RasPiGaming

Has anyone gotten microStudio (offline) working on the Pi?

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:09 am

I use microstudio to develop games.
microstudio.dev
But I haven't gotten the offline version running on my RPi yet. Has anyone got it up and running?
An RPi can be a gaming PC. As long as you have the right packages and software anyway.
Using a RPi4 8GB with Ubuntu Desktop 21.04, main interests are gaming and programming. Also occasionally uses two RPi3B+ and a RPi3B.

Moonmarch

Re: Has anyone gotten microStudio (offline) working on the Pi?

Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:09 pm

Are you asking about Microstudio for karaoke music? I only see the MicroStudio.dev website. Is there a download link to the microStudio software? Are you searching for a open source 2D graphics engine?

RasPiGaming

Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:23 pm

No, I'm not into Karaoke. It's a 2D game engine. Head to the about section, then from there its GitHub page. That is where the offline version is located.
An RPi can be a gaming PC. As long as you have the right packages and software anyway.
Using a RPi4 8GB with Ubuntu Desktop 21.04, main interests are gaming and programming. Also occasionally uses two RPi3B+ and a RPi3B.

scruss

Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:38 pm

It would've been a little easier to link to that github: pmgl/microstudio: Free, open source game engine online

What did you try, and what failed? I suspect you'll need a newer NodeJS, as Raspberry Pi OS ships with 5.8, aka 'ancient'.

Looks like a neat system. Could be a bit creaky on anything less than a 4B.
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.
Pronouns: he/him

RasPiGaming

Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:40 pm

I use Ubuntu, not RaspiOS. It failed with:

Code: Select all

npm start
I made sure to install NodeJS prior.
I originally used it on the 3B, but performance is way better on 4B.

scruss

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:49 pm

ah, this should really be in the "Operating system distributions > Other > Ubuntu" section, because that's an important detail. I was about to answer it for Raspberry Pi OS, but it wouldn't have helped you
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.
Pronouns: he/him

Moonmarch

Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:07 pm

I see microStudio runs in the web browser, and the offline version does not require internet access. I do not know anything about node.js or javascript. Did you install npm? You can install the npm software package using the command in the terminal:

sudo apt install npm
I don't know how to use npm either, the instructions included in the microStudio GitHub web page does not seem familiar to me. Is there anything wrong with the web browser version of microStudio?

RasPiGaming

Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:36 am

Moonmarch wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:07 pm
I see microStudio runs in the web browser, and the offline version does not require internet access. I do not know anything about node.js or javascript. Did you install npm? You can install the npm software package using the command in the terminal:

sudo apt install npm
I don't know how to use npm either, the instructions included in the microStudio GitHub web page does not seem familiar to me. Is there anything wrong with the web browser version of microStudio?
Yes, I installed npm. Nothing is wrong with the online version, I just want infinite storage (the online limit is 50MB).

Return to “Ubuntu”