TomBPand

Re: Uae4arm: Amiga emulator with JIT and DispmanX

Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:43 pm

Forgotten world is working good on Pandora ?
Between title screen and start of game, out of sync video and audio is caused by too fast disk emulation, so you have to select 100% for floppy speed.
With the correct settings (CPU more compatible, floppy speed 100%, disable fast copper, disable mousehack) there is no delay in sound or any hickup in game. With other settings, i saw short stops.

Chips

Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:05 pm

TomBPand wrote:With the correct settings (CPU more compatible, floppy speed 100%, disable fast copper, disable mousehack) there is no delay in sound or any hickup in game. With other settings, i saw short stops.
I still have the pause with theses settings. Even with plain pandora original source code recompiled for Rpi. Even in 50 or 60Hz for Rpi video mode. And even in Android on my phone using latest lubomyr version (24072016) :(
What is now even more strange is that I have theses pause even in WinUAE :lol: .. even when using ipf files .. but strangely i re-tested the rpi v0.4 and this problem was not there :? ... Now by looking at youtube:

Some youtube video have them (see at 1min06):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_S9cUlH0Kc
This video which is not emulated doesn't have them (as uae4arm rpi v0.4):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hve1fm-Woc

Just tell me if with theses informations it's more clear...

Between is the change in audio source code needed or not ? I have no idea :P

Higgy

Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:24 pm

I think Forgotten Worlds is cursed.
I am sure when trying it via MAME (0.78?) on my RPi it would play for a few seconds then crash out.

pawelkrak

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:47 pm

I checked a few games today and Ghosts 'N Goblins has the same problem. Laggy and short breaks when playing. Btw XBOX 360 controller work perfect and db9_gpio joysitck too as Multisystem but when i choose ex. Xbox Gamepad, uae4arm not saved configuration properly. Always back to defaults settings.

Chips

Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:45 pm

Sometimes on audio side there was some common usage of same buffer from both sdl audio thread and emulation core. So audio was getting screwed... solution has just been pushed... just let me know if you still encounter strange audio and in which use case.
pawelkrak wrote:I checked a few games today and Ghosts 'N Goblins has the same problem. Laggy and short breaks when playing.
And same as forgotten world: it was working well in v0.4. But not sure i will progress on this...

retrofan011

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:52 pm

I can confirm that there are more games that dont work well on v.05, although they worked correctly on an earlier version v.04
Some examples:
Lionheart (ADF) - corrupted background graphics
Flink CD (WHD) - similar as Lionheart (horizontal lines on the screen)
StarStruck demo - slower on v.05, even sys info gives 30% faster result in Mips, than v.04

Tested on Rpi2, stable overclocked at 1.1Ghz.
There is no doubt that there are more examples like these, but I didnt want to bother with it...
In short, I went back to v.04, due to higher compatibility.

exobuzz

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Chips wrote:No. Moreover I think the ipf library is closed source and support only x86 ATM...
Just noticed this and wanted to mention that the library code is available and does build on the RPI.

See https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Se ... /hatari.sh for the retropie module to build Hatari with ipf support (Hatari already had ipf support - but needed a few changes to work with capsimage v5)

Chips

Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:00 pm

retrofan011 wrote: Lionheart (ADF) - corrupted background graphics
Works well here. Need to disable fast copper.
retrofan011 wrote:StarStruck demo - slower on v.05, even sys info gives 30% faster result in Mips, than v.04
I retried it in latest version in git and it was perfect on my rpi 3.
exobuzz wrote:Just noticed this and wanted to mention that the library code is available and does build on the RPI.

See https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Se ... /hatari.sh for the retropie module to build Hatari with ipf support (Hatari already had ipf support - but needed a few changes to work with capsimage v5)
Let's hope tomb who log here from time to time will see that :mrgreen:

machiminax

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:37 pm

Is there any option to quit the emulator with the joy buttons?
I can play with my gamepad but the only way to quit the emulator is pressing F12 on my keyboard.

retrofan011

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:51 am

Chips wrote:
retrofan011 wrote: Lionheart (ADF) - corrupted background graphics
Works well here. Need to disable fast copper.
retrofan011 wrote:StarStruck demo - slower on v.05, even sys info gives 30% faster result in Mips, than v.04
I retried it in latest version in git and it was perfect on my rpi 3.
In v0.4 no need to disable anything and still work well.
StarStruck is more fluid on rpi2 with v.04 than v.05, maybe pi3 is faster enough to cover this?
What about Flink (whd version)? Do you have horizontal garbage lines over the screen in v.05?

Methanoid

Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:03 am

How do these Amiga emulators compare?

UAE4ARMIGA4PI viewtopic.php?f=78&t=78597
UAE4ALL1 viewtopic.php?f=78&t=17928
UAE4ALL2 viewtopic.php?f=78&t=102328
UAE4ARM viewtopic.php?f=78&t=110488

It seems the 1st three are no longer updated? Is that the case?

djxitec

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:06 pm

I hope Update for Superhires Mode:

https://youtu.be/FvImAboxQo4?t=1h19m30s

Games with this Mode not Working

retrofan011

Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:14 am

I tested Flink (whd version) again with the latest v05 build, but the game is still running noticeably slower than the V04.
Graphic bugs on the screen can be removed by turning off "Fast Copper," but then speed drops even more, usually for additional 5-10%, which makes some games and demos less playable.
With v05 (Fast copper off), Flink gives me just 25-30 fps, but v04 gives me 45-50 fps with same config.
Starstruck demo also has problems with sound (crackling and occasionally skips), which doesnt happen with v04.
All of this has been tested on two distribution RetroPie and Happiga on Rpi2, slightly overclocked at 1000mhz.
In v05, sys info gives me about 106 Mips, while V04, only 64 Mips with fastest configuration.
However, as I said before Starstruck, Silcut demos for example, work smoother and faster with the v04, without graphics and audio artifacts.
Lack of SuperHires mode is not so crucial, as these unexpected issues with v05.
I dont have Rpi3 at the moment, to compare v04 and v05, I think it would be useful to see results for such comparision.
Last edited by retrofan011 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retrofan011

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:32 pm

Definitely, there are more games where v05 runs slower than v04.
I just tested Gloom AGA (whd) and again v05 is slower, the maximum I can get is about 40 fps (fast copper on), while v04 provides a stable 50 fps, move through the rooms was visibly smoother.

Also, I tried to attach a CD32 games (tried Frontier iso and Virtual GP iso), but emulator doesnt detect them.
Is there a way to make CD games work, maybe someone managed to do it and how?

Chips

Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:39 pm

At least the CD32 is starting without ISO ? You should get CD32 boot screen and sound even without ISO...
I only tested guardian and it's booting by selecting the cue file.

deepx

Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi everybody,

I love how you all help to make this a better emulator.
The option to change the F12 to something else is fantastic for Amiga keyboard users.

Do you know if there will be a floppysound and shaders/masks option like in Winuae?
I really like those scanline-masks and crt shader from Winuae. Gets rid of some nasty pixels ;-)

Thanks!

Vanfanel

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:28 pm

deepx wrote:Hi everybody,

I love how you all help to make this a better emulator.
The option to change the F12 to something else is fantastic for Amiga keyboard users.

Do you know if there will be a floppysound and shaders/masks option like in Winuae?
I really like those scanline-masks and crt shader from Winuae. Gets rid of some nasty pixels ;-)

Thanks!
This is possible with the libretro port:

https://github.com/r-type/uae4arm-libretro

However, sound is broken...
@Chips: libretro is the way to go, really. SDL1.x is a dead-end. Since you know the code well, you could fix the libretro port. Just an idea.

Methanoid

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:32 pm

Or the guy who forked it could submit code to the original repo and allow the fork to die off... I'm not a huge fan of forking projects.. Wasn't it Monty Python who coined the phrase "splitters" ?? :lol:

escalade

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:49 am

I'd be willing to "Chip" in some cash to get uae4arm ported to libretro :)

BTW, just fired up my RPi for the first time in a couple months and can't seem to get joystick working with the latest code from github. Using platform=gles, the controller is a DS4 connected through bluetooth as "Wireless controller". It doesn't show up in the input menus, but it works in Kodi, Emulationstation and RetroArch. Any ideas?

escalade

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:04 am

Ok, I've tracked down the problem. This commit breaks both keyboard and joystick for gles:

https://github.com/Chips-fr/uae4arm-rpi ... d3c5a9299a

Tested on LibreELEC (no X server) with an RPi3. Rolling back to the previous commit (a33d65d) works fine.

Chips

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:31 am

But this commit isn't solving this issue ?
https://github.com/Chips-fr/uae4arm-rpi ... a23f372266
edit: at least for keyboard :)

Chips

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:43 pm

Alignement with latest tomB version available.

Improvements:

- Most used source files are now very close to WinUAE version 2.5.1.
- Avoid audio delays in some games/demos
- Bugfix in JIT which sometimes caused seg faults when enter gui
- Savestates enabled for HD and CD configurations (don't know if this is stable)
- Added option "Wait for blits" from WinUAE
- Border sprites (tested with Speris Legacy)
- CPU fastest: automatic timing adjust to reduce stutter

But some things could get broken, let me know :P

ironic-FR

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:42 pm

Hi all
Thanks a lot Chips, for uae4arm, i use it from a long time and i am very happy.

I tried uae4arm with my GPIO2SCART on my CRT TV with a 320x256 resolution.
(Can be done with a Gert VGA666 and a VGA2SCART / GVA2RGB cable).

But, I think you know, on a 320x256 screen , the GUI isn't viewable.
Is there any way to have (shrink) the GUI ?

uae4arm on a CRT at 320x256 PAL (or 320x240 NTSC) must be really funny.
I know, i can launch a game without this GUI but it's just a question.

Thanks again.

n0rt0nthec4t

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:53 am

Here are my latest source file changes based on Chips code commits today.

* Keyboard status led functions configurable under misc options panel (POWER option not done yet, but hey)
* Test Work around for capslock key and led status on debian (tested on jessie with kernel 4.4.x)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php ... 8460245411

Feedback welcome :-)

For key rah users, NUMLock should be configured as HD and ScrollLock as DF*(0-1)

If running a 4.4.x kernel, you'll need to ensure you have created a new udev rule. Create a file in /etc/udev/rules.d (In my case, I used 50-leds.rules) with the following contents

ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="leds", ENV{DEVPATH}=="*/input/*::scrolllock", ATTR{trigger}="kbd-scrollock"

after file is saved, run "udevadm control --reload-rules" then reboot. This should enable the scroll lock key led to function correctly.

HoraceAndTheSpider

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:25 am

i comiled the latest source and suddenly DOS commands on my boot HD folder are coming up as 'not executable'

reverted back to 0.4 (i think - whatever is bundled with RetroPie) and all is fine again ....

Using enhanced a600-like setup, kick 3.1 , two folder mounted as drives, standard dos commands, all files held in roms/amiga with permissions reset etc.

Downloaded source fresh from GitHub master zip this morning

Also, I am part of a Facebook group looking to improve the experience of uae4arm on Retropie by using whdload.

One thing that was noticed is its now necessary to manually select the controller driver from the input tab.

Dpad as joy doesn't seem to work "out of the box" as it were.

Given out need to share 1000s of .uae configs for each game, and the many variants of controller out there, could it be made that if the controller is not selected (or there is a "compatibility mode") then the defiant joypad/stick is used?

Either that or the current options are not behaving as the should....

Thanks
:)

Return to “Gaming”