DarkGiver

Re: Uae4arm: Amiga emulator with JIT and DispmanX

Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:24 am

Wow impressive ! it works !

I commented both incriminated lines, recompiled, and now it works flawlessly \(^o^)/

Thank you so much ! m(_ _)m

Well... now the last thing to fix is the resolution limitation in picasso96 UAE modes... maybe by allowing more RTG memory allocation ? It's actually locked to 16 and 64 for the Z3 fast, there must be a way to change the cap....

It's actually locked to 1280 x 960 32 bits

Chips

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:49 pm

Increasing RTG memory will not enable more resolution to works (i don't know why) moreover 64MB make uae4arm crash... I don't think i will look further.

DarkGiver

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:11 pm

in \od-rasp\rasp_gfx.cpp

Found that :

Code: Select all

#define MAX_SCREEN_MODES 6
static int x_size_table[MAX_SCREEN_MODES] = { 640, 640, 800, 1024, 1152, 1280 };
static int y_size_table[MAX_SCREEN_MODES] = { 400, 480, 480,  768,  864,  960 };
Added new values and it partially works... i think it's still limited by the memory...

kikendo

Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi there!

Is it at all possible to add these features?
- Loading an ADF file as a parameter using default config so we can use this better with Retropie (by having default config not showing GUI at startup). I made EmulationStation show my ADFs but when UAE4ARM is invoked, it doesn't load them into DF0:
- Menu operation/GUI/fronteed controllable with joypad/controller

Really impressed about the performance of this in my RPi Zero. Keep it up!

portarinos

Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:38 am

hi and thanks for the effort in bringing amiga emulation even closer to our tiny rpi! I have a Rpi2 and to be honest, when i tried UAE4ALL which is included in Retropie i couldn't believe my eyes with how smooth it was. All i want to do now is make use of a spare Keyrah plus an empty A1200 case/keyboard and install my second Rpi2 there BUT i would like to achieve seamless integration of UAE4ALL by booting straight to ClassicWB 3.9. I have already prepared a fully functional HDF and tested it properly which means that OSwise i'm ready. Since i don't really know much about linux and already tried a couple of solutions found on the net but with no success at all, is there any way for someone to post/write a mini guide on how to boot straight to emulated CWB. I have already installed Raspbian if that matters! Thanks for the time and keep up the good work.

AmiPie

Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi Chips,
Thanks for working on this project - Uae4arm."Great Work !"
If possible could Uae4arm on the RPi2 Boot straight into Workbench 3.1 from power up ?
as I want it to replace my A1200 which now beyond repair.
and thanks to all the People who have worked along side this Project and got it this far.

DaveDriesen

Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Does anyone have this working on /dev/fb1? (fbtft, any other dtoverlay or anything else at all)

The following works; it launches the application and displays the gui on the SDL surface on fb1.. Albeit awkwardly on the 320x240 TFT. However, it seems to freeze entirely when actually launching the emulation:

SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 ./uae4arm
Attempting to launch the application directly with an autostarting .conf file (to bypass the GUI) just results in a blank screen. Or worse, it renders the framebuffer unusable until reboot...

SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 ./uae4arm -f ik.uae

# ik.uae:
config_description=Autostart
use_gui=no
kickstart_rom_file=/foo/bar/uae4arm-rpi/roms/kick13.rom
floppy0=/foo/bar/uae4arm-rpi/ik.adf
floppy0type=0
floppy0sound=0
nr_floppies=1
Seriously I can't be the only one trying to play International Karate on a pi + TFT!!

IK+ for life!

Grtz,
Dave

Chips

Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:42 am

Uae4arm use dispmanx to render amiga screen which from my understanding isn't part of framebuffer but another layer above it (or something close to this)... and currently it looks like dispx layer is hardcoded to be rendered above fb0

This should be the same problem as with EGL/GLES:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=58952

There should be some way to make your display seen as fb0 or other tricks but would need some time (and should be more on kernel/os side... )...

The best way would be to re-activate SDL display instead of dispmanX in uae4arm

wotanica

Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:39 pm

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but since it's about UAE on the PI2, I hope its ok.

I recently got UAE4All2 to run normal ADF disks. Thats cool and fun, but my interests is more in running OS 3.9 with Harddisk images. Essentially what i want to do is to boot straight into UAE, even ditching the Linux desktop if it's possible.

Can anyone please tell me if there is an official blog/website for the UAE4All2 Raspberry PI project?
It's like a myth these days.. you find some info here, some there, but you never really know what is what?

Also -- and I would gladly pay 30£ for this -- can someone create a RPI2 disk image which boots straight into UAE?
No Linux desktop, preferably with a boot image (png/jpg easy to replace), and bam -- straight into UAE which boots up a hd-file.

I have roms, i have HD-File setup with AmigaOS 3.9 (32 bit graphics 1024 mode).

If anyone could help me with this -- i would gladly pay 30 pounds or euros, no problem. As long as the Linux desktop never shows up.

Chips

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:45 pm

How to boot directly to uae4arm FOR RASPBIAN WHEEZY (and other linux based on init)!
Below instruction apply for pi user but you can subtitute for any other user you created.
I prefer to edit files under desktop but you can use any other way too...

First if you boot to desktop, let's disable this by entering following line in a terminal (raspi-config could be used to... to be confirmed):

sudo update-rc.d lightdm disable 2
Now reboot and check: you should not go anymore to desktop but instead should be ask for login in text mode.
So login as pi (user then password) then enter startx to continue customization.

Now open a terminal and edit /etc/inittab by entering following line:

sudo leafpad /etc/inittab &
And add a # at the beginning of the line that ask for login, as below

#1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 115200 tty1
And instead we will auto-login, to do this add the following line just below the commented line

1:2345:respawn:/bin/login -f pi tty1 </dev/tty1 >/dev/tty1 2>&1
Now save and reboot and check: we should autologin with pi user so without any authentication...

Now enter startx to continue customization:

We will add uae4arm at each bash launch (basically each time you enter command line mode):

Enter following line in a terminal in order to edit bashrc:

leafpad ~/.bashrc &
At the bottom add lines to execute uae4arm (update directory as your installation):

cd ~/uae4arm-rpi/
./uae4arm
Now reboot: you should enter automatically uae4arm :)

For Raspbian jessie, it is completly different since it use systemd instead of init during booting sequence...

Chips

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:12 pm

How to boot directly to uae4arm FOR RASPBIAN JESSIE (and other linux based on systemd)!

First if you boot to desktop, let's disable this by entering following line in a terminal:

sudo systemctl set-default multi-user.target 
Then reboot and check: you should autologin with pi user so without any authentication and without desktop...

Now enter startx to continue customization:

We will add uae4arm at each bash launch (basically each time you enter command line mode):

Enter following line in a terminal in order to edit bashrc:

leafpad ~/.bashrc &
At the bottom add lines to execute uae4arm (update directory as your installation):

cd ~/uae4arm-rpi/
./uae4arm
Next reboot you should enter automatically uae4arm :)
Last edited by Chips on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wotanica

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:20 pm

OMG! Thank you so much!!! Whoo-hoo, A1200 mod here i come :)

But how can i mount a HDF file?
I would probably scream of joy if i could mount my Amiga 3.9 or 4.1 disk image on the PI.
Then i would just stay home and code 68k ASM all day long :)

Chips

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:38 pm

wotanica wrote:But how can i mount a HDF file?
There is no complexity: Create a configuration with an working HDF (check it boots) , then deselect show gui on startup and save this configuration (Ex: harddisk). Exit uae4arm and you should find this configuration saved in a file inside conf directory.
Then just update the last line in bashrc to execute directly this configuration:

./uae4arm -f conf/harddisk.uae

No your Pi will directly boot into AmigaOS :)
wotanica wrote:Then i would just stay home and code 68k ASM all day long :)
I think what we need is more uae4arm developer :lol:

nilly

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:55 am

Hi guys, great job with uae for the pi. Been enjoying it a lot. Have been trying to get Picasso working, not that I really need it but still. I have installed uae4arm through retropie from source with retropies script, can't find any settings about rtg, Picasso, rtg memory or anything like that and classicwb Picasso, reports that it can't find any screenmodes. Is it retropie that compiles some old sources? I don't get it.

Chips

Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:31 pm

Picasso is desactivated on Rpi1, so you need a Rpi2 and check that you compile for Rpi2 specifically...

RockyBoulder

Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:45 pm

Hello!

I tried UAE4arm RPI and like it very much. I had a Amiga for a long time. Unfortunately not any more. Fortunately I still have a copy of my old Amiga-Harddisk (no hdf-file but all files transferd to ext4, hope that works, too.).

Three questions:
1. I tried Slam Tilt (pinball). Is it somehow possible to remap the keyboard? Would like to use booth shift or both ctrl keys for this game but only managed to assign left and right flipper pads to left and right cursor keys which is not that good. BTW: The game mentioned seems not to like the JIT only works properly without.

2. Is there a way to configure how interlaced modes are displayed? I would prefere to have this displayed scan doubled / switched to another higher resolution instead of the old flickering you have on a Amiga without scandoubler.

3. Is there a button somewhere for "pay the devs a coffee" or something? Quite a few projects have something like this on there website if you like their projects and Chips should be no exception ;)

sunjammer

Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:04 pm

Hi guys,

I am trying to get comfortable with uae4arm.
After I started uae4arm with an adf file:
How can I close the emulator? How can I get to uae4arm's GUI?

And: Is it possible to remap button bindings of my joystick? How?

Sorry for my silly question but I did not find out yet...

Trixster

Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:20 pm

Can someone give me a steer on how to get p96 running correctly?

I'm using retropie 3.4 on an rpi2. I've setup classicwb adv on winuae. I've installed Picasso96 and all seems to run fine using uaegfx in screen mode prefs.

When I move the hdf over to the rpi2 workbench will throw an error whilst booting. I've made sure I've added some ram in the cfg, but no matter what I do I cant see any uaegfx options in screen mode prefs.

What do I need to do to get p96 running? I've updated the retropie-setup script and told it to build uae4arm from source. How do I ensure its compiling for rpi2 with p96 support? Will it do this automatically?

AmiPie

Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:01 pm

If you dont get a reply you could try these http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?s ... 8bbc9&f=26 Just create a post and ask, I heard these guys know about Amiga Emulation.

Chips

Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:58 pm

RockyBoulder wrote: 2. Is there a way to configure how interlaced modes are displayed? I would prefere to have this displayed scan doubled / switched to another higher resolution instead of the old flickering you have on a Amiga without scandoubler.
Would be good to have this but it's not available... the last time I look at this I didn't understand how interlaced is handled (source code seems a little bit strange regarding this... ) so quite a indepth knowledge of uae4arm is needed here...
RockyBoulder wrote:3. Is there a button somewhere for "pay the devs a coffee" or something? Quite a few projects have something like this on there website if you like their projects and Chips should be no exception ;)
I'm always hesitating on this: I did only few part of the uae4arm on Rpi and the biggest part came from others devs... but anyway we miss of developper and this way of doing could incline more developer to participate...
sunjammer wrote:Hi guys,
After I started uae4arm with an adf file:
How can I close the emulator? How can I get to uae4arm's GUI?
Left ctrl keyboard key should let you go back to uae4arm gui...
Trixster wrote:Can someone give me a steer on how to get p96 running correctly?
Be sure to have RTG memory available in RAM panel then to set some size for it... it could be related to your picasso version too (tomb indicate: required version of rtg.library: 40.3993 or higher)

balric

Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:54 pm

obert01 wrote:Hello all,

For your information and enjoyment, please find below a link to the script I am using to run Amiga games from EmulationStation with Uae4arm (sorry for the link, I haven't managed to attach the file):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/185 ... UAE4Arm.sh

It is able to manage single .adf or .adz files, but also .zip files containing several disks. With .zip files, the script unarchive the disk files, tries to identifies in which order they are to be inserted in the uae4arm virtual floppy drives, and launches the emulator.

I have tested the script Under RetroPie, but it can be modified easily to work in other environments.

Under RetroPie, you have to:
  1. Run Uae4ARM once, click the "save" button to generate the default configuration file. Then press the "exit" button.
  2. Edit the file that has been generated in the previous step (Under RetroPie it is located at /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4arm/conf/uaeconfig.uae") and check the lines that begins with "floppy<n>=". In order for my script to work properly, you must check you have these lines as follows in this config file:

floppy0=df0.adf
    floppy1=df1.adf
    floppy2=df2.adf
    floppy3=df3.adf
  3. Still in this same config file, you may change "use_gui=yes" by "use_gui=no" in order to start directly the emulation, without seeing the emulator's graphical interface.
  4. Don't forget to save your modified uaeconfig.uae file.
  5. Place the script I provide (+Start UAE4Arm.sh) in /home/RetroPie/roms/amiga/
  6. Check your /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg or your /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg file and ensure in the amiga section that .adf .ADF .adz .ADZ .zip and .ZIP extensions are accepted.
  7. Modify the file /opt/retropie/configs/amiga/emulators.cfg in order to have at least the following lines:

uae4arm="/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/amiga/Start\ UAE4Arm.sh %ROM%"
    default="uae4arm"

This should be OK for most situations where you want to launch floppy disk games directly from EmulationStation.

Cheers,
I followed this guide but cant see a way to run a game by selecting the game adfs, unless I missed somthing
Last edited by balric on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windale

Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:44 pm

chips wrote:
Trixster wrote:Can someone give me a steer on how to get p96 running correctly?
Be sure to have RTG memory available in RAM panel then to set some size for it... it could be related to your picasso version too (tomb indicate: required version of rtg.library: 40.3993 or higher)
I am also having trouble getting ClassicWB P96 (Picasso version) to work :-
http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/p96.htm

I have the very latest version of UAE4Arm, I know this because the mouse now moves very smooth in workbench etc. due to your latest Github commit. I do not see an option for RTG memory (which is needed for Picasso), there is only Z3 memory (and the standard Chip and Fast memory). How do you get the RTG memory option ?

Can someone who has managed to get Bloodwych's 'ClassicWB P96' package to work on UAE4Arm explain how they did it please ? I am on a Raspberry Pi 2.

Chips

Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Looks like you've a version for Rpi1 (picasso disabled)... you need to have a version compiled for Rpi2 then RTG size selection slider will be present in GUI ram panel...

Trixster

Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:11 pm

This is the setup file retropie uses for uae4arm

#!/usr/bin/env bash

# This file is part of The RetroPie Project
# 
# The RetroPie Project is the legal property of its developers, whose names are
# too numerous to list here. Please refer to the COPYRIGHT.md file distributed with this source.
# 
# See the LICENSE.md file at the top-level directory of this distribution and 
# at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/master/LICENSE.md
#

rp_module_id="uae4arm"
rp_module_desc="Amiga emulator with JIT support"
rp_module_menus="2+"
rp_module_flags="!x86 !mali"

function depends_uae4arm() {
    getDepends libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libguichan-dev
}

function sources_uae4arm() {
    gitPullOrClone "$md_build" https://github.com/Chips-fr/uae4arm-rpi/
}

function build_uae4arm() {
    if isPlatform "rpi"; then
        make PLATFORM=rpi1 CPU_FLAGS=""
    else
        make PLATFORM=rpi2 CPU_FLAGS="-mfpu=neon"
    fi
    md_ret_require="$md_build/uae4arm"
}

function install_uae4arm() {
    md_ret_files=(
        'conf'
        'data'
        'kickstarts'
        'uae4arm'
        'savestates'
        'screenshots'
    )
}

function configure_uae4arm() {
    mkRomDir "amiga"

mkUserDir "$md_inst/conf"

# symlinks to optional kickstart roms in our BIOS dir
    for rom in kick12.rom kick13.rom kick20.rom kick31.rom; do
        ln -sf "$biosdir/$rom" "$md_inst/kickstarts/$rom"
    done

cat > "$romdir/amiga/+Start UAE4Arm.sh" << _EOF_
#!/bin/bash
pushd "$md_inst"
./uae4arm
popd
_EOF_
    chmod a+x "$romdir/amiga/+Start UAE4Arm.sh"
    chown $user:$user "$romdir/amiga/+Start UAE4Arm.sh"

addSystem 1 "$md_id" "amiga" "$romdir/amiga/+Start\ UAE4Arm.sh" "Amiga" ".sh"
}
It looks like is differentiates between rpi1 and rpi2 already, so what could be the problem?

I'm not getting the RTG memory slider like Windale either and I'm using an rpi2.

But downloading the source and running 'sudo make' seems to work perfectly, perhaps as expected. It just seems that the current retropie script doesn't compile for rpi2 correctly.

Chips

Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:45 pm

Do you use a retropie image ? Which image ? There could be some badly generated...
Looks like more an issue on retropie than on uae4arm...

Return to “Gaming”