bagowarrior

Re: Uae4arm: Amiga emulator with JIT and DispmanX

Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:17 pm

Sorted it with the Alt key switch to joystick and configured game to use joystick also (Micro Machines)

rSl

Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:39 pm

bagowarrior wrote:Sorted it with the Alt key switch to joystick and configured game to use joystick also (Micro Machines)
great!! have fun & and let the good times roll (drive)! :)

Chips

Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:28 pm

FYI, merge of v1.0 from pandora is available in github...

rSl

Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:24 pm

awesome! thanks chips!! :)

noobberrypi

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:36 pm

For all the RPI1 owners out there, what do we type into the command line to install Uae4arm via Github, have I got the following correct (compiled from this thread)?

sudo git clone https://github.com/Chips-fr/uae4arm-rpi
sudo apt-get install g++-4.8
sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev
sudo apt-get install libsdl-gfx1.2-dev
sudo apt-get install libsdl-ttf2.0-dev
sudo apt-get install libguichan-dev
make -f Makefile_rpi1

Should I be able to install Uae4arm for RPI1 via RetroPie menu yet?

Thank you

Higgy

Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Compiled and ran fine on RPi 2

Thanks

Mark36

Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:55 am

Hi how do you disable 4/3 ratio shrink on start up on latest build ?

I have disabled 4/3 tick box and saved as uaeconfig default config but 4/3 returns again.

Great work btw :)

Mark36

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:16 am

Ok I made change to src/cfgfile.cpp and built again 4/3 off by default. 8-)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v60w7 ... ae4arm.zip

Chips

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:17 am

Mark36 wrote:I have disabled 4/3 tick box and saved as uaeconfig default config but 4/3 returns again.
If i remember well it is not saved in configuration... i can look at this, it should not be too much effort.

nbk7

Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi Chips,

Also posted this issue in the uae4all2 thread in March regarding second player controller issues. It also applies to uae4arm:

- the second player can only be used when both my game pads are in controller mode. But even then the controls of P1 affect the controls of P2 (and vice versa).
- the keyboard mode of the game pads (which works fine for retroarch emulators and vice) doesn't work at all. I can assign the individual letters of the pre-defined conroller keys to Port1 (Player2) via "Custom Control" below, but it simply doesn't have any effect within the games.

Any idea what could be the cause?

Thanks and Regards,
nbk7

Chips

Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:41 pm

Mark36 wrote:I have disabled 4/3 tick box and saved as uaeconfig default config but 4/3 returns again.
I pushed the solution in github.
Beware that compilation command has been updated (to complies with retropie expectation). See github page...
nbk7 wrote:- the second player can only be used when both my game pads are in controller mode. But even then the controls of P1 affect the controls of P2 (and vice versa).
- the keyboard mode of the game pads (which works fine for retroarch emulators and vice) doesn't work at all. I can assign the individual letters of the pre-defined conroller keys to Port1 (Player2) via "Custom Control" below, but it simply doesn't have any effect within the games.
Two joystick works well in raspbian in latest uae4arm... i just tried it. I just need to press left alt keyboard key to switch between mouse or 2nd joystick (amiga shared same connector for mouse and 2nd joystick).... no need to do anything else...
Are you under retropie ? I never tried under retropie...

amigapi

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi Chips.
I'm also using your Port of UAE4Arm on my Pi 2.
This peace of software is just great. This emu is faster then my upgraded A4000 and makes a lot of fun.
Now I can use my Pi to watch my favorite demos.

But I have a few Questions.
Is it possible to use Interlaced-Modes without flickering?
Is it possible to remap the keyboard? I want to use it as a more portable Amiga-replacement and right now I can't use all of the keys. This is very problemtic for me because I use a german keyboard.

And my last question.
Do you see a chance to implement bsdsocket emu? This would give us the chance to built an alternative and open source Amigaplatform using AROS.

Yours Amigapi

Chips

Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:22 pm

amigapi wrote: Is it possible to use Interlaced-Modes without flickering?
I have no idea... you could always try picasso modes which enable higher resolution without any flickering... but it has some bugs and i didn't try in latest version... so it could be broken.
amigapi wrote: Is it possible to remap the keyboard? I want to use it as a more portable Amiga-replacement and right now I can't use all of the keys. This is very problemtic for me because I use a german keyboard.
Keyboard management is not good in uae4arm since it used keysym and not keycode. Ideally we would need to take keyboard management from newer uae code which use keycode...
With current implementation, you can use german keyboard mapping but you need to recompile: in keyboard.cpp file replace the call to decode_us in keycode2amiga function by decode_de.
amigapi wrote: Do you see a chance to implement bsdsocket emu? This would give us the chance to built an alternative and open source Amigaplatform using AROS.
Only If someone else implement this ...

noobberrypi

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:33 am

I can confirm that UAE4ARM works on RPI1.

Thank you Chips for your work and to everyone who helped make it happen.

The build instructions are on the Github page for this project, which are what I followed. I duplicated the EmulationStation launch script for the other UAE emulator and renamed the references to point to UAE4ARM so that it could be launched from EmulationStation.

Two USB controllers work, along with USB keyboard and USB mouse. Just like a real Amiga, a mouse or controller can be toggled on either of the two ports, this is done using the left and right Cmd keys on the keyboard. Hitting Control returns you to the UAE4ARM menu.

I don't seem to be able to save configs, or states.

My Pi 1 has been overclocked to the maximum possible. Games run at 100% speed, with the occasional music stutter/cut out. Kickstart 1.3/Amiga 500 seems to provide the best performance, least audio issues.

Now I need to figure out how to launch games (or states or configs) from EmulationStation…

Chips

Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:34 pm

windale wrote:And if you select the 4:3 shrink option, the menu GUI leaves a couple of lines of vertical pixels down the right side.
This was only happening with a Pi set in small resolution... hence few people had this. Anyway Solution has just been pushed in Git

amigapi

Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:07 am

Hi chips.

Right now I trie to recompile your sources. That works fine but I've some small questions.
Is it possible to remap the menu and the joy-swap keys?

Also I've found a bug in the picasso-mode.
When I try to use a P96-Mode larger than 640x400 then only a small part of the Workbench is displayed. Do you know a fix for it?

Thanks for your attention.

Chips

Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:23 pm

amigapi wrote:Hi chips.
Is it possible to remap the menu and the joy-swap keys?
Not possible without code modification and recompilation.
If you don't like left ctrl, change SDLK key code in gui_handle_events function (file pandora_gui.cpp):

if(keystate[SDLK_LCTRL])
goMenu();

For the left ALT to swap joystick/mouse, it's in handle_events function (pandora.cpp)
if (rEvent.key.keysym.sym==SDLK_LALT)
amigapi wrote: When I try to use a P96-Mode larger than 640x400 then only a small part of the Workbench is displayed. Do you know a fix for it?
Yes i forgot this problem... moreover when moving workbench windows content get corrupted sometimes... i should look at thoses... first thing would be to re-use SDL code from pandora to check if same problem occurs...

amigapi

Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Thanks chips.

I will try to reconfigure the keys. This will bring us a real cheap Amiga 4000 Minimig with a lot of power.

Hope you will find the bug in your code.

Vanfanel

Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:33 pm

Hi Chips,

I was using 0.3 until today that I just built 1.0 from your github sources.
There's a problem here, both on Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi2: graphics are not as well synced as they were in 0.3.
You can simply run 0.3 and let the Lemmings scrolling credits roll: watch carefully and you will see that they are totally smooth on 0.3 while they are not totally smooth anymore in 1.0. You can see there are small "jumps" in the scrolling once in a while in 1.0. You have to watch carefully, but it's noticeable.
Have you changed anythig related to screen refresh between these versions on the dispmanx side or on the emulation side?
It's as if refresh rate was well adapted to physical monitor refresh rate in 0.3 but it's not anymore in 1.0.
This is not a CPU power-related problem since both versions are ~50% on the lowly Pi1 (overclocked)...

Do you know if *internal* refresh rate has changed?

rSl

Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:17 pm

*chips toooo theeee rescue!*

tomb, that genius mastermind from the awesome pandora/pyra
community, has just released a new second final version
with picasso fixes all over and even more goodnesses inside!
:)

Chips

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:56 pm

amigapi wrote: When I try to use a P96-Mode larger than 640x400 then only a small part of the Workbench is displayed. Do you know a fix for it?
Solution for this has just been pushed in github...
Vanfanel wrote: Have you changed anythig related to screen refresh between these versions on the dispmanx side or on the emulation side?
Audio use semaphore and has to be well synchronized with core emulation. TomB change some timings in audio in latest version. I feel like it improve audio (i think emulation was faster than audio output), now audio is better but it look like core is faster than audio output so now in every few seconds it stall during one frame waiting for audio to finish...
Try to change the #if 1 to #if 0 in sound_sdl_new.cpp (line 117)

Vanfanel

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:15 am

chips wrote: Audio use semaphore and has to be well synchronized with core emulation. TomB change some timings in audio in latest version. I feel like it improve audio (i think emulation was faster than audio output), now audio is better but it look like core is faster than audio output so now in every few seconds it stall during one frame waiting for audio to finish...
Try to change the #if 1 to #if 0 in sound_sdl_new.cpp (line 117)
Doing this modification and rebuilding DID the trick, chips! Thanks!! Now scrolls are again smooth like in a real Amiga, no more occasional frame desyncs!!
Now, what's the drawback I should expect here? If there isn't one, you should do this the default, really.

Chips

Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:05 am

If you listen carrefully, i feel like audio is worst with the modification you made... but it could be placebo, i didn't check so much.
Anyway ideally we would need to know what is correct timings to set in audio ... tomb should have change this for a good reason.

Vanfanel

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:25 pm

@chips: what should I notice in audio exactly? I have very sensitive ears and it seems the same audio to me. And in fact it sounds pretty well compared to real Amiga gear, which I am used to.
No crackling, no drops, nothing wrong really. Then again I am using a physical 50Hz video mode via tvservice.

Haemogoblin

Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:58 am

Hi there

Could somebody please tell me, which is currently the emulator being worked on uae4arm or uae4all2?

I've recently built an Raspberry pi into an Amiga case and would like to get it running Amiga games, but for the life of me. I can only get Stunt Car Racer to work, I'm using a Keyrah which has one of the Joystick ports mapped to the arrow keys and spacebar for the fire button. Thus far, I've tried playing Bubble Bobble and only been able to get the little guy to jump around, I cant seem to get him spitting bubbles.

Basically what is the key configuration in UAE4? As I'm getting the same issue in both 4ARM and 4ALL2.
Blackadder: Right Baldrick, let's try again, shall we? This is called adding. If I have two beans, and then I add two more, what do I have?
Baldrick: Some beans

Return to “Gaming”