o src/archivers/lha/uae_lha.o src/archivers/lha/util.o src/archivers/lzx/unlzx.o src/archivers/wrp/warp.o src/archivers/zip/unzip.o src/md-pandora/support.o src/od-pandora/bsdsocket_host.o src/od-pandora/fsdb_host.o src/od-pandora/joystick.o src/kb-sdl/keyboard.o src/od-pandora/inputmode.o src/od-pandora/writelog.o src/od-pandora/pandora.o src/od-pandora/pandora_filesys.o src/od-pandora/pandora_gui.o src/od-pandora/pandora_mem.o src/od-pandora/sigsegv_handler.o src/od-pandora/menu/menu_config.o src/sd-sdl/sound_sdl_new.o src/od-pandora/gui/UaeRadioButton.o src/od-pandora/gui/UaeDropDown.o src/od-pandora/gui/UaeCheckBox.o src/od-pandora/gui/UaeListBox.o src/od-pandora/gui/InGameMessage.o src/od-pandora/gui/SelectorEntry.o src/od-pandora/gui/ShowMessage.o src/od-pandora/gui/SelectFolder.o src/od-pandora/gui/SelectFile.o src/od-pandora/gui/CreateFilesysHardfile.o src/od-pandora/gui/EditFilesysVirtual.o src/od-pandora/gui/EditFilesysHardfile.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelPaths.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelConfig.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelCPU.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelChipset.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelROM.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelRAM.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelFloppy.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelHD.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelDisplay.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelSound.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelInput.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelMisc.o src/od-pandora/gui/PanelSavestate.o src/od-pandora/gui/main_window.o src/od-pandora/gui/Navigation.o src/od-rasp/rasp_gfx.o src/od-pandora/gui/sdltruetypefont.o src/newcpu.o src/readcpu.o src/cpudefs.o src/cpustbl.o src/cpuemu_0.o src/cpuemu_4.o src/cpuemu_11.o src/jit/compemu.o src/jit/compemu_fpp.o src/jit/compstbl.o src/jit/compemu_support.o -lbcm_host -lSDL -lpthread -lm -lz -lSDL_image -lpng -lrt -lSDL_ttf -lguichan_sdl -lguichan -L/opt/vc/lib
src/od-pandora/gui/PanelConfig.o: En la función `LoadConfigByName(char const*)':
PanelConfig.cpp:(.text+0x8c): referencia a `target_cfgfile_load(uae_prefs*, char*, int, int)' sin definir
src/od-pandora/gui/PanelConfig.o: En la función `ConfigsListActionListener::action(gcn::ActionEvent const&)':
PanelConfig.cpp:(.text._ZN25ConfigsListActionListener6actionERKN3gcn11ActionEventE[_ZN25ConfigsListActionListener6actionERKN3gcn11ActionEventE]+0xc4): referencia a `target_cfgfile_load(uae_prefs*, char*, int, int)' sin definir
src/od-pandora/gui/PanelConfig.o: En la función `ConfigButtonActionListener::action(gcn::ActionEvent const&)':
PanelConfig.cpp:(.text._ZN26ConfigButtonActionListener6actionERKN3gcn11ActionEventE[_ZN26ConfigButtonActionListener6actionERKN3gcn11ActionEventE]+0x19c): referencia a `target_cfgfile_load(uae_prefs*, char*, int, int)' sin definir
src/od-pandora/gui/CreateFilesysHardfile.o: En la función `CreateFilesysHardfile()':
CreateFilesysHardfile.cpp:(.text+0xd3c): referencia a `add_filesys_config(uae_prefs*, int, char*, char*, char*, int, int, int, int, int, int, char*, int, int)' sin definir
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:231: recipe for target 'uae4arm' failed
make: *** [uae4arm] Error 1
It seems a function isn't defined :S.

See ya and thanks for your work :3 .

Chips

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Alignement with latest TomB version available in github.
New dependencies:

sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev

Ariath

Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:23 pm

Now it builds perfectly, and GUI works like a charm, but i have another problem: The emulator hangs when i save a config :oops: .
I have seen the confg dir and the new file A500.uae is here, but it is empty.

I was going to do some debugging, but... i don't know where the emulator saves the log files (if it creates any).

See ya!

Chips

Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:08 pm

I just pushed the solution for this problem in github.
gdb is the tool to use to debug this kind of problem (but don't forget to not strip the executable and to compile it with low optimization if possible...)

HoraceAndTheSpider

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Chips

Appreciate the update - just did my first compile direct on the rpi2, and looking good! (will be glad to do this direct in future to keep up with latest versions)

Do we need to be logging requests with TomB if we want to see more available maps added to the key-list? (CD32 controls and UAE activities - e.g. reset, menu etc)

Thanks

Trixster

Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:34 am

The latest build is brilliant, thanks Chips!

Chips

Sun May 01, 2016 5:14 pm

For those who are unable to compile, I updated binary link in first page (v0.5)
Now it is compiled for Raspbian Jessie.

pawelkrak

Sun May 01, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi @Chips.

Thanx for latest build. All working perfectly but tell me, when i used original Amiga 1200 keyboard with Keyrah V2 how can i back to GUI ? Normaly was CTRL to back to menu(GUI) now i can't. Any chance to assign other key as F10 or HELP ?

n0rt0nthec4t

Sun May 01, 2016 11:04 pm

I've hacked some code together to make this work with my keyrah interface.. FD(s) is scroll lock and HD is Numlock led. happy to share

Update: if you want to try this out, i've attached the modified source files (based on the 0.5 sources). Modified files are:

src/od-pandora/pandora_gui.cpp
src/od-pandora/gui/PanelMisc.cpp
src/cfgfile.cpp
src/include/options.h

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php ... 4451865906

pawelkrak wrote:Hi @chips

i'd like to say You big thanx (in latest compilation PICASSO working very well, sounds work good no lags) but I have still that same question. Can you make a working status LEDs like WINUAE and USB KEYBOARD (ex. POWER LED is NUMLOCK, HDD LED is CAPS LOCK and DF0 LED is SCROLL LOCK). Im using keyrah but leds dont lit.

regards Paul

Haemogoblin

Thu May 05, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi there

It's been a while since I updated my install of UAE4ARM, but after compiling the latest build I've hit a couple of snags. Suddenly my 'Enter' key no longer acts as a fire button and the 'Control' key doesn't bring up the menu anymore. Has my PI3 just compiled this wrong or something? Because as it stands now, the currently version of Uae4arm is unusable on my Amiga600 pi. Which means I left using an old version of the emulator. The A600 only has ten F keys, so if the config screen has been assigned back to F12, I'm essentially left out to dry. I can't exactly press F12 when I dont physically have it on my keyboard.

Would it be possible to make the key for the config screen optional? So those of us who are running Uae4Arm in an actual Amiga case can still benefit and not be left out.
Blackadder: Right Baldrick, let's try again, shall we? This is called adding. If I have two beans, and then I add two more, what do I have?
Baldrick: Some beans

Return to “Gaming”